NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Medicare (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/129001-medicare.html)

Kitty 07-27-2010 05:41 PM

Medicare

I'm supposed to be covered by Medicare as of August 1st.

I got my card back in June with my Medicare number on it followed by an "A"....which means I have hospital coverage. I need the card that also has a "B" on it to show I have medical coverage.

I mailed back the info they requested for Part B coverage when my information packet arrived. To date I have not gotten my updated card. I called today to check on it as I need to make a couple of doctor appointments for August.

The nice lady I spoke with said that my forms had never been processed. :confused: She took my phone number and said she would pass it along to the local office so they could call me and try and get this straightened out. Ugh........I was on the phone forever. :rolleyes:

It'll all get figured out. I'm not going to stress out over it. It's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. It's just irritating but with the number of people on Medicare I guess it's a given that someone's file's gonna get messed up!

Has anyone else had trouble with Medicare when they first were approved for it?

tamiloo 07-27-2010 06:06 PM

I had no problems with Medicare however, When I was sent my back pay on my SSI they sent it to a bank I didn't even bank at and then we had to get that bank to send it back to SS...boy oh boy...:cool:

Hope they call you soon...call them until they do...I would notify your congressman...that is who moved them on with mine...take care...with me patience won't ever be a virtue I will ever possess....((((HUGS)))):hug:

Dejibo 07-27-2010 07:05 PM

They were extremely helpful, kind, courteous, and into the bank my check went.

Kitty 07-27-2010 07:47 PM

I have my SSDI......I get that every month. I had no problem getting that. This is Medicare that I have had to wait 2 years to be eligible for. I have to pay them for Part B coverage. They'll take it out of my SSDI check. Part A is at no expense to me. However, it doesn't provide for doctor visits, tests and routine exams. Part B does that....and that's what I want and need. I know how slow the wheels of the government turn. I hope I'm not in for a long wait.

Debbie D 07-28-2010 02:49 AM

Just another indicator that Medicare isn't perfect, I guess...I hope it's cleared up soon, Kitty:hug:

SallyC 07-28-2010 10:01 AM

Dang Gov't Committees.....Can't get nuttin right. :rolleyes:

Patience, Kelly.:D

tkrik 07-28-2010 10:33 AM

Aw, Kelly!:hug: I had no problem with Medicare when I started and even now. They were really helpful, courteous, etc. Most of the issues I had could be taken care of over the phone. It could have been the person that you talked to. I would try giving them a call again and explain the situation and that you would like this taken care immediately as your Medicare is due to start in a week.

As far as I remember it was just an automatic thing. I don't remember filling out any kind of paperwork. Also, my Medicare number is followed by an A but below that it says I have Part A and Part B.

Good luck with this and let us know how it goes.:hug:

NurseNancy 07-28-2010 03:43 PM

kitty,

i've had my card for some time now.
at the end of my SS# there's an A

below that it says hospital part A
and, medical part B

i know you said you spoke to them but you could always check again.
or, maybe ask for the call to be elevated and maybe that would get you a supervisor type.

wkikta 07-30-2010 08:40 AM

I believe the 'A' means you don't have 'joint coverage' as in for you and a spouse. My number has an 'A', only had 'A' for a while at first, now 'B' also. Both are listed on the card, but the 'A' did not change. You will always be an 'A'.

Lady 08-02-2010 12:43 AM

Kitty did you get your replacement Medicare card yet, with A & B listed on it? I know you said your coverage starts August 1st.

I hope so, you waited long enough to get that darn-old card.:grouphug: