NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   OT: Kick Your Shoes Off (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/32195-ot-kick-shoes.html)

Curious 11-14-2007 06:17 PM

OT: Kick Your Shoes Off

here we go..a totally off or on topic thread. :D

any thanksgiving plans? favorite recipes to share?

any topics you want to carry over from other threads?

i know i want to give sue a :hug: and ask her how is bob?

melody, i got my eyelashes caught in eyelasher curler once. i should have known better than use one. i have thick curled lashes already. no one told to not have mascara on first. OUCH. they grew back pretty fast. i lost the corner ones.

billye, how did the meat turn out? i have layered cassolet recipe that uses different meat.

Silverlady 11-14-2007 09:35 PM

Wonderful thread!

We can all share! Thanks for this thread.

I haven't done the meat yet. I'm still navigating thru the camera pill thingy. Today also was a dental appt. Walking on the crutches is entirely exhausting and today was a dilly!

Hoping I can get the meat this week-end and try it all. I have one of those big clay pot casserole dishes that you put in the oven. I'm going to stack meat and vegetables in it, add a can of vegetable broth and some tomatoes and cook it all this weekend. This is something I think I can do. If I guide my husband thru it, I think he will be able to do it. I'll peel potatoes, an carrots to go in it with maybe some celery too. I can't add salt or spices, can't eat them, but the canned vegetable broth should do it for us. He likes plain things and I can't eat them so it balances out.

Sue, Please let us know aboutBob. I edited this because I just read about Bob. That's why this thread is so important. We can keep up with people. Hope you are managing all right. Hugs too.

love to all,
Billye:hug:

MelodyL 11-14-2007 10:50 PM

Billye:

Did you see my post to you (on the weight loss thread), about Meals on Wheels in Texas??

And to any of you who live in or near NYC, tomorrow night is the Neuropathy meeting at the CBS Building in NYC. I shall post about it when I get home. There will be a speaker there who will talk about physical therapy, and occupational therapy, and other information also.

Melody

dahlek 11-15-2007 12:54 AM

Since Neuropathy[ies]

The holiday has become a sort-of multi-day affair? Partly because the last two years I was either in a walker or a wheel chair...maybe. But, the PLANNING part has become more essential than when I was working 60+ hour weeks. I get/pick up bits of what I need days before. Last week the 'turkey' . I have frozen veggies in that huge freezer, but for the Holiday I like FRESH, with a stock of chicken broth and heaps of butter. I mean If one is going to OD on food, it should be absolutely hedonistic, NO? I have infusions Tuesday and Wednesday so, that leaves me Monday to SHOP, and start to cut and prep, put in baggies all the cut-up stuff to heat and cook on next Thursday. Not to mention Cranberries? Whole berry sauce...no frills, just heaps of concentrated Vit C [Mrs D? I am right in this?] to go with all the 'other stuffs'. I don't know about you all, but we never, ever make it to dessert! All that L-tryptophane is more than any soul could ask for, thanks! I have gotten very selfish over the years, I like the way I 'DO' it all, and I like the leftovers...I don't have to really cook for over a week afterwards...Really doing a turkey is nothing to be feared, and yes, I have had some cooking nightmares...maybe not told here, but.....Just avoid heavy lifting and pace yourself and you should come out 'whole'?

OK BILLYE? What all about this Camera PILL THINGIE???????? Yummy? - j

fanfaire 11-15-2007 01:53 AM

Keeping Thanksgiving low-key, if we do a formal gathering at all. This is my first Thanksgiving in Sioux Falls. My in-laws live here, but all my family is in Denver.

The reason we might not do a dinner at all is that my father-in-law just started treatments for stage 3 bladder cancer, and we don't know how well he's gonna feel. My mother-in-law is having complications from her recent knee replacement and is gonna have her hands full taking care of her hubby. And my hubby never figured out how to cook anything more complicated than scrambled eggs. :)

If my husband and I do end up staying home, I will probably have him buy a turkey breast and roast it in my rostisserie. I would likely make a crustless pumpkin pie sweetened with Splenda. Only other things would be some mashed potatoes, and maybe I'd allow myself a few bites of cranberry sauce....real simple, and not an excessive challenge for my digestion or glucose levels.

