NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Keep on Moving Club: September 2009 (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/101995-moving-club-september-2009-a.html)

BBS1951 08-31-2009 04:59 PM

Keep on Moving Club: September 2009

MS sometimes makes it hard to keep moving, exercising, stretching, so we do less and less. Before long, its not just MS that interferes with our mobility and health, its also atrophy of muscle causing more balance problems and more muscle weakness.

So, we started a Club to support and encourage us to keep moving --You use it or you lose it! So, what do you do-- do you stretch, do you walk, swim, aquacise, isometrics, lift free weights, Wii,calisthenics? Please join the club.
!

I swim a mile a day. In 2004, I was so weak, I could not walk across a room. Now I swim a mile every single day and I do free weights twice weekly to help with osteoporosis prevention. Cherie (clinical1) was able to stop using her w/c after she religiously worked on a pool based stretch/exercise routine daily.

What do you do?

BBS1951 08-31-2009 07:27 PM

Bumping this thread up so that its above the old August thread-- post here fellow movers!

pud's friend 09-01-2009 06:40 AM

i got on my horse today. that was nice. worked my leg muscles.

just waiting for the weather to warm up to heat the pool up a bit. otherwise i can't afford to keep it warm.

BBS1951 09-01-2009 09:08 AM

Horse riding! Wow-- Horses terrify me... Good going :)

If you are dying to swim, look for the aquasphere swim skins, winter weight. They keep you warm but are flexible enough to swim.

I swam a mile today. Pool is still 84 degrees. So is the ocean :)

tkrik 09-01-2009 09:57 AM

I have been a slug the past few days and have only been doing my stretches.:o The weather changed and I can feel it. The hurricane by Mexico is bringing in rain and humidity. UGH!

SallyC 09-01-2009 12:30 PM

Did my stretches and exercises, before rising, today....Feel pretty Good. Of course, that could be due to the marvy fall weather, we're having.

Indian Summer, later in the week, though..:mad:

ewizabeth 09-01-2009 12:57 PM

No exercise since Friday, too busy with business. But this afternoon after I get home from having my eyes checked and dilated, I'm going to get on the elliptical.

I did go out and buy heavy items yesterday and put them in the trunk, and then the garage, but no cardio involved with that.

Either that, or vacuum and dust. :confused: It depends on what my eyes will let me do.

Kitty 09-01-2009 01:24 PM

My seasonal allergies have me wanting to do nothing but sleep. Of course, that could be the Benadryl, too!

I'm going to stop using my treadmill as a clothes rack and at least plug the thing in this week! I might even turn it on to see if it still works! I'm famous for "intending" to exercise. :o

BBS1951 09-01-2009 04:10 PM

tkrik: humidity and heat are a fact of life in Florida. Funny how we all get used to our own clime!

Sally, good girl!!

Kitty, get your machine ready today. Don't put off getting the machine. Post when you have it ready so we can give you praise for getting geared up :)

Hi ewiz, some times we just need a day off.

SallyC 09-01-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBS1951 (Post 561910)
Sally, good girl!!

Sitting Up....where's my treat..:D