Thread: Rsd?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for the reply,
I do my regular exercises that the PT gave me. It's my new(current) job,lol
Its so hard to move the fingers when they are so swollen. I think I will pick
up some Epsom salt today and see what happens. Do you think maybe I could have a blocked/pinched nerve? I'm suppose to go to Fl. for a do nothing vacation in 2 weeks. Not going anywhere just the beach and pool at the condo. Do you think this will be good for my hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Hi, sorry you've had such a rough time, that sounds like a nasty injury

Your symptoms certainly sound like they could be CRPS/RSD, but as always they could be caused by something different. I think you should get an appointment with a pain management doctor or neurologist who has experience of CRPS, and get a professional view of things.

In the meantime, try to avoid using ice as that can exacerbate CRPS symptoms and make things worse. Elevate your arm to help with swelling, but try to keep your hand moving regularly, even just small movements will help with blood flow and stop the CRPS (if it is that) running rampant. Also, try submerging your arm in a solution of Epsom salts and lukewarm water - Epsoms work on CRPS by blocking the calcium channels and pain signals, but they can help soothe non-CRPS pain as well. Just make sure there are no open wounds to the skin.

Good luck and push for a quick appointment. Whatever it is that's going on, you are obviously worried and need some reassurance and pain relief if nothing else.

Bram.
babyblues3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote