NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Yep, its a flare (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/111851-yep-flare.html)

Dejibo 01-06-2010 09:19 PM

Yep, its a flare

went to the big city hospital for my six month follow up. Dragged out my laundry list of complaints, and was informed that I am indeed in a flare. I was offered IVSM if I wanted it, but since I am so far into the flare I was told it wouldnt make a huge difference in recovery if I said no. I declined. No wonder I am anxious, tense, and itchy. oh, btw, this means my trip in ONE WEEK is now postponed! I am so mad :mad: Now I get to stay home, and have the DH play the "i told you so" card. I was at the exit! I was almost gone! I moved my appointment up so I wouldnt miss out before I went away too.

I just wanna cry. :(

barb02 01-06-2010 09:28 PM

Sorry to hear about the flare and the missed trip. Hang in there!:hug:

SallyC 01-06-2010 09:35 PM

:circlelove:(((((((((DEJ)))))))):circlelove:

Kitty 01-06-2010 11:58 PM

Sorry you're having to postpone your trip, Dej. Get better soon so you can really enjoy your getaway!

pud's friend 01-07-2010 03:46 AM

What an absolute cr@p situation. I'm sorry. I know you really needed that trip.
:hissyfit:

karousel 01-07-2010 09:23 AM

How horrible that you're not feeling well and in a flare and that you are missing your trip because of it. (((hugs)))

soxmom 01-07-2010 09:25 AM

feel better Dej.:hug:

Erin524 01-07-2010 10:55 AM

I had the MS trolls try to ruin things for me before too. They're jealous and trying to make you pay more attention to them.

Last summer, the MS trolls in my optic nerve decided to screw up my vision over the Fourth of July. I'd been planning a weekend trip to Lincoln, NE for about four months, only to have the MS try to screw things up.

I had double vision thru most of June and July. I was still able to go on my trip... Went to a Larry the Cable Guy concert at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln and had to sit in the cheap seats with one eye closed and feeling dizzy most of the time. I was uncomfortable, but Larry the Cable Guy was funny enough that I enjoyed myself.

I had even more fun at the minor league baseball game I went to the next day...even tho I was patching my eye by that point. But, I was only having a vision and vertigo problem, and not having any other weird MS crud bugging me on that trip.

I swear, the MS seems to like to screw up anything that might be mildly enjoyable. Almost like there's a vindictive little creature running around in my brain, flipping switches and trying to make things as difficult as possible on purpose.

Hopefully the MS will settle down and let you go on your trip soon. Sometimes it's just not fair, is it?

Jappy 01-07-2010 12:14 PM

)))))))))) SO SORRY DEJ((((((((

Understand how you feel. Since Sept.09 I had to cancel
2 trips. This disease seems to know when to pop out and say (I AM STILL
WITH YOU)!!!! YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

Jappy :mad::mad:

Debbie D 01-07-2010 12:32 PM

Awww, Dej, :hug::hug:
Sure that you can't still go?