NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   The Simple Chores & MS Fatigue, (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/116136-simple-chores-ms-fatigue.html)

SallyC 03-06-2010 01:41 PM

The Simple Chores & MS Fatigue,

I woke up with a burr on my butt and got moving fast. :D 1st I visited the potty, then I damp Swiffered the floors in the bath room and hall, got everything prepared for my shower/bath, transferred to showerchair, oil of olay bodywashed myownself, washed and rinsed my hair, dryed off, put on clean robe, transferred, gingerly to the scooter, without falling, fixed my hair, put on a dash of makeup and scooted to the kitchen, where I fixed some lunch for the pup and me, scooted to the living room, transfered to the sofa and flopped. :thud:

Why can't I just jump up and do these little everyday things things without needing a two week vacation, afterward?:mad:

You'd thought I just ran the 50 mile marathon, with no shoes. :eek: That's why I only do this ritual once per week, instead of every day. The rest of the week I just wash the stinky parts and dust off. :rolleyes: :p

Did I mention that I hate this Disease?

Rant Over.... Next....

Twinkletoes 03-06-2010 01:57 PM

Awww, that stinks, Sal.

Er, uh, or not -- you did say you keep the stinky parts washed off. ;)

I'm sorry, my friend, that you have to pay such a high price just to do what others take for granted. :hug::hug::hug:

Dejibo 03-06-2010 03:30 PM

I have company, so I am really struggling to keep up to the normal duties that go with that. I want a nap!

Debbie D 03-06-2010 03:40 PM

That's the part of this disease that stinks the most, don't you agree? We all want to function as normally as possible, but it's such a project just to do the basic things...we definitely become experts at prioritizing our time...
at least you're all flowery-smelling, Sal!!:D:hug:

legzzalot 03-06-2010 03:48 PM

and I sit here almost 4 in the afternoon, still in my pj's because I just don't have the energy to go get the day started.... LOL I feel ya!

Blessings2You 03-06-2010 07:40 PM

8:00 a.m. - work 25 minutes, rest 5 minutes

Noon - work 15 minutes, rest 15 minutes

3:00 p.m. - work 5 minutes, rest 25 minutes

5:00 p.m. - circling the drain

Dejibo 03-06-2010 07:48 PM

company left. Im so pooped! I love these folks, but pleeeeze! I just need to lay down now. :o

sabimax 03-06-2010 08:46 PM

undx, work on feet for 8 hours, then at home die, just out of it.. mentally and physically for family... which it sucks! Do not enjoy enough of life ... always resting up for fricking work again... ok my rant over too... hugsss hun, sarah

FinLady 03-07-2010 10:22 AM

:hug::hug: all around. Totally understand. Some days it's a struggle just to get ready. Brushing my hair and picking out clothes can tire me out. :eek: The fatigue is by far the one symptom I could do without, but I manage as best I can.

barb02 03-07-2010 10:27 AM

I manage to get up, get ready, and go to school. But once I get home, I spend about two hours in bed contemplating the ceiling. This morning I decided I wanted to clean out my clothes closet. I have made it through 1/2 of one closet, and have already taken two breaks.