Simple can be quite tasty, actually. And very little "turkey burnout" after the holiday. :D

fanfaire
:cool:

darlindeb25 11-15-2007 06:14 AM

My family is all in Michigan and me on Long Island--there was a new man in my life, so I thought we might spend it together:(but, I think not. I'm too old to deal with a man with "Inconsiderate" as his middle name and I told him that up front, gonna lay it all on the line this time around! Ain't messin with me no more! So now, I don't know what I will do. The holdiays are hard when your family is so far away.

I usually visit them in early December, but this year, I have a new grandbaby coming in April, so I am delaying my vacation until then. I have to see a new baby.:hug:

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

HeyJoe 11-15-2007 10:29 AM

If you dont want to be alone on Thanksgiving maybe you could volunteer at some place that provides Thanksgiving dinners for the down and out.

MelodyL 11-15-2007 10:54 AM

HeyJoe:

Alan and I made that call last year. It was before Thanksgiving (a few weeks), I called around to the local Churches and asked 'are you giving out meals for Thanksgiving, do you need any help?" and I was told "oh, we are making gift baskets but we have enough people, thank you".

I was told that by everybody I called. So, because no one needed our help, we coudn't help. I mean, all you can do is make the attempt.

I think if we had called in Manhattan, and volunteered at a soup kitchen or something like that, maybe we might have had more luck, but honestly, because we don't drive and we use the Access-a-ride and on Thanksgiving day, forget about the Access-a-ride not making you wait for one hour, well, we are talking about waiting for the Access-a-ride, a two hour ride to NYC, and then back again. It's too hard on the knees when you have arthritits and with Alan's PN, sitting for long periods is impossible.

And now that he is all wrapped up with the foot ulcer, we aren't going anywhere either.

Oh well, and in my case, it's made even worse because since I was 24 years old, when my parents moved to another state, I have spent every single Thanksgiving day at my best friend's house (along with her 40 relatives).

Unfortunately, she proved NOT to be my best friend and we've not spoken (nor has any of her 40 family members even attempted to find a solution), in the past 2 years.

Very very hard, to spend 36 years at Thanksgiving (along with weekends and other holidays, with people you've know since you are 13, and have it all GO AWAY, in the blink of an eye.

But we adapt. We have to. We have learned that we only have each other and because I can make Alan laugh and he makes me laugh, well, I guess that's what we have to do. It's called making the best of a bad situation.

So to my fellow friends on these Boards, I know it's a bit early, but I do wish all of you a Happy Turkey Day. And if you are alone, please believe that you are not alone in these situations.

We have to continue to reach out and communicate through these forums.

Melody

P.S. I just read about Ernest Borgnine the other day. He looks exactly the same as he did when he played in McHale's Navy. He is now 90, married to Tova for 35 years and just made 2 more movies. One is coming out on tv during the Christmas Holidays. He says every morning upon awakening "Hey, I made it again".

I laughed my head off

Curious 11-15-2007 11:04 AM

you are so right melody, the members here aren't alone.

i have family, but i take some time on the holidays to log on here and go into the chatroom. i even rang in the new year with a member who was "alone".

Silverlady 11-15-2007 11:33 AM

Dahlek.. (camera pill day)

and all...the camera pill things was really something. I had to fast for two days, then they have me come in at 8:00 a.m. (I don't like being messed with at 8 am by anyone specially when I've had no food for two days, and no tea the morning I had to go.

They had me put on this black harness, sort of like the one that people wear with those big black belts when they have to lift something heavy. Then they put 7 electrodes all over the tummy and abdomen. Then they hook all these electrodes up to this big black harness. The harness also has a big box on it that is the recorder for the camera. This box is about 4 x4 in. and is about 2 in. thick. She turns on the recorder, checks all the buttons, then she unboxes the "pill camera". She pulls this thing out that looks like a finger sort of. She holds the top of this thing and pushes a button, and then puts this thing against a spot on the camera to syncronize them. Then she tells me to put it in my mouth and drink all the water I needed to swallow it. My husband said I said, "The WHOLE THING!!??" I knew there was no way I could swallow it. Then she said no, only the capsule. I then realized there was a capsule on the top of this finger thing....... It was blinking.........Do you have any idea how hard it is to put a capsule that is blinking in your mouth and swallow it??? My husband said I really looked at it for a few minutes, looked at the nurse, and then grabbed it really fast, swallowed with big gulps of water.

Then we had to wait until 4:00 in the afternoon and go back to have the harness taken off. So I'm wearing this big black harness, with three different colored blinking lights right on my belly, and my husband says, "Would you like to go somewhere else?" You gotta love men. :rolleyes:

I had to watch the blue blinking light all day. If it had stopped then it had a problem and we would have to start all over a different day.

Really not a difficult test. The question is:.........Is there a camera inside of my septic system photographing all the radioactive soup gobbling down bacteria or producing bacteria?. Or is that little stinker lurking in my bowel watching for the opportunity to grab on to some kink and stay there?

They said that if I had nausea, or cramps or such, to call and they'd xray me to see if it was stuck. I said what happens if it's stuck and the nurse told me, "I don't know, you'll have to ask the doctor." I'm hoping I'm one of those lucky ones who have a film industry in their septic tanks.:D

Sorry, I know this is long, but some people had asked how it went.

Billye

Silverlady 11-15-2007 11:38 AM

Melody...

I forgot to tell you in the last post. I inquired about Meals on Wheels. Seems we are too far out for Dallas and our little town isn't listed on the website. The local township sponsers something similar and my husband even volunteers once a week to deliver them. On the days he delivers, if there are any meals left over, we get them. So occasionally we get one or two of them. They are usually a ground meat patty with dark gravy, over cooked veggies and pretty unpalatible. But it is a meal I don't have to struggle with. But they won't deliver in the rural part of the town.

But I did find some interesting places I can order things from on the web site you posted. I'm checking them out. Thanks for posting.

Anyone heard anything about Bob and Shiney Sue?

Billye

daniella 11-15-2007 01:22 PM

Melody wil you email I think her name is Antonina she made the Mayo post. She was interested in the meeting. I told her you go and she lives in NY.
I'm so confused about Sue and who Bob is. I hope all is ok.
I have no clue on Thanksgiving. I'm out here in Ca but if my pain allows and unfortunatly I have had a relapse and my pain so high I may volunteer at the hospital. Its hard on the patients.I hate holidays I'm sorry to be a grinch. I always have even before pn. I count down till after New year.
Silverlady random ? and I know this may not be possible but have you thought of moving. It seems your so trapped out there and with your pain level it may be physically and mentally better to live near things. I may be in a dream land but an idea. Could you have a young person like a nursing student come in your home and maybe help cook? It may be more affordable someone trying to get some experience.
As for me like I said my pain is higher then its been. Its so random my ups and downs. I feel very frustrated and finding a good doc who will not push me off or just want to do a huge invasive procedure is like winning the lottery.
Sending thoughts to everyone.

Silverlady 11-15-2007 08:45 PM

To Daniella

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. It's just not fair. I say that to myself everyday. I just wish I knew how to help you.

We actually started thinking about moving. But we have been here for 25 or so years. So much accumulation. I started giving stuff away, donating it, throwing it away. But my body keeps giving out when I do that. Any real activity always seems to break or strain something. I'm just really fragile. And where would we move? We know this small town, been here all our lives and there would be no contact with anyone we know.

He's very introverted. Does volunteer things some, but has a hard time communicating with folks. He has NO best friend. only a few people he is in contact with thru his Kiwanis club. There is just no where that it is better. So we will stay here until our childeren put us somewhere. I grew up in this tiny town and my 81 year old father is here. I can't move. But thank you for thinking of us.

I just so wish I could help you. :hug:
Billye

MelodyL 11-15-2007 08:45 PM

Billye:

I had to ask!!!

What happens to the camera after it takes all the pictures.

You must have looked like a person out of Star Trek!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

Melody

MelodyL 11-15-2007 09:00 PM

Daniella (and everybody who knows about the neuropathy meeting in NYC).

Alan and I never got to go. I am so mad I could punch someone (I'm actually very gentle, NORMALLY, but really, this stinks).

Alan and I were to be picked up by Access-a-ride at 4:05 p.m. We were all ready, all spiffied up and Alan even had his shoe boot thingee shiny and all. I even got to put on something nice and my makeup, and well...we were all ready to go. Nobody showed up. We waited at the front door for one hour (I tried to get Access-a-ride on the phone) and I was on hold for 45 minutes.

When 5:05 rolled around, I looked at Alan and said "forget it, it's an hour now, we'll never make it). I finally got through to Access-a-ride on the phone, explained we were cancelling because the guy never showed up. She then proceeds to ask me 'do you want to cancel your return trip too??" I said 'obviously, since I can't get there" (ooh, punch time).

So we walked around the corner, came back with some steamed chinese food stuff, and would you believe at 5:35 p.m., my doorbell rings and the Access-a-ride guy is there!!!!

I looked at him and said "I beg your pardon but do you know you are 90 minutes late, and I called and cancelled"?? He goes "nobody told me, don't you want to go to NYC??" I said "I'd love it, IF YOU CAME WHEN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO COME".

I then politely closed the door, went back in and ate my chinese food.

I sent my regrets vie email to everybody I knew at the meeting.

Tomorrow I shall call up Access-A Ride headquarters, and I shall draw and quarter them.

jeez...

Mel

Silverlady 11-15-2007 09:12 PM

Gee Whizz!!

I'm so sorry you didn't get to go Melody, that just su*ks bigtime. I would not have been a happy camper with the company that caused you to miss the meeting.

As for the camera ? you really don't want the answer to this one.

Billye

MelodyL 11-15-2007 09:20 PM

Well, I WILL make you laugh.

This morning, my birthday present from my husband's family arrived. It was a package with products from Bath and Body Works. My absolute favorite fragrance from that store is Japanese Cherry Blossom.

Well, we were getting ready to go to the front door and wait for the Access-a-ride, when I thought to myself, "why not make a video of Alan's absolute initial reaction when I spritz myself with this fragrance".

So I sat Alan down, and told him "I'm spritzing myself with a new fragrance, and I want your honest reaction".

Well,.............I just uploaded it to youtube. I hope I did it right.

If it takes, I'll come back and post the link.

I got hysterical.

You'll see.

Melody

P.S.. guess what?? I can't upload a video to youtube. I have no idea why. I know how to make them, I know how to upload them, but for some reason, it's all about file transfers and file converting. Way over my head. Oh well, it was a thought.

daniella 11-15-2007 10:06 PM

Thanks for your support always. I feel so bad for everyone here too. You guys show me how important it is to fight and cope in the best way possible.I have made progress but then I get hit by the bad days. I'm thankful though at the progress I have made just hope it never goes back to the way it was and oneday I'm fixed.Each night I go to bed I hope the next morning it disappears and never comes back. Then no more docs,tests,worries,or pain. Ok now back to reality.
Silverlady I understand how hard it would be. I just wish you had more access and help. Is there anyone near though like I said a college kid to help? I understand too on the thought of moving as I'm just recovering from moving to ca and unfortunatly once here had to move 2 more times. Talk about being tired and in pain.
Melody I'm sorry you missed it. That is annoying but at least you got a present. When ever you talk about your husband I get a mental picture of what a cute couple you guys are. I'm sure I'm off base but everyone on here I have images of in my mind. I feel like were family.

