Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neuro Chiropractor

Hi all,
I posted about my L5 S1 8mm protrusion, and also about noninvasive spinal decompression. Turned out, they gave me two free visits to try it out, and I just got a lay off notice right before the second treatment- (I am a second grade teacher and enrollment is low). Anyway, I said, I can't pay this amount, sorry, I don't even know if I will have a job in September! They treated anyway, and told me they would call back if they could figured out a cheaper way, because they really did not want me to not get treated (they still haven't called me back and it's been 4 days). In the meantime, this week, I found, though a friend's recommendation, a neuro chiropractor. Anyone else have experience with this? After two treatments, I am already seeing a difference. He does not adjust like regular chiropractors, he actually did some strange stuff, (at least things that didn't seem like they would help my back, but they really were supposed to be directed towards nerves) and it's way cheaper than the noninvasive spinal decompression ($4000). Thankful for any thoughts you have.
jenniferowens is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-13-2009)

advertisement
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I know that Melody--

--who posts here on the peripheral neuropathy board (and others), has had her husband in to a neurochiropractor in New York City who had helped him quite a bit, and she also describes procedures that are different from those of other chiropractors. You might want to PM or otherwise talk to her.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-13-2009), jenniferowens (03-31-2009), mrsD (03-22-2009), Vowel Lady (04-10-2009)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry that you got laid off from your job!
Do you have any insurance now?
IMHO, a specially trained chiropractor might be able to do the same thing as the decompression machines.
DH has considered this treatment...if back pain worsens.

As I mentioned in my other posts (sorry for the repeat), I"m just very excited about it... the improvement (knock on wood) my hubby has gotten lately with his back pain...
He has done these things...

1. Drinks one glass of white wine each night
2. Walks 20 minutes every morning early in the morning...outside (5 days a week).
3. Drinks a little coffee in the morning (always did that), but now drinks a a cup of coffee in the mid afternoon as well.
4. If he has even a little discomcort in the afternoon, he takes a Naproxen.
5. He takes a NeuroOptimizer tablet and B12 tablet before bed. He takes 2000 methyl.type of B12. You can get these things at the health food store.
5. He's going to bed about 30 minutes earlier than he use to.

For moderate pain he takes Naproxen (prescription strength) and for deeper pain he uses the salonpas patch (OTC). However, he hasn't had to use the patch recently and he is using the Naproxen less and less.

DH is convinced that his night time WINE is helping as well as his two cups of coffee during the day...particularly the one in the afternoon. It is also obvious to me that he does better when he walks....

In addition to the treatments you are getting...perhaps...
you might consider regular walking and take a look at the other things on the list. They are inexpensive...but have HELPED. It took patience and faith.
There are many books at the library about back pain...many interesting theories. Probably...a combination of factors involved.

Wishing you well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-13-2009), Bobbi (01-11-2010), jenniferowens (04-11-2009)
Old 01-02-2010, 10:04 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

My name is Rae and I have been seeing a neuro chiropractor for several months now and he is amazing. It is a miracle that I found him. I have an ABI and still suffer from balance, speech, left hand and eyesight issues. I had trouble sleeping. My balance is better, people notice my improved speech, I'm seeing a few extra degrees on my left side. I am fine in social situations now and I sleep like a baby. He has changed my life. Dr. Turner has been truly amazing. I hope everyone gets to experience this amazing form of therapy
raebabe05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, my name is carole and i live in queens and am suffering with lower back pain which is not being addressed with the dr.s , etc. That i have seen. I am interested in info about the neuro chiropractor your husband used in nyc. Can you help me?
garveyck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote