NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   hydropcephalus and depression (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/119492-hydropcephalus-depression.html)

mandy17 04-16-2010 02:08 PM

hydropcephalus and depression

does anyone suffer from depression because of having hydrcephalus i do but the doctors dont reckonise it i get it every few months especially when i have problems connected with it i get really down and wish that i never had the condition in the first place but i dont know anyone in my area who i could talk to about it

Rrae 04-16-2010 02:29 PM

Hello Mandy !

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/4...q6hd9jrorv.gif

I saw your post and wanted to stop by with a bunch of puppies ! :)
I too have battled depression. It is such a confusing issue to deal with.....
Although I don't know much about hydropcephalus, I do know that depression can go hand in hand with about ANY type of health issue.....
It always raises the question.....which came first...the chicken?...or the egg?

You've come to a wonderful place and there are many caring folks here.....
Being a part of this forum has actually become the best 'medicine' I've ever been on!

Glad to be your friend,
even if you just want to 'talk'....

Caring
Rae
:hug:

mandy17 04-16-2010 03:04 PM

hi

thanks id like that

Rrae 04-16-2010 04:18 PM

Hey there Mandy!
I noticed you mentioned your bouts of depression seem to come in 'cycles'.....
My daughter actually is the one who brought to my attention that she noticed my pain flares and depressed state of mind seemed to come in regular cycles....so I started keeping a 'mini-journal' of my moods and meds and what type of activities I've done, etc and sure enuf, there was a connection.

Part of it, (I'm sure you've been told this) is hormonal......yes?

I've also seen/heard from others that the weather has a part in it.
Example: when we have several days in a row of overcast sky, depression seems to flare. Lack of vitamin D from the sun i guesss. :)

.......Sooooo ? What's YOUR 'theory' ..... the chicken :o or.....the egg :p ?

Rae
:grouphug:

mandy17 04-16-2010 04:32 PM

it could be anything i really want to get it sorted but i dont think my dr would take any notice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrae (Post 645110)
Hey there Mandy!
I noticed you mentioned your bouts of depression seem to come in 'cycles'.....
My daughter actually is the one who brought to my attention that she noticed my pain flares and depressed state of mind seemed to come in regular cycles....so I started keeping a 'mini-journal' of my moods and meds and what type of activities I've done, etc and sure enuf, there was a connection.

Part of it, (I'm sure you've been told this) is hormonal......yes?

I've also seen/heard from others that the weather has a part in it.
Example: when we have several days in a row of overcast sky, depression seems to flare. Lack of vitamin D from the sun i guesss. :)

.......Sooooo ? What's YOUR 'theory' ..... the chicken :o or.....the egg :p ?

Rae
:grouphug:

Rrae 04-16-2010 04:57 PM

That, to me, is pretty much the MOST frustrating thing about it! Getting the Dr to L I S T E N. I especially dislike the ones who flip thru our charts the whole time we are 'talking'......all that matters is what our written 'file' shows!
.........:mad: Why can't they ever just LOOK in our EYES once in awhile..... I really think they would 'hear' aLOT just by doing that! ..... :girl(sad): well........ in my case, maybe that would just simply freak the doctor out. ha :p

floridahydrowoman 04-16-2010 09:37 PM

Hang in there..

Hi Mandy, Read my recent post. This is hard. I will not sugar quoted it for you but this is journey and you are not alone, we are all together and we help each other day after day. Keep writing here and create a journal, it helps a lot!!!! :grouphug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy17 (Post 645045)
does anyone suffer from depression because of having hydrcephalus i do but the doctors dont reckonise it i get it every few months especially when i have problems connected with it i get really down and wish that i never had the condition in the first place but i dont know anyone in my area who i could talk to about it

mandy17 04-22-2010 05:03 PM

feel so fed up ive been told im not depressed im just stressed how stupid is that

mandy17 05-08-2010 02:23 PM

ive been offically diagnosed with depression now and on anti depressants

Jamie S 06-29-2010 08:34 PM

Anti's dilema

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy17 (Post 652757)
ive been offically diagnosed with depression now and on anti depressants

I've got hydra with fast thinking as well. the only thing they could give me was a slew of anti's and a wack of sleeping pills I hate it. I can't work or drive or eat. Don't really know if its all worth it yet. 3 months