MelodyL 11-15-2007 10:57 PM

Daniella:

Here's my hubby

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ansmuscle2.jpg

He hasn't been to the gym in a while because of the foot ulcer, but just you wait, he'll go back there and act like Rocky once more!!! lol

shiney sue 11-15-2007 11:36 PM

Hi

I'm tired,Bob is still in ICU,and my son slept a little today is will stay with him tonight...He will be taken to Barnes Hopital in St, Louis Tommorow..Ryan
my son will be with him...Dr.John my friend felt there is a Dr. there,that
should be able to give better care...Bob is not happy about this,but my
oldest brother,Steve lives in Granite City,IL just across the Bridge that seperates,IL,and Mo. Bob loves Steve and his wife Mary...They will be waiting for him...Ryan called his job at the Hospital,and they agreed to
let him stay until after Thanksgiving. The health food store is owned by his wife and Ryan so no problem there. .Dr.
Amy my daughter-in-law will be there on Thanksgiving,now Bob has perked up..Amy is a Psychiatrist so i'm sure we will need her then...Bob's deceased wife has some sisters still living there so help we, have.,I'm far to tired to explain the medical problem,so for now we are all well.

Now no comments,but I am moving in with Dr. John, because he have 2 bedrooms on the first floor of his house, and a housekeeper,so nobody has to worry about me taking a header down the stares...But I did fall alsleep and hit my head on the computer .ouch. My brother from Mi. will fly in next week,
he is the 1 that was very upset,Mama didn't leave Bob to him..Ha
Danilla my mom left me Bob,he was her childhood friend... And he is has been a angel to me..He will be 79 Dec. 3,had has 6 girlfriends in there 60's.

I was with him most of the day,oh my tubes everywhere he will make it he must.. So on Thanksgiving we will all be in St Louis,It will be good to be with
my brothers,it's been a while since i'm seen the oldest...

My Drs. all know trouble,that's what they call Bob,not to happy about me going,but my Neuro the Barnes one is there so phooey...Mel the salvation Army always picked me up when we volunteered on Turkey day or Tofu day
for most of my Children. My youngest will have to stay home,new Children,
My Son has a big family,in Mn,so it's important for his wife,Bob wrote on a text for him and my Daughter,who has a 6 month old and lives in Portland
with her husband...So that's that...So far so good.

Darlindadeb, Danilla,and I lived in Michigan as,well I grew up in Grosse Point
and St. Clair Shores...Mrs.D does as well. and Cindy on the MS forum.....
I will be checking on you all but I have to sleep soon...Thanks to all for your
prayers thought PM's..I can't tell you how great and wonderful it is to
have a cyber space family...And this is a good forum...The taxes on the house
went up,They guy who did a great job on my roof is now trying tto hit me up
for more money...Yada Yada...And good grief why did I say I would stay
at Dr. John's house,well it's 2 blocks away,I could always sneak home,i'm a
old lady Mel,J, all the rest help!!!!!Hugs to all and my legs hurt, I love you
Sue Cathie we just have to get that Commue..heh heh..

shiney sue 11-16-2007 02:01 PM

Well

After all of the above I got up forgot,Sue can't feel her feet,down I went
right on my face..Reading glasses broke,nose broke,forehead very black
and Blue..Yes to many e-rays....Can you hear me with this ice pack,oh forgot
where I am....

We decided to tell Bob the girls needed to see him on his ride to Heliacopter.
No need to upset him,but belive me all the girls know each other now.
Well honest,PN and other problems can be dangerous,as well as painfull,
walker there,mind not..More later everything is a blur...Bob will do well,
he must. Hugs to all.

MelodyL 11-16-2007 03:00 PM

Oh my god, you broke your nose??

You poor thing.

I certainly hope you get better soon.

