NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   It's My Turn At The Vet's Office Today (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/132717-vets-office.html)

Kitty 09-16-2010 07:09 AM

It's My Turn At The Vet's Office Today

Well, everyone else has had their cat or dog to the vet recently.......only fair that I should have a turn, too. :rolleyes:

Poor Tigger felt terrible yesterday....I could tell. He just wasn't himself. He kept trying to go poopy (sorry.....TMI, I know) and couldn't. He'd want to eat but then would lose whatever he ate soon afterwards.

I have a 9:30 AM appointment this morning with the doctor that's affectionately known as "The Cat Whisperer". :D She loves cats and seems to remember each and every cat she treats. Tigger does not like going to the vet so I'm sure he won't care one way or the other if she remembers him or not.

I wish my cats had Medicare like I do now. I'll have to transfer some funds from my EAF (Emergency Animal Fund) so I can pay for his treatment.

I'm probably jumping the gun by taking him in today but cats can become so sick so quickly that I don't want to chance it. He's my baby. :o Please say a prayer for him.

soxmom 09-16-2010 09:05 AM

Awww, poor Tigger. I hope he is feeling more like himself very soon,.:hug:

Dejibo 09-16-2010 09:41 AM

jack sends kitty hugs. feel better tigger. :hug:

Kitty 09-16-2010 09:53 AM

We're home.....and I'm exhausted. Tigger seems to be doing okay. They did some blood work and gave him sub-q fluids in case he had gotten dehydrated. She said I should just keep an eye on him and sprinkle Metamucil on his food for extra fiber. Oh, and give him 1/4 of a 10mg Pepcid to help his tummy. I had already done that yesterday but it didn't seem to be helping.

I'm $154 poorer but it's well worth it to keep my baby healthy. He ate and is taking a bath in the sun now. Gracie saw the cat carrier so I probably won't see her for a couple of days! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the well wishes. :)

tkrik 09-16-2010 10:34 AM

Glad Tigger is doing better today. I hope he continues to get better.:hug:

SallyC 09-16-2010 01:00 PM

((((Tigger)))), I'll send you some of what Pal's eating, 'cause he aint got no problems in the poop dept.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Kitty 09-16-2010 01:53 PM

We took a nap....I was so tired when we got home. I was up and down last night because he was so restless.

He seems to feel better. I think the trip to the vet wiped him out because he's already asleep again! He sleeps alot anyway, though.

I tried the Metamucil sprinkled on his food (darn stuff was $11 a container :mad:) and he wouldn't touch it! :rolleyes: Oh well, guess if I ever need to take it I'm all set.

tkrik 09-16-2010 01:58 PM

Maybe you could put a little on some tuna. We did that with our cat when she had to take medicine. It worked great.

Glad you got some rest so you can take care of him as well as the other 2.:hug:

Dejibo 09-16-2010 04:38 PM

benefiber is odorless and tasteless too. not sure if that would help.

mrsD 09-16-2010 04:50 PM

Sheba had a blockage once years ago...and the Vet had us use the tubes with the mineral oil/ malt mix. One brand is called PetroMalt...but there are others. Sheba was so sick she was in a semi coma and we could not rouse her.

I'd worry about fiber, should be getting that already in the dry food. All quality dry foods put it in now. Too much fiber + dehydration and impaction occurs.

Doody's cat was stealing dental floss out of the trash and he got an impaction from a ball of it in his bowel! She posted about it about a year ago. Search "Chewie", on the Pet forum.

I hope this is a simple episode for your kitty!