NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Kitten playing with displaying live peacock! (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/209992-kitten-playing-displaying-live-peacock.html)

mrsD 09-24-2014 02:22 PM

Kitten playing with displaying live peacock!

This is very interesting... and unusual...

Lara 09-24-2014 03:42 PM

Very patient peacock!
The larger cat looking as if it was missing part of ear.
Where I used to live years ago there was male peacock with his muster used to come wandering through my property. So beautiful.

I find some of the videos like this interesting.
I've been watching some of dancing lemurs and there was one in the list showing interaction between a kangaroo and a lemur.

p.s. I'm glad the displaying live peacock was live. lol ;)

mrsD 09-24-2014 05:01 PM

Male peacocks are sure not like Roosters! Roosters attack people...even those who FEED them!

I guess his primary goal is to protect his tail?

Kitt 09-24-2014 06:09 PM

Did anyone read the comments? Interesting. Also, a male is called a peacock and a female is a peahen. And the offspring are peachicks. And together they are called peafowl. This is according to:

And they can attack humans, etc.

My aunt used to raise them.

mrsD 09-25-2014 07:43 AM

I apologize for the comments.... I rarely read them, and typically YouTube removes offensive things quite well.
This post was pretty old...maybe before the new policies?

The version I saw was on another website, so I went to YouTube to get the original.

The comments were pretty "out there" I agree.

I didn't see any animal "abuse" when I viewed it. The bird seemed used to the cats IMO.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am not a big internet type person, so when I see such behavior by so many I tend to get appalled! :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitt (Post 1098860)
Did anyone read the comments? Interesting. Also, a male is called a peacock and a female is a peahen. And the offspring are peachicks. And together they are called peafowl. This is according to:

And they can attack humans, etc.

My aunt used to raise them.

anon1028 09-25-2014 08:20 AM

The day seeing a kitten doing just about anything doesn't bring a smile to my face is the day when there's really no hope.
Can't get enough of the little guys/gals Whether its walking upside down under my bed or making me jump in the night thinking a tarantula was on my leg or squeezing into the smallest boxes or bags possible, they kill me.
*admin edit*

Lara 09-25-2014 03:38 PM

Yes, markneil, pets are good therapy that's for sure.

Kitt and mrsD, I didn't see the comments, but I have over time stopped looking at them.
People have too much time on their hands and they're obviously not nice people. It has to make a person wonder. I remember having this conversation on one of the other forums when we were talking about the same thing and if we could set up the youtube so that the comments weren't visible.

The flying peacock photo - I have to say a huge WOW to the photo on the wiki page that you posted Kitt. I had no idea they could fly with all those feathers. :o

Kitt 09-25-2014 04:54 PM

There were good comments Lara as well as some bad ones. People wondering about the cat with the ear thing and stuff like that. I pretty much always read the comments no matter what I am looking at on You Tube.

Peacocks can fly but not for a long distance.

mrsD 09-25-2014 05:30 PM

The most likely cause of the ear damage to the adult cat seen in this photo, is another CAT! They get bitten on the ears very frequently. Old Toms often have ear scars. Being a farm environment, suggests to me at least several cats. In fact another adult crosses the frame of the video at one point.

I would guess the kitten playing with bird's feathers is a little male--ginger cats often are.. The black/white kitten seems timid in general, and may be female...or a runt (very strange tail it had)...and at the end of some cat hierarchy. Those are just my impressions.

Kitt 09-25-2014 05:58 PM

Yes, I agree. I come from the farm so I do know about that. And I think that other kitten looked like a runt or a really strange tail at that.