Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 02-15-2007, 04:44 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Tomorow"

It is true that none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. As a matter of fact, many on this earth who are alive today will not see a tomorrow. On the other hand, most people who are alive today will see tomorrow. For many, tomorrow will be their first day to breathe the earth's air. Considering all of this, it is probable that each of us will see tomorrow.
Realizing this, the question comes to mind, "What am I going to do with this gift called tomorrow?" When it arrives, it will be my present(a double meaning).

Am I going to participate in tomorrow's events? Am I going to be a spectator only in tomorrow's events? Am I going to be a creator of some of tomorrow's events? Am I going to close my eyes, hide in a closet and fail to even notice tomorrow's events? The choice is basically ours. There are, I realize, some exceptions, but for the most part, the choice is ours.

We have been dealt a hard blow in life. We, or someone we love, has Parkinson's disease. That hard blow is not, in most cases, the coup de gras, the final blow, the nail in the coffin or the end of the rope. However difficult the situation might seem, there is life with Parkinson's disease.

Dreams should still be dreamed. Plans should still be made. Life should still be lived. Even if you have but one good, solid hour of "ON" time per day, I encourage you to use it. Enjoy it. Cherish it. Drink it in. Seize the moment. LOVE life.

Say to yourself, "I am going to beat this thing. One of these days, I'm going to be well. I'm going to rise up on that morning and greet life with a smile and a burst of laughter. In the meantime, I am going to use every opportunity that is granted me to greet life with a smile and a burst of laughter, so that when my health returns I will not be out of practice."

Folks, it is easy to be negative. It is easy to have a pity party. It is easy to succumb to apathy. The easy way, however, is not necessarily the best way. Realize that YOU are of great value. You are a treasure. You are a finely crafted vessel filled with the essence of life. You are unique, and you are the only one who can fit perfectly into your place in life's puzzle. Don't deny your worth.

LIVE, and BECOME.

michael

I stole this from one of my yesterdays in which I participated.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-15-2007, 05:27 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.~~ John Wayne

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.~~ Diane Ackerman

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.~~ James Lane Allen
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:39 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink favorite quote

thanks, carolyn -- that quote by emerson is one of my favorites. It's a good one to live by.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

jean

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default life

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller

As I grow to understand life less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
Jules Renard

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

We are a valuable treasure.....fearfully and wonderfully made,
Our lives are but a vapor....here today and gone tomorrow,
My biggest fear is that my life will count for nothing,
I am trying to make my small impact on this great big world,
Live life BIG...Make it count.....

maryfrances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:53 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lovely thread Michael

It makes us stop and pause a while.And take stock of what is going on around us.

"We may run,walk,stumble,drive or fly
but let us never lose sight of the reason for the
journey,or miss a chance to see a rainbow
on the way."

Gloria Gaither

"Begin today. No matter how feeble the light,
let it shine as best it may.
The world may need just that quality of light,
which you have."

Henry C. Blinn

steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Life........

Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about - Oscar Wilde

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give - Winston Churchill

Life Don't talk to me about life - Marvin the paronoid android

Chris
Suffolkchris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:55 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alive.

Oscar Wilde's quip is flippant, it is also true. Life is such serious business that it takes humor and laughter to survive, and even more humor and laughter to help one's dear ones survive.
With all the buffets life gives us, there is no need for us to make it harder by being glum and dour. The more we realize how fragile we all are, how tenuous our time, how heartless nature is, the more grateful we feel for every day we live, and for every day our dear ones live and thrive.
We can't afford to squander time away with gripes and sulks and moping. When we know that each day is a gift we make sure to laugh and to enjoy.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:16 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Michael for givimg me something positive to think about.

The mantra I've lived by probably isn't even a famous quote, because goodness knows, I don't know who said it. I repeated it enough to my kids, whom I am very proud of, that they probably think that I penned it.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
mama

Last edited by mamafigure; 02-18-2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: can't type
mamafigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote