NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Feel like I could use an old friend... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/43869-feel-friend.html)

Friend2U 04-18-2008 11:11 PM

Feel like I could use an old friend...

... a cup of hot cocoa... and someone to just out and out lie if need be and tell me that everything is going to be okay. :Dunno:

Are any of you ever "fine" one day... all upbeat and ready to help the rest of the world??? then... the next day... you're not so sure you believe all that "everything's fine" talk that you are so famous for reassuring the rest.

I'm just having a little pity party... nothing in particular. All of you are my NEW friends... but sure could use an OLD friend kind of a hug tonight!:hug:

Thanks for listening!

MSacorn 04-18-2008 11:17 PM

I'm a new friend (handing a cup of cocoa) and a :hug:

My new friend I just want you to know that everything will be okay. Do you want to talk?

:hug:

PolarExpress 04-18-2008 11:20 PM

Well, I don't know about "Old"..:wink:
But hugs-a-plenty for you F2U! :hug::hug::hug:
Been there (still there)..Feel great, make plans to accomplish all kinds of wonderfull things..Next day, "What was I thinking?"..
But, all in all, it's all good. Take advantage of the up days, make the most of the down.
Like Red Green says, Keep Your Stick On the Ice!

Friend2U 04-18-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSacorn (Post 261711)
I'm a new friend (handing a cup of cocoa) and a :hug:

My new friend I just want you to know that everything will be okay. Do you want to talk?

:hug:

There really isn't alot to talk about. Just the whole MS thing. I just get tired of pulling up the ole boot straps on a daily basis... you know. Hate feeling depressed... been there, done that... don't want to revisit. I was there for years, before the dx. Just trying really hard not to find myself there again.

Also, I had the gallbladder surgery monday, maybe that is still just part of it all and how I feel.

As I said, nothing in particular, probably just everything in general.... I'm sure it will seem brighter in the morning. See how good I am at this little pep-talk?!?!! I have it all memorized!

Thanks for the hug... and the chocolate... I actually made myself a cup... wan't a bad idea! Thanks for caring enough to answer! :hug: That is what I needed on this cold, lonely night!

PolarExpress 04-18-2008 11:36 PM

Well, now I know who to call when I need the pep talk..:)
You're probably right about the surgery, too.
I hope tomorrow is a better day!!

RedPenguins 04-18-2008 11:39 PM

Awww.....Friend....hang on...

Friend... I hope I can be considered a friend....I'm not old and not an old friend of yours...but I certainly feel very old these days. Does that count?

I'm glad you made yourself a cup of cocoa - what a fine idea.

Yes, like you, and I imagine like many people dealing with MS (especially those of us more recently dx)...I have days where I am in fight mode - confident that I will beat this - it won't take me down....and then the next day, I'm ready to surrender. (To be honest, sometimes I go through these two places in the same hour and several times a day!).

I just wanted to say hang on...but I'm not always sure what it is we are hanging onto! I guess just hang on to knowing that the sun will rise again tomorrow and maybe it will be one of the days where you have the energy and fight in you to keep your chin up! :)

~Keri

ps/did you put marshmallows in the cocoa??

Friend2U 04-18-2008 11:56 PM

Thanks Red,

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedPenguins (Post 261725)
Friend... I hope I can be considered a friend....I'm not old and not an old friend of yours...but I certainly feel very old these days. Does that count?

I'm glad you made yourself a cup of cocoa - what a fine idea.

Yes, like you, and I imagine like many people dealing with MS (especially those of us more recently dx)...I have days where I am in fight mode - confident that I will beat this - it won't take me down....and then the next day, I'm ready to surrender. (To be honest, sometimes I go through these two places in the same hour and several times a day!).

I just wanted to say hang on...but I'm not always sure what it is we are hanging onto! I guess just hang on to knowing that the sun will rise again tomorrow and maybe it will be one of the days where you have the energy and fight in you to keep your chin up! :)

~Keri

ps/did you put marshmallows in the cocoa??

Of course, my friend, I have more new, true friends here at NT, than I could have ever imagined when I came stumbling in here several weeks ago.

When you said, "I just wanted to say hang on...but I'm not always sure what it is we are hanging onto! I guess just hang on to knowing that the sun will rise again tomorrow..." that sounds like exact words that my very best, and oldest, friend wouldv'e said had I called and woke her up at this hour. :hug:

HANGING ON is GOOD! I don't even have to know what I'm hanging onto. I can hang on to the HOPE of a sunrise and a ray of HOPE for sunshine. I can do that. Thank you... SO much!!!

Oh, shucks!!!... I skipped right past the marshmallows straight to the jar of marchmallow Creme!!!!!
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

MooseasaurusRex 04-19-2008 12:11 AM

Marshmellow creme...

Oh the fun we could have with that.

*No smiley available for what I'm thinking*

Friend2U 04-19-2008 12:23 AM

Tee Hee,

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 261744)
Marshmellow creme...

Oh the fun we could have with that.

*No smiley available for what I'm thinking*

Thanks for the laugh! :Bow: I hope, above all, the sense of humor is the last thing to go, if there ever must be a last thing to go!

You are too funny! How can I be depressed now :cool2:?!?!?!?! :hug:

Twinkletoes 04-19-2008 12:29 AM

I see Moose already came to your rescue. I wuz gonna offer my Dad -- he's 94 and single.

Well, you wanted an OLD friend, right? And he's crazy about choccy milk!!! :p