NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Anxiety and OCD (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/)
-   -   Help!!! I can't take this, anymore!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/143250-help-cant-anymore.html)

Ponygirl 01-17-2011 05:32 AM

Help!!! I can't take this, anymore!!!

:(I suffer from Depression and, I *think*, an anxiety issue.
I *can't* stop thinking that I'm at the half-point of my life.
I mean, I'm not thinking that I'm 43, but, haven't done anything with
my life. That's not it. I just can't stop thinking of not being here,
anymore.:( :eek:Is this an anxiety disorder, and, is there medication
for it??:confused::(

Phyllis

Ponygirl 01-17-2011 03:46 PM

*No one* has *any* ideas???!

:(I *hate* this!!!:(

Phyllis:(

Leesa 01-17-2011 05:56 PM

Hi sweetie ~ This is Lee from braintalk. Hon, you HAVE done alot with your life. You are ALWAYS helping people. Don't you think that is something? You are probably one of the NICEST people I've ever "met" in my life!! I can't say that about everybody.

Phyllis, you downgrade yourself too much. You need to sit down and write down all your GOOD points - and you have to be honest. You know that you're a good person. You're kind, compassionate, caring, have a good sense of humor, you're friendly, I could go on and on!!

But that fact that you are ALWAYS helping people is a big one!! You HAVE done something with your life, and that's important. God bless. hugs, Lee

Ponygirl 01-17-2011 11:48 PM

Lee, I love you!!!!!!...Lol

:oIf you look back at my post, I said, it *wasn't* about not having
done anything with my life. It's simply, about, not being here,
anymore!;) I don't *want* to not be here, anymore.:(
It's about not having any control over it, because, one day, it *will*
happen.:(:(:(

im4dexter 01-18-2011 05:47 AM

You're right. One day you won't be here, neither will I, or anybody else. And you can't control most things in life. You can't control the weather, the traffic, how people will respond to you. There are too many variables and unknowns. Unfortunately you seem to be letting that dominate your life. I've always felt like I'll live every day like it could well be my last (cause guess what...it could) and enjoy everything I can. I act like a goof most of the time because I no longer let others perception of me influence my behavior. I simply don't care. I'll soon be planning my half-century party (turning 50 in 2 years). I'm psyched about it and hope I'm still around for it. Your life is what you make it. You get a clean slate every day. Spending your time worrying about this may not be the best way to occupy your day. Get to that point where you simply don't care and you'll be able to enjoy each and every moment. I know we all come from different situations, but we all wind up in the same place in the end. So don't worry about what you can't control. I wish you the best. Best of luck to all of us.:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponygirl (Post 735947)
:oIf you look back at my post, I said, it *wasn't* about not having
done anything with my life. It's simply, about, not being here,
anymore!;) I don't *want* to not be here, anymore.:(
It's about not having any control over it, because, one day, it *will*
happen.:(:(:(

Leesa 01-18-2011 03:05 PM

Hi Phyllis ~~

I've gotcha now. LOL Sometimes you have to spell it out for me. LOL I think about it too ~ more recently because my doctor told me that I had a heart attack and I didn't even know it!!! :eek:

We're all going to be going to our reward someday. For some reason, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to. I used to be terrified - but I'm not so scared anymore. I guess my faith has a lot to do with it. ;) Plus I know I'll see Dave and my parents on the "other side."

Dexter is right ~ why worry about things we can't control? It's just a waste of good time ~ and it doesn't do a lick of good anyway. LOL ;) When we worry about those kinds of things, we're just ruining today. Lets rejoice that we were GIVEN today! And hope that we will be given tomorrow too. God bless sweetie. Take care of YOU. Hugs, Lee

Ponygirl 01-18-2011 03:26 PM

But, Lee, I'm not *afraid* of it!...........................

:(It's just a *very* *depressing* thought, which, is adding to depression, I have, already!:(

Phyllis

tamiloo 01-22-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im4dexter (Post 735999)
You're right. One day you won't be here, neither will I, or anybody else. And you can't control most things in life. You can't control the weather, the traffic, how people will respond to you. There are too many variables and unknowns. Unfortunately you seem to be letting that dominate your life. I've always felt like I'll live every day like it could well be my last (cause guess what...it could) and enjoy everything I can. I act like a goof most of the time because I no longer let others perception of me influence my behavior. I simply don't care. I'll soon be planning my half-century party (turning 50 in 2 years). I'm psyched about it and hope I'm still around for it. Your life is what you make it. You get a clean slate every day. Spending your time worrying about this may not be the best way to occupy your day. Get to that point where you simply don't care and you'll be able to enjoy each and every moment. I know we all come from different situations, but we all wind up in the same place in the end. So don't worry about what you can't control. I wish you the best. Best of luck to all of us.:hug:

You really hit the nail on the head...I have the same problem...scared I will loose everything and everyone...scared to death! Most of the time I can't even function beyond helping my Olhipie.....

Ponygirl 01-22-2011 04:59 PM

:rolleyes:I just wish I could learn to live in the "here and now"!!!:confused::p:(:mad:

Phyllis

Ponygirl 01-24-2011 05:59 PM

:confused:Anyone have any ideas?????:o

Phyllis