NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   A date? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/19733-date.html)

befuddled2 05-15-2007 09:47 PM

A date?

Been at Doug's, the one I have the crush on. We were together for about 5 or 6 hours today. He kind of asked me out. He said me and him should go play bingo together. I said okay. I sat next to him on the couch while he showed me pictures but then went back to my separate chair. There was chemistry sitting next to him but no one made a move. We listened to gospel music.

I wanna take things extra slow and it seems like he's not going to be pushy about rushing things.

barbara

DiMarie 05-15-2007 11:22 PM

Wow

How nice, A McDreamy....enjoy the BINGO, go!
Sweet dreams,
Di

befuddled2 05-15-2007 11:44 PM

thanks di.

moose53 05-16-2007 05:04 AM

((((((Barbara)))))),

Hey, I didn't know we had the same name :cool:

I like the word that Di used -- "McDreamy".

Sounds real nice -- someone that wants to get to know you -- I've been looking for one of those for decades :p

Go!! Enjoy!! Have fun!! Celebrate *LIFE* :D

BIG HUGS (and love).

Barb

befuddled2 05-16-2007 06:08 AM

Thanks Barb,

Yea, my name is Barbara. My mom use to call me Barb.

befuddled2/barbara

Pamster 05-16-2007 06:54 AM

AWESOME! I hope you both have a great time at Bingo. You might even win a few rounds who knows? :D That is so good that he asked you out, you both are going to really enjoy getting out for a bit. :D Way to go Barbara! :D

Nikko 05-16-2007 11:55 AM

YOOHOO......great news..........;) Have fun at Bingo, hope you win.

Hugs, Nikko:D :hug:

befuddled2 05-16-2007 08:57 PM

Turning into a monster

Thanks yall. I have 2nd thoughts after tonight.

My friend Doug's attitude is seeming to get pissy towards others and even though he's nice to me, he is still talking over me. I know since he started the chemo and trying to quit smoking on and off he is developing an attitude problem. I don't know if I can take it as him and I have not developed too far for me to take this type of deal from him. However, if I can I still be friends with him I want to be friends with him only. I feel bad for Doug but with my insecurities and all his problems putting him on edge with others I am not liking what I see. It is going to be hard to get romatic with him now I'm afraid. I am also afraid that just tonight I gave him a card with one of the poems I wrote about hoping there was a spark between him and I which my lead him on now. If it scares him than that will be fine too.

befuddled2

moose53 05-16-2007 09:49 PM

You know, ((((((Barbara)))))), I have a feeling that some of your ability to 'sense' and to 'feel out' people was stifled during your marriage -- just like mine was.

If these senses are starting to awaken again in you, that's good. My son has got a favorite 'thing' that he says to me WAY TOO OFTEN. I've got a hard head :p He says just 'cause you make an agreement to do something NOW doesn't mean it's a lifetime commitment; you can always change your mind. Sort of think he might be talking to other Barbara's too :rolleyes:

If your instincts are telling you to back off a little or to back up -- listen to them.

Going out to bingo or bowling -- out with someone in a public area -- there's nothing wrong with that. You're not signing a pre-nup.

Just enjoy being with him. Learn what you can while you're with him. Help him -- cause he certainly sounds like he needs your help during this time. But, don't give your heart yet until you're SURE.

BIG HUGS (and love).

Barb

Nikko 05-17-2007 10:13 AM

It could be the combination of quitting smoking grrrrrrrrrrr that is not easy, and the chemo, so I wouldn't read much into.

Just have fun, take it slow. After a bad relationship, it is hard to start over, but you can do it as long as you feel it is right for you.

Hang in there, Enjoy.

Hugs, Nikko:hug: