NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   It Ticks Me Off..... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/81033-ticks.html)

Curious 03-12-2009 04:20 PM

It Ticks Me Off.....

That Barb got bad customer service! :mad:

(I'm not too ticked off today..I just babysat Lynleigh for 3 hours :D)

Who's next?

Alffe 03-12-2009 04:25 PM

It ticks me off that we woke up to snow this morning, granted it was just a light dusting but the wind was howling and well....:mad:

mistiis 03-12-2009 08:20 PM

I wannnnaaaa be next...me me me pleassseeeeee!!!! I love little babies, and my new great niece is all the way in Missouri.....:o

Koala77 03-12-2009 08:33 PM

I'm ticked off that it took a "father and son" talk for us to get see our Will after nearly a month, and even then he was asleep for the whole visit!

D-I-L doesn't drive so she walks everywhere. Her grandmother lives
a few minutes walk from our house, and even though she takes our DGS to see her Gran, she never calls in. That hurts! We've never fallen out. Never had words, but DIL spends several days a week at her own mother's home, but when we invite her... there's always a reason why she can't here.

DH went and spoke to his son a few days ago. The words were gentle on both sides, so now we can only hope that the message gets through.

Neither DH or I could drive much in the past few months, hubby because he had both his knees replaced and hasn't driven since November, and me because I have an extremely painful bursitis of one hip, and have had for over 2 months.

We miss our grandson. They live around 3 minutes by car from our house. :(

That's my gripe for today.

Abbie 03-12-2009 11:04 PM

It ticks me off....

Now that I have health insurance....
I can't find any doctors around here that will accept it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't win for losing....:(

Alffe 03-14-2009 11:24 AM

This really ticks me off...

And offends me!:mad: I'm a believer..whatever that means but watching this thing I felt threatened, judged, felt that it implied that the shortest distance to hell was thru suicide.

This is not the God I love and trust...and why do I feel the need to use the trigger icon when it's the bible being quoted!!! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrgYnvkzVLA

who moi 03-14-2009 01:13 PM

it ticks me off about the cruelty of some people.

I have been reading some other message boards where innocent people gets attacked because they're guilt by ASSOCIATION or RELATION.

