NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Daily Insights rolling right along... (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/101407-daily-insights-rolling.html)

SandyC 08-26-2009 04:02 PM

Daily Insights rolling right along...

New thread!

tkrik 08-26-2009 04:34 PM

"Rollin', rollin', rollin', Rawhide . . ."

LOL I thought of that song when I read our new title for the Insights thread. :D

JustWeave 08-26-2009 05:11 PM

Wahoo! Nice new digs.

Furbaby is at the vet as I type. DH came home from work and said he made the appointment. I noticed her right eye had a ring of white gunk around it. Poor thing is really in sad shape.

Time for some muzak and more typing practice. :rolleyes:

JustWeave 08-26-2009 07:05 PM

Furbaby will live. Vet doesn't know what happened as it could be a variety of things. She has already perked up a bit. :D The next few days will include meds and a bland diet. :rolleyes: I don't really care, I just want the family dog back.

Debbie D 08-26-2009 07:39 PM

Hi all...sitting here with a bottle of wine and a Pearl Jam DVD on the tv...my fave group...dancing earlier, Sanford the golden retriever looked at me as if I was insane...just the younger me comin' out is all!

For you who have taken the babes to college...the feeling of emptiness comes and goes as they graduate, marry, etc. I am still feeling a renewed empty nest after DD's wedding, even tho she stayed up in Wis. last year after graduating college. It's always a bit of a loss...I'm trying to rework the programming in my brain to feel gratitude instead of loss...it's hard work, but I know I'll feel better eventually...and you will, too:hug:

Got a few inches of hair cut off and layered today...DH hasn't been home to see it yet...gulp. Whatever...I'm sick and tired of the wet hair on my head when the sweats hit me...a major sx this summer, cool or warm...:(

DH & I went to my neuro's lecture last night...it was all about sxs and treatment of MS...made me feel not-so-alone and not so crazy about these sxs...and gave my DH new insight about it all...esp. concerning the sex probs. My neuro was so funny about it...talked bluntly about probs.; recommended an "assistive device" to help stimulation, if you know what i mean ;) where to get it, how much it costs, how it's much better than other stimulation devices...hee hee...my DH was extremely interested in this topic:rolleyes: LOL

As you can see I've had a bit of wine, at least I'm happy weeee!
Have a good night's sleep, all!! Wish you well!:D

FinLady 08-27-2009 08:31 AM

Morning all :) Love the new name.

Can't believe it's Thursday or almost september :eek: Where in the world did the summer go???

Ah well, my parents did warn me that time would go faster when I got older. Did I believe them? :Noooo: At least until it happened to me, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day! :grouphug::grouphug:

soxmom 08-27-2009 08:53 AM

hellooooo!:)

back to school shopping in order again. My dd10 is going to the Cape with
friends this weekend so need to pick up some stuff. Just watching the
hurricane to see if its going to get closer to the Cape then expected. They
may have to change plans.:(

Everyone have a lovely day!:grouphug:

ewizabeth 08-27-2009 09:44 AM

Hello everybody!! :grouphug: :) I had a busy day yesterday. I've been following BBS' "get moving" thread. I finally got moving yesterday, lol. Here is part what I posted there...

Yesterday I cleaned the bathrooms and swept and hand mopped all the tiled floors. I also took down the heavy plastic shower curtain liners and washed with some bleach in the water, washed the bathroom rugs too. It was DH's birthday so I cleaned the kitchen twice as well, once in the morning and then after the tasty dinner that our son cooked.

The housework was wayyyyy overdue. Today and tomorrow I want to get the dusting, polishing and vacuuming done as well. I also need to get groceries because we're low on everything.

I also have to file form 1040x for my son today. I hate that form, lol. I work with state of Illinois retail and telecom taxes and employment but the 1040 for the IRS is the pits. I think because of the sneaky changes they make every year, lol.

It rained about 3-4 inches here the last two days, with more to come today and tomorrow so I need to get the indoor stuff done. I can work in the garden this weekend, woo hoo!!! It's supposed to be 58 degrees and sunny on Saturday! :)

Now I better get going on all my stuff, lol. It's so easy to sit here and get comfy.

SandyC 08-27-2009 09:51 AM

Morning all! I have to run over to the Chevy dealer to get a part put on (arm rest) and then home to clean. MIL is coming over tomorrow. I think I need to get groceries tomorrow. :wink:

Have a good day everyone! :hug:

Weave, glad the furbaby is ok.

barb02 08-27-2009 11:17 AM

Good Morning! Just finished my class. I think it went fairly well. I do have one problem child that keeps making irrelevant comments or asking questions that are off topic. My patience is definitley going to be tried.

He also is vision impaired so I think that has probably resulted in a certain social awkwardness on his part. I have blow everything up to 24 font for him and his textbook is on a cd. It has to be tough for him. He has always had this vision problem -- uses a cane when he is walking.