NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Laughing in the laundry room... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/104028-laughing-laundry.html)

Blessings2You 09-26-2009 05:38 PM

Laughing in the laundry room...

As if we have a laundry room. It's the basement. But ANYWAY,

I was about to toss in the washer some new cheapy Hanes cotton undies, when I noticed the tag said "machine wash warm, tumble dry low, do not iron."

DO NOT IRON? Seriously? Like I was going to iron my UNDIES? I don't even iron my CLOTHES! Hello?

Whew, good thing they stopped me before I ran right upstairs and ironed all those undies.

Of course, Mom used to iron undies, pillowcases, hankies. But she also used to wash windows, and I don't do that either. Do not iron. Good grief.

Aarcyn 09-26-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 571202)
As if we have a laundry room. It's the basement. But ANYWAY,

I was about to toss in the washer some new cheapy Hanes cotton undies, when I noticed the tag said "machine wash warm, tumble dry low, do not iron."

DO NOT IRON? Seriously? Like I was going to iron my UNDIES? I don't even iron my CLOTHES! Hello?

Whew, good thing they stopped me before I ran right upstairs and ironed all those undies.

Of course, Mom used to iron undies, pillowcases, hankies. But she also used to wash windows, and I don't do that either. Do not iron. Good grief.

Where were those underwear made? It has to be from a foreign language country.

Then again, most of my wardrobe is from Kohl's and nothing there is from the USA. It seems to come from Viet Nam mostly.

I did get an e-mail about checking products to see where they are made. Most of them are from the USA, my "beauty" products, toothpaste, etc.

But you do not iron? I do! I even iron t-shirts!!! I iron my bed sheets!!
But not underwear...I might burn my flimsy lacies.:D:D And my grandma underpants too.:D:D

Kitty 09-26-2009 06:40 PM

I have an iron.....somewhere. Not sure if it works or not. I cannot remember the last time I ironed anything.

When I worked most of my "work clothes" went to the dry cleaners. They ironed them.

The only thing I can imagine ironing would be a shirt if it were wrinkled......or maybe pants......but stuff I don't wear (sheets) and nobody else sees (undies). Forget about it! :cool:

karousel 09-26-2009 06:40 PM

Gee I always iron my underwear. NOT. :D I do iron but it seems it's only my DD's clothes that need it. I hate to iron, it's one of my dreaded things that just need to be done. I only iron something if it absolutely needs it.

SallyC 09-26-2009 08:18 PM

LOL, Blessings.:D

I used to iron everything....except underware. I stopped ironing anything as soon as I could no longer stand at the ironing board for long and I discovered wash and wear..LOL. I even ironed my PJs......and hankies...remember those?

legzzalot 09-26-2009 09:10 PM

I thought that's why they invented that tuble cycle on the dryer...to get out of ironing, if it's wrinkled, toss it in for 10 minutes and viola! I no longer own anything that requires an iron or dry cleaning bill. Just seems pointless, we all know i'm just gonna spill something on it anyways. Better off with the $5 walmart shirt.

Dejibo 09-27-2009 07:41 AM

whenever you saw my mom ironing, you KNEW she was stressed, and to stay out of her way! She ironed as a stress reliever. Undies, jeans, pillow cases, the cat, whatever she could get her hands on. My dad was in the military, so she knew how to throw a military press on things.

I worked with uniforms, and so the DH, so we ironed ALOT in our house! I got good at it. Nice crisp uniforms look great! Gotta love a man in uniform.

now? I think I know where my iron lives. I am sure its covered in dust, and spiders. who am I to wreck a spiders house?

Risby 09-27-2009 08:48 AM

Ironing

I'm sure I have one around here somewhere!!

My kids went to private school and when they needed their shirt or blouse ironed....I admit I cheated.....I only ironed part of the front and the sleeves, which were not covered by the sweater vest they had to wear!!

DD is now a teacher and she uses a steamer on her clothes if needed!

Like others I couldn't stand at an ironing board for any length of time.

As a kid, I remember ironing EVERYTHING.....boxers, undershirts, pillowcases sheets and handkerchiefs. My mother worked in a shirt factory and my dad always wore a dress shirt to work, He must have had a hundred shirts. My parents always carried a handkerchief and gosh forbid if it was wrinkled
I used to set up the ironing board up in the living room ,so I could watch the "stories" while I ironed.

kicker 09-27-2009 10:06 AM

What!!! My Dad always had an ironed handkerchiefs, Me, I now carry packs of tissue throw-aways. My mom ironed but had a closet full of unironed stuff we had to dig through to get really wanted items. A friend sent her anonymously clippings of Dear Helen Ironing tips . Of course she and Mom and us knew who sent them. The same friend gave me a board and iron 30 years ago at my wedding shower. How we all laughed. Board still looks good. I used it a few times.

kicker 09-27-2009 10:29 AM

We bought this house from a 4 star general and his wife. I have a beautiful laundry room on second floor with 2 windows, a rack for board and iron, good machines, room, etc. In my wheelchair chair on the first floor I can no longer use. I have a washer and dryer in my bathroom on first floor. Kids use (and get washer un-balanced often) one on 2nd floor. They know nothing of ironing.