NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   9 months of fighting SSDI... today is decision day. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/117365-9-months-fighting-ssdi-decision-day.html)

legzzalot 03-22-2010 09:43 AM

9 months of fighting SSDI... today is decision day.

I got a call a few minutes ago from the SSDI worker who I have been hounding for the last 2 months. They needed additional employment history, which I gave him. I was told they finally have all of the paperwork from all of the doctors and a decision will be made today and I will know something in the next 2 days.

Now I wait, and I am antsy.

Dejibo 03-22-2010 10:14 AM

strong prayers, and gentle hugs for you! :hug:

SallyC 03-22-2010 12:21 PM

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. :hug:

Kitty 03-22-2010 12:50 PM

It shouldn't be so difficult.....but unfortunately it is sometimes. I hope you get the answer you've been waiting for. :)

SandyC 03-22-2010 02:31 PM

Now we are waiting with you. :hug:

legzzalot 03-22-2010 02:38 PM

It's like I drank a whole pot of espresso! COME ON ALREADY!!! The other ood news of the day; lawyer is on standby if they deny, we will be filing for a court appeal and requesting it be back dated to June when I first applied since they threw it out and made me reapply in jan, if it is approved it will only be from jan 15.

AND.... DH2B got his paperwork!!! His last day going getting up at 4 to go to the army is next friday when his terminal leave starts and his officially OUT as of May 26. How awesome would it be to get my approval today?

PolarExpress 03-22-2010 11:13 PM

I'm keeping lots of stuff crossed for you!!

Debbie D 03-23-2010 02:01 AM

Not to intrude on your thread, but since I'm confused about all of this, I wonder what it means that I have a psychiatrist interview for SSDI when I get back from vacation...is this normal?
Leggz, I hope everything goes well!!

legzzalot 03-23-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 635714)
Not to intrude on your thread, but since I'm confused about all of this, I wonder what it means that I have a psychiatrist interview for SSDI when I get back from vacation...is this normal?
Leggz, I hope everything goes well!!

Intrude away. They didn't send me for a psych interview. Maybe because I have already been deemed as bipolar. Or it may be because of my constant hounding of this worker. He made the mistake of calling on a day when everything that could possilby be wrong was; so I gave him a detailed list of all the carp I was dealing with that day and burst into tears while on the phone. Plus my reasons for applying were more physical, though the depression and anxiety were listed.

and I am still waiting! :mad: If they have learned anything in the last 9 months of dealing with me, it should be that I am not a patient person.

karousel 03-23-2010 06:12 PM

Keeping positive thoughts for you!!