NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Just let me ***** about this then i'll feel better... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/68689-ill-feel.html)

braingonebad 01-07-2009 02:36 PM

Just let me ***** about this then i'll feel better...

Anybody else flare in the winter? Man, I hate the cold.

I've had 3 falls, serious Cedar Point vertigo, right leg is burning, 3 points up on the pain chart and I think my hearing is affected.

One fall, I was cleaning off the cutting board into the trash, wiped out board, knife and all. Luckily I only got a little cut from that chef's knife. It's sharp enough it could have taken my finger off.

Okay at least the fatigue is not too bad. But the stinkin' burning. I could do without that.

As the Ramones song said, it feels like somebody put something in my drink. And not something good, either.

Dh's workplace is about to lay off a whole lot of people, and he's going to be one of them. It could be a long time before he gets called back. So I'll be without ins. If that wasn't going on, I'd call the neuro. It's been 4.5 yrs since my last brain mri, but it'll have to wait.

Okay enough whining. I do feel better.

:o

It'll be okay, really. I have emergency margaritas in the freezer.

SallyC 01-07-2009 02:55 PM

((((((((((Brain)))))))))))

Hit those Margaritas, Honey!!:hug:

Kitty 01-07-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braingonebad (Post 440486)
Dh's workplace is about to lay off a whole lot of people, and he's going to be one of them. It could be a long time before he gets called back. So I'll be without ins. If that wasn't going on, I'd call the neuro. It's been 4.5 yrs since my last brain mri, but it'll have to wait.

Okay enough whining. I do feel better.

:o

It'll be okay, really. I have emergency margaritas in the freezer.

Be careful!! I flare more in the heat so the summer is my enemy. I love the cooler weather.

I'm without insurance myself now.....first time in many, many years. It's not a good feeling but what are ya gonna do? I'll have Medicare in 2010 but I know nothing about it or how much it covers. Guess I need to study up on that.

Thanks for reminding me......I have frozen cranberry margaritas in the freezer, too, and had forgotten about them till you reminded me!!

Take it easy BGB.....we don't want you gettin' hurt. :hug:

SallyC 01-07-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 440494)

Thanks for reminding me......I have frozen cranberry margaritas in the freezer, too, and had forgotten about them till you reminded me!!

A Bad drink that's good for you....I like that.:cool:

ewizabeth 01-07-2009 03:37 PM

I hear ya Brain, I seem to do worse in the winter too! Be careful with those sharp knives and walk extra slowly and carefully if you can. Most of my falls have happened in the winter. Broke my foot once in a seemingly wimpy fall. :rolleyes:

Just remember you have to keep yourself safe and in one piece to get that spring gardening done. :) :hug:

On Christmas day I burned my forearm on the oven when I was basting the turkey. DS wouldn't let me handle anything from the oven from that point on.

MSCherokee 01-07-2009 04:39 PM

Aw Brain, ***** away, you have every right. :hug: The unemployment rate in our state is just awful. I hate reading the newspaper anymore because all gloom and doom about layoffs and closings.

For whatever reason my MS symptoms seem to act up more in the fall and winter. Just had an episode with my eyes last weekend reminiscent of my initial exacerbation. Thank goodness it only lasted for a few minutes.

Please take it easy and no more falls!

Oh, and about those margaritas, as AC/DC would say, "Have a Drink on Me"!

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-07-2009 07:14 PM

Geez Brain, let's have a margarita party! I'll pour!

Maybe you should get that MRI before he gets laid off. Don't you get COBRA?

:hug:

Riverwild 01-07-2009 08:00 PM

I'm in on the margaritas! :D

Make mine a double!:p

DM 01-07-2009 08:14 PM

Hey Cath! Well, I fall into the Winter stinks category w/you. I seem to have more sx's in the colder weather. My legs seem to be less steady once I get chilled. Spring cannot come soon enough for me.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Sorry about your DH's job situation. Hope it's just temporary~~

Take care of yourself and sending :hug::hug::hug::hug:

PS~~ I like salt on my glass rim, please!!!

kicker 01-08-2009 07:32 AM

AAAAWWWW Brain,
D***, it 's true, what they sing - sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Hope everything gets better. I hate winter and relly hate those bumps in the road that can't be avoided. Pour a Margirita for me too. Salt please.