NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   You know how you promise yourself... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/112447-promise-yourself.html)

Momma's Kids 01-15-2010 08:07 PM

You know how you promise yourself...

1 Attachment(s)
yeah, you know, you promise, I will not...yada yada yada!!! I promised myself I would not take in another rescue animal...yah right way to go Momma...

Meet Sheba, the latest member of the family...she is about 5 months old...pitbull mostly...not sure what else, other than she eats socks...chews up laundry baskets, plastic cups, and furniture. She has security issues, not sure where she is from, an escapee from somewhere around Thanksgiving. I took her in from some people I know, my sister took in Sheba's sister...Roxie.

Roxie is red, Sheba as you can see is black all over solid, no white except eyes and teeth...very scary at times. lol

But, she is doing well, very healthy, playful and learning to sit for treats, not chew on me during the night and that baths are part of the deal if you want to sleep inside. lol

SallyC 01-15-2010 08:22 PM

What a nice thing for you and Sis to do. I hope she turns out to be a good companion for you.

I'd be a bit afraid to take in a stray pit bull..they have a rep. ya know. :eek:

Jules A 01-15-2010 08:27 PM

She is beautiful and looks similar to my girl. Way to go Sheba, you found a great Momma. No worries about any prowlers sneaking around your porch now !

Momma's Kids 01-15-2010 08:43 PM

SallyC...not afraid of pitbulls, my Xhusband and I raised them for a few years. We had one that was a terror out of the many we had. Pitbulls get a bad rep since they are used for fighting, she was only about three, four months old at the most when I got her. She is not aggressive, and she is smart, she learned to sit for 'treat' time in less than two days. She is getting better about the sock eating. lol

Jules... it's not the front porch I am worried about, it is the fenced in back yard with the neighbor's 'jungle' along the back side. lol People could hide in there for weeks and never be found....just a head's up if you ever need to hide. lol

There were four puppies...I hope the last one found a good home. Now, I have three dogs, one cat. My sister has three dogs, two cats...I'm glad I got her because a couple tried to get her and I got the feeling it was to make sure she was aggressive or to use her for a fight dog. I surely purely despise that sport as well as cock fighting, we have a lot of both around. :mad:

The SOAPS people have asked for me to become an 'adoptive' parent for stray animals...Which one of you told them I take in strays????!!!! I already lost over half the bed, just to animals. lol :eek:

Kitty 01-15-2010 09:22 PM

Bless you, Momma. It was Sheba's lucky day the day she found you. And she is a beautiful dog.

I feel so bad for pitbull's because they have such a reputation that they have to overcome even when they've done nothing wrong.

I can tell you right now that I'd take my chances with a dog long before I'd take my chances with some people I've known. :rolleyes: Bless you for rescuing her. :hug:

karousel 01-15-2010 09:25 PM

Sheba's very lucky you took her in! And so is her sister because your sister took her in. I hope these dogs bring both of you much joy!

Erin524 01-15-2010 10:25 PM

Looks like she's trying to keep the world safe from socks. Those evil, evil socks!

Watch out that she doesnt go after the ones on your feet! (ask me how I know about that one...)

braingonebad 01-16-2010 09:53 AM

Hey, if you met my dd's socks, you'd know why!

:eek:

She's beautiful, Momma! If I had to guess, I'd say Sharpei mix.

Anybody who takes issue with Pitts ought to watch Dog Whisperer. Cesar's pal Daddy is about the coolest dog ever, and Cesar will tell you he's had more aggression issues with Chihuahuas than any other breed.

My first encounter with one was when my son was two. He got out of our truck, and right there in someone's front yard was a litter of pitt puppies. Mom just came over, got betwen my ds and her babies, rounded them up and moved them away.

She could have easily mauled him - she was within inches. She could have come after me, too, a few feet away. She seemed much more sensible than a lot of dogs whith a young litter and I had a lot of respect for her.

Kitty 01-16-2010 10:10 AM

Brain, there's another show on about ex-cons and Pitbulls. Some lady has a rescue facility for them and employs people who've been in prison and some who are on probation (I think). I think her husband is in prison right now. It's a good show and they are so kind to these dogs. Many of these dogs would have no where to go were it not for her. They adopt out these dogs but they are very particular about who they go to and they do countless checks and home visits before they sign over any dog.

legzzalot 01-16-2010 05:23 PM

She is gorgeous! We almost ended up with another one this weekend... fortunately hubby to be was a little late getting back to the lady... this one was part greyhound, with HUGE paws. I can only imagine how big she would have gotten.