NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Fermented Papaya (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/148001-fermented-papaya.html)

Aunt Bean 04-06-2011 01:38 PM

Fermented Papaya

Just wanted to let you all know that we are still having great results from fermented papaya. I was wondering if anyone else has tried making it yet?
I was doing well during the daytime with my tincture, but at night..my symptoms were not good one the nightly trip to the bathroom.
My right foot was dragging/ left arm pulled up to my chest/ right arm flailing to keep my balance! After increasing the amount of dried fermented papaya, these night time symptoms " my hunchback of Notre Dame" debue abated and I've had normal nite time excursions. Taking a small amount daily improve my nitetime vision for driving...which alone was greatly appreciated, but this was an unexpected and much enjoyed bonus.
Here is the recippe:
Take a papaya. Wash with dishsoap and rinse very well.
Peel the skin off/ cut and remove the seeds.
Place the cut up papaya into a very clean container (glass)
Mash as good as you can. Stir in 1 teas turmeric spice
& 1 teas cinnamon /and 1/2 teas salt ..per about 3 cups of mashed papaya.
Place a peice of plastic wrap directly on the surface...pushing out any air.
Seal around the edges as tight as possible to keep out air
Cover with another peice of plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature
for 6 to 7 days. After that, remove the cover/ spoon out any discolored papaya and discard that.
Mash and stir well again and add a Tablesspoon of agave / 3 TBs ground flax and mix and drop by spoonfuls on parchment in the dehydrator and dry about 15 hrs. Then I refrigerate it in a jar. Good Luck

johnt 04-06-2011 07:50 PM

Does it have to be fermented or does raw (unfermented) have the same effect?

Is the fermentation bacteria based (like yogurt) or yeast based (like wine)?

John

Aunt Bean 04-07-2011 08:36 AM

Fermenting the papaya for 7 days brings out enzymes that are highly beneficial and makes it almost "Pre-digested" and easy to assimilate. It is what the last Pope took that helped his symptoms .

Aunt Bean 04-08-2011 08:04 AM

Looking over papaya info,..some interesting things that go along with Ricks research...Papaya has papain (which acts like the bromelain taken from pineapple ) to break down proteins. And it has Quercetin , too A perfect coombination it looks like!

pegleg 04-11-2011 08:53 AM

Aunt Bean

You know the fava bean tincture was using brandy as a base. Have you considered that the dopamine replacement "effect" might have something to do with the fermentation??? This is especially more possible given your success with the papaya. Discussion?

Peggy

VICTORIALOU 04-11-2011 06:10 PM

papaya enzymes

Just as an aside, papaya mush is also great for the skin as the enzymes dissolve the old skin cells and enable the new fresh ones to surface.
Now, after I eat my papaya and rub the skin all over my face......... I will next ferment it for a few days and eat it again. HAAAA. What a world!:yahoo:

Aunt Bean 04-14-2011 01:09 PM

Yes Peg...the fava tincture is made with brandy, which does by itself cross the blood brain barrier in small doses....do you think a 1/4th teaspoon is small enough when left in the mouth for over 5 minutes and most of it becomes sublingual????
There may be some type of fermentation of the fava tops while in the brandy....someone who is an actual chemist would have to figure that one out for us. I just hope if how it works for me is a dream, that I never wake up! God is good.

moondaughter 04-14-2011 07:34 PM

for you visual learners......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvGD6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnc9GbYkjA&NR=1

aunt bean do you have any comments on this? using aloe vera as a carrier an interesting idea...

thanks for starting this thread auntie

olsen 04-15-2011 10:29 AM

already prepared fermented papaya product

In 2003, there were several article about Pope John II using a fermented paapya preparation supplied by a French researcher (who co-discovered the AIDS virus), Dr. Luc Montagnier. one company began manufacturing "FPP" -- fermented papaya product; that company is Osato. For those who wish to try the product and do not have the interest/time/ability/energy to make their own (good for you, aunt bean!) it is available pre made. Be aware, it is not cheap. thus having the recipe to make one's own really helps. I will utilize the recipe. madelyn

marciaj 04-15-2011 01:24 PM

$

Quote:

Originally Posted by olsen (Post 762590)
In 2003, there were several article about Pope John II using a fermented paapya preparation supplied by a French researcher (who co-discovered the AIDS virus), Dr. Luc Montagnier. one company began manufacturing "FPP" -- fermented papaya product; that company is Osato. For those who wish to try the product and do not have the interest/time/ability/energy to make their own (good for you, aunt bean!) it is available pre made. Be aware, it is not cheap. thus having the recipe to make one's own really helps. I will utilize the recipe. madelyn

I just went to their website and it's $64 for a 30 day supply. wow!

Not sure I can handle making my own.