on top of that, some of them even throw death threats innudendos out there and some of these boards allow that?? My mind boggles...and I want to shout at the screen and those mean nasty people...

~~~~~~~~~~

it ticks me off that Rhianna has gone back to Chris Brown. Yes, I know he grew up seeing his mom being abused and needs a lot of help and I hope he does.

But two days after he beats up his girlfriend and then playing basketball and saying that he HAS been helped is NOT enough for her to go back to him....

I am glad Oprah talked about it...

*sigh....

BlueMajo 03-14-2009 10:25 PM

Uff... Ungrateful people.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, Im gonna say my mantra "I forgive you and let you go...." :D

BlueMajo 03-20-2009 02:08 PM

People who steal things !!!!

Oh my God... I arrive today to my desk and voila ! I see something missing.... IT even had my name on it !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I cant believe it !!!!

I mean, why ? all of them are doing their PhDs, their masters.... I would imagine they are mature enough.... :rolleyes:

Argh, had a bad time this morning.... Still feeling upset.

Alffe 03-20-2009 03:15 PM

Well it ticks me off for all of you...Abbies insurance, Koala's inability to spend time with that darling boy, Mistiis being too far away from that new baby, moi spending time at other message boards, :D and people stealing BlueMajo's things.

It ticks me off that I'm not very good with the gel pencil...I didn't expect it to be gel...:rolleyes: but I'm not at all ticked of at Curious for recommending it.

Y'all want some potatoe salad...since it's the first day of spring I just had to make some. *grin

mistiis 03-20-2009 07:16 PM

Oh, potato salad???? One of my very favorites :) :o
*can you hear me drooling....:p

BlueMajo 03-20-2009 09:04 PM

Uff... today was a horrendous day for me... so, I completely forgot spring is here !!!! (with my allergies ! :mad: )

Flowers !!!!
Salads !!!
Fruits !!!!
Yeah ! :D

Abbie 03-23-2009 12:58 PM

That we have nice beautiful warm days and now the weatherman is calling for SNOW this weekend...:eek::thud:

Guess we'll have to cover the tulips and day lilly's that are growing... :rolleyes:

Alffe 03-23-2009 02:26 PM

Say it isn't so
Say it isn't snow :eek:

Doody 04-02-2009 03:15 PM

It TICKS me off that I shouldn't post about puppy mill busts but .... EXPLETIVES GALORE.... frippin home in Chicago and also frippin Petland!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!

snoozie 04-03-2009 12:16 PM

Puppy mills tick me off too!!!

I am reading a book called A Rare Breed of Love, it is about a dog rescued from a puppy mill and now goes around the country fighting against them...well with her new "mom" of course.:p ...Sue

Alffe 04-03-2009 03:28 PM

(((Doody))) I left you a yahoo message about this...wanna talk about it?

(((sue))) Sounds like an uplifting book and a very sad subject.

mistiis 04-03-2009 04:56 PM

I'm ticked off that I don't feel like being ticked off :(

Alffe 04-03-2009 05:30 PM

(((Mistiis))) breathe....swim...look up..we are reaching down. :grouphug:

Abbie 04-04-2009 06:32 PM

I just went outside to move my car for my brother... came back in and slammed my fingers in the storm door.....:eek:

instant rsd flair of whole arm....:mad:

Alffe 04-04-2009 08:58 PM

Oh dear Abbie, you really needed that on top of everything else! :hug:

I'm so sorry,

mistiis 04-04-2009 10:12 PM

It ticks me off that dh thinks I don't have rights :confused:

Lara 04-05-2009 05:48 AM

It ticks me off that Abbie hurt her arm again!!! I had just sent her a message asking if it was ok after her other problems with the blood tests and the tetanus injection. :eek:

It ticks me off that I couldn't understand Doody's message so I came here a dozen times to read it again and I still couldn't understand it.

It ticks me off that despite Doody's message sounding so terrible and worrying, that I just couldn't reply despite trying many times. :hug:

It ticks me off that I did the same with Mistiis' message. It's difficult to know sometimes what to say. I thought of a couple of dozen things, but they weren't very polite, so I figure I would just suggest singing

"R E S P E C T" to your dh. :o

I'm sorta ticked off waiting for the third thing to happen at my home. Bad things happen in 3's for me. Everything happens in 3's actually. I was without my car for a few weeks because I loaned it to my daughter because her own car broke down and the mechanics had difficulty fixing it. Then I got it home :D for 1 day and I loaned it to my neighbour because it's been flooding here and my neighbour was walking off with an umbrella in torrential rain to pick up the daughter from school, so I said "no way, take my car". :o

Next morning I went to get out to do my usual bills and food supplies and things and the car wouldn't move. The disc brake had seized on the right rear wheel. So I had 3 wheels moving and one standing still. Guess what happened? lol

I am ticked off that I did a wheelie in the neighbourhood cul-de-sac, but heck... it was out of my control. :)

I'm ticked off that today I went to wash clothes because I use a clothesline and there's been no sun for a very long time here due to the flooding. Heck, what happened... there must be a broken belt or something because the darn thing won't wash. :D What do I do now? I wash and wring by hand again. <sigh>

Oh yeah, I forgot. I had a toothache about a week or two ago and I was so thankful it all cleared but the day before yesterday it decided to turn into an abcess and half my face swelled up and I thought I was going to die from septicaemia during the night. True. It's much better today though :)

Alffe 04-05-2009 06:46 AM

It ticks me off that Lara has had too many annoying things on her plate...and why do they seem to come in 3's..:confused:

It ticks me off that I understood Mistiis post all too well...Grrrrr..why do some men think they are entitled to it all...just because they are men...:mad:

It ticks me off that Slumdog Millionaire would win anything at all...what a heartbreaking movie...we couldn't finish watching it....:(

It ticks me off that our little dafodiles will be under snow by days end...

Doody 04-05-2009 03:06 PM

It ticks me off that people in here are hurting.

But, I was summoned to come in and explain myself, LOL!

There was a bust in Chicago. I would have given the link, but didn't want to upset anyone. It's just another infuriating situation where people were breeding dogs and keeping them in filth in a house. They were crammed into bird cages and closed closets with no food or water. May of them were dead. The person is charge with animal cruelty but they won't do diddly to that person. They'll get off with a slap on the wrist and probably community service. Whoopee.

Here's the link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29865929/

Same thing with another discovery this week which also ticked me off. A couple who were 'saving' myriads of animals had them in cages and all over their house. They couldn't afford their mortgage and ran off leaving all the animals there to die and many of them did. They also are getting a slap on the wrist and some community service.

And it ticks me off that Petland continues to lie. People just don't understand that these sick puppies they sell are coming from horrible, horrible mass breeders.

It just TICKS ME OFF@!!!!!

I bet that most of you don't know that Ms. (((GmaSue))) is very actively involved in animal rights. I can hardly wait to meet her.

I'm also ticked that I keep finding things that are just destroyed from Bruna peeing on them. Big sigh.

Doody 04-05-2009 03:10 PM

Oh (((Snoozie)))!!!! Yes, Rare Breed of Love is written by Jana Kohl. Heh, she's one of my friends on MySpace. She's an amazing woman.

Check this out. A Rare Breed of Love

And this is Jana. On this page, check out the videos at the bottom. Please listen to Charlize Theron's video. This is what my Bruna went through and it TICKS ME OFF! Charlize Theron and her best friend and her mom (and a few others she knows) all adopted from Hearts United for Animals (where my Bruna is from). They support HUA. GmaSue has also adopted from HUA.

Lara 04-06-2009 01:05 AM

Thanks for explaining, Doody.
I figured it must have been something shocking like that.
:hug:

Alffe 04-06-2009 06:27 AM

Yes thank you doody...you mind so well! *grin
Would you consider caging Bruna while you are at work (don't shout at me..I know his history) but I thought maybe he could learn to "wait" until mama gets home to walk him now that he understands about love, and having a home. *you're shouting at me aren't you.....

Curious 04-06-2009 07:23 AM

Not a cage, but what about an old playpen? It would give her more room. Maybe just on days she won't go tinkle outside before you leave for work?

Would she weat those doggie diapers..for female times of the month?

:hug:

Doody 04-06-2009 09:57 AM

Well it ticks me off that I've wasted money on a couple doggie diaper buys, LOL. I don't think they have dachsunds in mind when they make those. I've looked on the internet for some specifically for dachsunds but haven't bought any.

No Ms. Alffe, you are perfectly right! I've had several people tell me it's the way to go. I do have a 'playpen', it's so huge. Takes up my entire kitchen and it's not that easy to put up and down. But yes, I need to do this! :hug:

As Mrs. D and many others say, you have to be the alpha in the relationship and I think I'm not so good at that. Heh.

Curious 04-06-2009 10:02 AM

Doody, she might realize that she only goes in there when she doesn't go.

You need to toughen up. Look her in the eye. Be the boss. Then give her a treat. :D

BlueMajo 04-07-2009 04:56 PM

It ticks me off that Im feeling blue again... darn feeling...

Lara 04-21-2009 06:15 AM

I can't say what ticks me off really, but all I can say is

arrrrrgggggggg

How naive do some people think we really are... sheesh

:)

ok, all happy again. Nite Nite.

P.S. I was watching this show about bottled water the other night on the tellie and they mentioned EVIAN water.... guess what EVIAN spells backwards?

Lara 04-21-2009 07:32 AM

I am a VERY unhappy camper and I feel I have no one with whom I can discuss this matter that's worrying me so much.

I'm thinking of going walkabout again

permanently.

I am so disillusioned. :(

Alffe 04-21-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 499114)
I am a VERY unhappy camper and I feel I have no one with whom I can discuss this matter that's worrying me so much.

I'm thinking of going walkabout again

permanently.

I am so disillusioned. :(

Pm me dear lady....please!!

BlueMajo 04-21-2009 11:07 AM

Im so ******.... :mad:

My culture of cells died today and needed them for tomorrow.... :mad:

and I have no clue why.... hopefully it wasnt a mate introducing her finger in my sterile culture... :mad::mad::mad:

Im in big trouble....

Alffe 04-21-2009 12:16 PM

I'm sorry Blue...looks like this will be a real lesson. :hug: Can you begin again?

FeelinGoofy 04-22-2009 07:47 AM

I'm sorry blue.... that stinks big time....how long does it take to grow a new culture? :hug:

BlueMajo 04-22-2009 08:08 AM

Alffe !! :hug:

Goofy !! :hug:

You know, it will take like 72 hours to have enough cells again.... :mad:

And the worst thing is that I dont know the reason ! :(

BlueMajo 04-26-2009 04:02 PM

It ticks me off that my city has an epidemy of this weird swine flu and everything is closed... I waited 3 years to go and see a concert of my favourite band and, it was cancelled !!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

And, it also ticks me off, that, one member of the band said something like 2Oh yes, whataver, we are going to play in another city tomorrow...." :eek:

whatever !? whatever !? jerk