I couldnt believe what I read.

Melody

MelodyL 11-16-2007 03:43 PM

You'll all laugh at me and Alan

I finally learned how to upload a video to google.

I recently received a nice birthday gift from my in-laws

I wanted to get Alan's honest reaction as I spritzed myself. I never laughed so hard.

here we go.............

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18083041875250

Curious 11-16-2007 03:50 PM

:D:D:D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
i'm gonna put that stuff on my christmas list!!!!

:hug: thank you so much for sharing this melody.

shiney sue 11-16-2007 04:04 PM

Yep

Holy cow,Mel what a great laugh,and you both made me laugh,good
thing i have stuff up my nose....You both look great... Sue

mrsD 11-16-2007 04:14 PM

I suppose there was

HONEY in it? LOLOL

Very funny!

Silverlady 11-16-2007 08:20 PM

Saw it!

Melody! You two are so cute. I loved your laugh!

Billye

Silverlady 11-16-2007 08:21 PM

To Sue

Sue,
I really think you should stay with Dr. John until Bob gets home. I'm so afraid you'll fall and no one will know you are hurt.

Billye

dahlek 11-16-2007 08:24 PM

Goodness Sue!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have more than a whole lot going on!?
Just promise me, PROMISE, that you will not ask what else can go wrong? If you do ask the question, something would happen.
I just hate it when you have PN and you have to ICE some part of you.....I do the minimal until the 48 hours has passed and can use warm compresses.
I hope things heal quickly and that you are up, around and making the world know you are here!
Hugs and all that :hug: - j

Also super thoughts to all.

shiney sue 11-16-2007 09:34 PM

Well

I am ,and that fall is not pretty well the face part..Billye i am staying with Dr.
John ,now and according to his housekeeper,6 baths..My son said Bob made his trip,looks a bit perky...Wish I was ,wellJ. this to shall past,no more
nose dives going to look like goofy M. Jackson..John housekeeper lives in and cooks,but not hungry...

For you who live by a hospital or fairly near one,check with a nurse who teaches,a social worker. There are many students who will live in for room
and board...As with anyone do a check,I talked to2 a few years back,
one was paying rent and sleeping under the dining room table..The other
could not stand the nursing quarters to loud,so on. They are usually 2nd yr or
more...Well I hope that helps. Boy Mel you make me laugh and more ice, I
love it..Ryan told me to make a folder for Bob I will,cyber cards and funny vidios are coming in...Hugs to al Sue

dahlek 11-16-2007 10:08 PM

Gee, in a way you're lucky?

That when you fell, you've got well, 'something to show for it all'! My first fall, hit the back of my head and other than pumpkin sized feet/ankles...and a serious 'hobble' nothing OBVIOUS. Last fall, it was the knee. Wearing shorts around here when it's freezing is not ideal, especially w/PN. But, I refused to miss my neuro's appt [cancelled 6 other year end appointments..] well, you should have seen his face when I rolled/hobbled in! Close to priceless? I think he would have caught flies had it not been winter? Jaw down, speechless-he, I just said: Fell, in house...fractures two. Rest for 2+ months, according to the ortho-then we just got down to neuro business.

At least it wasn't a 'what'd ya do now?' or something like 'neuropathy acting up?' With those comments I mite have become a violent person. My neuro is tactful...Thank goodness! More hugs and pain-free thoughts - j

PS I gotta just bet that he had all he could do not to burst out laughing until after I left! I do wonder about that.

shiney sue 11-16-2007 10:20 PM

Ha

Good thing Dr. John is handsome and has 6 baths ,,that he can hide in while
laughing,you know I've never thought to wonder upstairs...Well for now
noooo.... :eek::eek: stairs boy all those stairs... Sue

Yorkiemom 11-17-2007 12:20 AM

Hmmm...

First notification of pending date (seems hardly any time has lapsed) advising us that Dr. John and Sue were going waterskiing on their first date.... A month ago, maybe two???

