NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Daily Insights ~ Like Sand Through An Hourglass (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/130167-daily-insights-sand-hourglass.html)

Kitty 08-12-2010 07:30 PM

Daily Insights ~ Like Sand Through An Hourglass

.....so are our Daily Insights. :)

I was a Days of Our Lives fan! :o

Here's our new thread! Who wants to post first (this one doesn't count)?

TwoKidsTwoCats 08-13-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 684448)
.....so are our Daily Insights. :)

I was a Days of Our Lives fan! :o

LOL good reference! I was a DOL fan until they had the Marlena possession and I tuned out.:D

Another day of sleep for me, now insomnia has hit.

Temps were still nasty today. I had to run some errands for school supplies and groceries. My youngest son is taking junior ROTC this year, and had to have a haircut tonight. So much I need to be out and about doing, but just can not in this heat.

:grouphug:

soxmom 08-13-2010 07:05 AM

Good morning friends!:hug:

Well, I am off on my family road trip! I will be gone until the 23rd!

We leave in two hours with the first stop DC.

I wanted to leave hugs for everyone...I hope you all have a great week!

Im bringing my laptop in case I need a break so maybe I will check in.

Be well everyone!:hug::hug:

FinLady 08-13-2010 08:48 AM

Kelly, I used to be more of the young and the restless fan quite some time ago. :)

Sox, hope you have a good time.

Everyone, :grouphug::grouphug:

~~~~~~~

Morning all :) Trying to awake with my caffine jumpstart. Real tired this morn, but it might be just because I crawled out of bed not too long ago. :D

Hoping everyone has a safe weekend. :grouphug::grouphug:

barb02 08-13-2010 09:24 AM

Good Morning! Soon I will be writing TGIF! But I have one more week of freedom before classes start on the 23rd.:D I am leaving in a few minutes to go to pt, and then I have a few things to pick up at the drugstore. Going to go see Eat, Pray, Love this afternoon. They have once again extended our excessive heat warning. Now it is in effect through Saturday night. Do they issue these warnings in the south? :confused:

Thanks for starting the new thread Kelly.:hug:

Kitty 08-13-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats (Post 684542)
LOL good reference! I was a DOL fan until they had the Marlena possession and I tuned out.:D

Me, too, Pam. That story line was just a bit unbelievable.

One more hot day here and then we're supposed to have some relief. Rain is forecast for the weekend and temps in the high 80's. I never thought that would sound so glorious!

I updated my thread in the Sanctuary about Claire. She's having a difficult time with round 3 of chemo but thank goodness it's over and she is back home. She's such a trooper.

A friend I used to work with is coming into town next week. We're going to get together with another girl from work who still lives here and meet for dinner. I can't wait. We always have such a good time together.

When I went to the grocery store on Wednesday there were several police officers in the store. They were in a group over by the SunTrust Bank that has a branch inside the store. I wondered what happened but didn't ask anyone. I just read in the paper that the branch had been robbed! About an hour before I showed up there! :eek: Too close for comfort. :rolleyes: The economy here still stinks and the unemployment rate is getting higher. :( People are getting desperate.

Well, time for laundry. Ya'll have a good Friday! :grouphug:

SandyC 08-13-2010 01:07 PM

Hey all! It is so hot I bet Satan is looking for a fan! I need to go out and switch my pond filter but will wait until later when the sun goes down on that side. We lost power last night for two hours. I hope that doesn't happen again today!

Try to stay cool...:rolleyes:

Sox, safe travels. :hug:

Kelly! That's scary!

Barb, enjoy your last week of freedom!

Jenn, wake up! LOL

Pam, my sister laughed at me when I said it was hot up here. She said I have the winters, she has the summers. LOL

Debbie, don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone is having a hard time in this heat. Nik mowed my lawn yesterday and he's young and very healthy and felt like he was going to pass out. :hug: Jim hasn't been out in days. I need to take him out but his temp goes up within minutes and I cannot risk him having a heat stroke.

Kitty 08-13-2010 01:35 PM

It's raining here!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My A/C isn't running......and it's 2:30 PM in the afternoon!!

We need this break so badly. From the heat and the dryness. :)

TwoKidsTwoCats 08-13-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb02 (Post 684637)
They have once again extended our excessive heat warning. Now it is in effect through Saturday night. Do they issue these warnings in the south? :confused:

Yes we have heat advisory warnings... today it lasts until 8pm. Any time the heat index is expected to go over 100 they issue an excessive heat advisory.

Sandy, I have lived in the midwest before and both the winters there and summers here are about equal in the pain/frustration they cause! I am about ready to move back to the central coast of CA. At least the temps were fairly even all year long. The only thing that holds us back from doing it, is their state taxes are unreal!

I had to run a couple of errands this morning, then came home and crashed.

ewizabeth 08-13-2010 10:49 PM

Hi dear friends! :grouphug:

Really tough day at work today but tomorrow is another day! :thud:Today was just one of those days. Tomorrow will be better! :D

Stay cool everybody and just think January if you start to feel hot. That's what's getting me through....