NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   broke toe (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/25885-broke-toe.html)

HeyJoe 08-13-2007 08:09 PM

broke toe

well i broke my middle toe of my left foot yesterday. couldnt feel foot coming into contact with steel and banged it really hard, it bounced off but i didnt feel it. woke up this morning and my toe was pointing at a 45 degree angle to the left. It's broken and taped up now. Third break i have because of PN and lack of balance or feeling. There goes long walks and the ocean for most of the rest of the summer

glenntaj 08-13-2007 08:53 PM

Definitely sorry to hear about that.

So many of us with insufficient feeling in our extremities have to be SO careful as to where we actually place our bodies.

Of course, one of the other effects of many neuropathies is difficulty with propriception--our awareness of just where our body is in space and in relation to other objects . . .

And I know there's not much to be done for a broken toe, other than to support it against other non-broken ones and allow healing to take place.

Three is more than enough, Joe. No more for the summer. :)

Brian 08-13-2007 09:18 PM

I could see how easy for this type of thing to happen with the nerves being numb, i hope it heals quickly for you anyway, mate.

dorrie 08-13-2007 09:26 PM

HeyJoe! Sorry to hear about your toe. I have never broke a toe. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to get around! Hope you have a speedy recovery!:)

Dakota 08-13-2007 10:53 PM

So sorry, HeyJoe. But a good reminder to the rest of us to always wear shoes. If we can....

dahlek 08-13-2007 11:12 PM

You are in good company!

After my knee incident this winter, stepped wrong and broke a toe in March. Just didn't bother with the docs as I know the 'wrapping' and elevating routine by now. Besides, unless it's a clean break, fractures don't show on the films for a couple of weeks as new calcium fills in and ideally repairs.

BUT - I do have to compliment you on the talent it takes to get it to a 45degree angle! THAT IS SPECIAL. No Outstanding! - j

Oh did I say OUCH!!!!! Already? - j...again

Yorkiemom 08-13-2007 11:55 PM

Oooweee.... Sorry to hear about this Joe. It is so hard to believe we can even break things and still not feel them...

Cathie

SeamsLikeStitches 08-14-2007 12:16 AM

Been there done that!

Hi there, I've broken my toes before, banging them on things and not knowing it when I do it, but the next day realizing they are black and blue. I'm so careful to check my feet now when I bang them or drop things on them.

Just watch it to be sure it heals correctly.

shiney sue 08-14-2007 12:49 AM

Hey Joe

Stop it... Benifit of PN can breake and not know,but anything blue
or swollen insist on x-rays. I found out i had broken ankle and did not
feel it. I had to have it casted,still is. My ankle doen't hurt but have to
make sure it's healing and cast isn't rubbing.... :cool: Joe :eek: Sue

amit 08-14-2007 12:53 AM

SO sorry

to hear about your toe. I hope it will cure as soon as possible.