Then this: "Now no comments, but I am moving in with Dr. John" -like the total innocent babe...

and finally: "Dr. John is handsome and has 6 baths."

Surely she didn't think we would let this totally slide by unnoticed... :)

Heh heh heh... You have to watch out for these nurses...
That's our Sue...

Cathie

MelodyL 11-17-2007 08:39 AM

Who on this planet has 6 bathrooms?? Other than Donald Trump.

I'd like to meet this person??

I'd like to move in myself with this person!!!! lol

6 Baths???

my goodness

mel

daniella 11-17-2007 01:20 PM

Melody that was a cute video and your husband is not what I thought he would like. You guys look so young.
Sue ok now I understand. Now is Dr John the dr you were dating?Now your moving in? What about your home? Who did you live with?Its good with 6 baths he has a housekeeper. I always said if I was rich I would have a huge bathroom like my gramps. Its a huge jacuzzi tub with a television. His bathroom is huge. I could live in there.
I agree about young college people helping out. Even if you don't want them to live with you. Many would love the experience and work cheap.
Gosh I'm sorry about all the falls. Its my fear every day. Even when I trip I freak out. My neuro when I said my legs feel like they will give out from the pain sometimes she sys it won't it just feels like it. I still am skeptical.
Have a good day

Curious 11-17-2007 01:24 PM

:D looks like we are getting a pile of shoes in here. :wink: next we need a comfy couch.

i'm glad y'all like an OT thread. :grouphug:

Silverlady 11-17-2007 05:08 PM

Curious

Curious,
I love this thread. I can keep up with everyone and....I don't feel guilty when I'm posting something that diverts a thread to me. Honestly..I needed a whole thread about me and so did Sue and ..so did Melody.

Mrs. D...where are your cats?....:D

Billye

mrsD 11-17-2007 06:08 PM

cats....you want cats?

They are busy with food demands....gimme gimme all day long.

Can't go outside anymore, too cold. gimme gimme.

I am doing Ebay still... buying supplies for some hobbies.

I just got 11 lbs of semi-precious stones (tumbled and nicely shined up)
to make some things out of. ( long story...too long for now).

When I get one done, I'll photograph it.
Here is a hint.... I have a "collection" of natural items over my computer.
One of them---behind the little framed fossil--- is a "rock ball" I bought at a mineral specimen store several years ago. I am going to make some like that, out the the stones I just got from Ebay. Say a rose quartz one, and jade one.
We'll see what comes of this project!

See if you can make out the items on the shelf. Sort of like a "puzzle".
I'll come back tomorrow and see how good you are at identifying rocks! LOL

MelodyL 11-17-2007 06:15 PM

Why don't some of you "shy" people, get on your webcams (that is, if you indeed do have webcams), and make a video (like Alan and I did.

That way, we can make each other laugh!!!

mel

dahlek 11-17-2007 06:25 PM

Gee Wish Mrs D?!!!

IF you'd asked me about them say 5 years ago, I probably coulda nailed them all! Now, must be all the different meds for all the differerent things, the brain KNOWS but the translation to the rest of the world is plain old mush-ness!

Curious? Can we call them more like 'SLIPPERS?' After all, you should grasp by now how vehemently we all feel about them thar SHOES? After all, many of us have-to wear slippers for most non-shoe life.

Cathie and Mel? About Sue? If you go into the waaay-back machine, her intro said, that you probably know me from elsewhere, but I'm going to be different 'here'. Well, Duh? Sue is super at inserting heaps of very obtuse humor here, BUT, the one thing I do not doubt rite now is that she has been hurting, and badly, in many ways now. So what if it is hard to follow at times, some of us in our own pain can be so as well.

As for Sue? I only gotta ask: How many of those multiple bathrooms are 'accessable'????? Falling in a 'docs' house while 'bathing' could create all sorts of unwarranted rumors? Ask others here - falls are not considered a fun experience! Hugs to all - j