NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   A Good Night's Sleep?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/119963-nights-sleep.html)

Blessings2You 04-21-2010 06:44 AM

A Good Night's Sleep??

Sometimes it seems that everbody sleeps well except me; other times it seems as though NOBODY sleeps well. Hence the poll. If you DON'T sleep well, I'm wondering why--your chronic illness, another physical issue, having to get up to use the bathroom, noisy neighbors, too much coffee, what? Thanks!

Debbie D 04-21-2010 07:33 AM

Stupid leg spasms wake me up during the night...I have learned to take a small dose of muscle relaxant before bed, and if I am awakened by spasms, I do some stretching, which seems to help most of the time.

FinLady 04-21-2010 07:35 AM

Pain doesn't keep me up anymore due to the high bedtime dose of gabapentin. Yep, I'm one of the lucky few that works on. But if I'm having a bad spasm night, forget about it. Those buggers keep me from being comfy. I haven't found anything yet that works 100% on those. :(

legzzalot 04-21-2010 07:36 AM

I don't count my drug enduced state of unconsciousness as good sleep. But since doubling the dosage on my ambien and adding neurontin, tramadol, and voltaren to the mix I am knocked out for 7 dreamless hours a night. But I still need to nap nearly every day. I think I miss dreaming or something. And anything more than 2 hours results in severe joint pain when I wake up... I honestly can't remember the last time i went to sleep on my own accord and woke up rested.

AfterMyNap 04-21-2010 08:35 AM

Can't say for sure, I slept right through the whole thing.

barb02 04-21-2010 08:42 AM

I also cannot fall alseep without a sleep aide (ambien), and it still take an hour or longer to fall asleep. I will lay down to relax many afternoons after classes, but do not fall asleep. I started using a CPAP for sleep apnea two weeks ago and still cannot get use to the mask. The longest I have had it on in one continuous stretch is 4 hours. Last night after two hours, I gave up and took it off. At some point during the night, I put in on for another two hours. I have to wear it for at least four hours every day for the insurance to pick up the costs.

tkrik 04-21-2010 09:09 AM

Like Fin, a higher dose (600 mg) of Neurontin keeps me comfy all night - keeps the nerve pain mellow and spasms to a 1/2 charley horse type. About once or twice a month I have some rough nights but for the most part I sleep well. Some nights I don't fully wake up but I know I get woken up by something. Once morning comes, based on how my body feels, I know what slightly woke me up.

ewizabeth 04-21-2010 09:13 AM

In nice weather my allergies can wake me up if we have the windows open because I start sneezing. If a sound wakes me it can take me awhile to get back to sleep. On rainy days with windows open the sound of the birds singing is beautiful but loud. There must be five hundred of them on our roof when that happens, and all kinds too because it sounds like a symphony without a conductor, lol.

Kitty 04-21-2010 09:47 AM

I've never slept well. Not in years. I wake up every 3-4 hours. I can go back to sleep but I've never been one to sleep continuously through the night. I think it all started when my kids were babies. I'd be sitting up in the recliner waiting for them to wake up for a bottle!! :o

SallyC 04-21-2010 12:16 PM

I put half and half, but, like Kitty, I wake up at about 4 am, watch TV, at about 6, fall asleep till 10/11am. Half at night half in the morning.:D

I sometimes sleep better at naptime.