NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I'm Melting!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/153462-im-melting.html)

Kitty 07-12-2011 01:21 PM

I'm Melting!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...-weather-s.gif It's so HOT here in Georgia!! Actual temp is around 95 but the "heat index" says it feels like 108!! Maybe if it wasn't so humid it wouldn't feel so bad but it's like walking out into an oven. And it's really hard to breathe outside. My poor little feral kitties.....how do they stand it? I make sure they have plenty of cool water. I guess they've never known A/C so they don't know the difference.

Looks like the entire East Coast is getting this heat wave. I cannot wait till Fall/Winter! When I start complaining about the cold someone redirect me to this thread! :o

mrsD 07-12-2011 01:40 PM

I can relate. Last week it was just frightful here. Over 90 almost every day. Today we are hovering at almost 90 now. Today the humid index is a bit lower, but it is rough. No A/C here except for the little portable in the bedroom.

That is one reason I got all my hair cut back...I couldn't stand it long anymore! :p

You know I have ice packs I put on my wrists, feet, and neck and they cool the blood. I use them almost every day. I even put one on Weezie when she starts to pant, and breathe too fast.

Lots of ice water, light small meals, etc. I tend to just do cottage cheese, or yogurt when hot. People with PN don't like heat either! Can't stand it in fact.

kicker 07-12-2011 01:41 PM

It's hot here in Maryland too-upper 90's. My black hot coat part chow puppy has taken to sleeping on floor AC vents.

Blessings2You 07-12-2011 01:45 PM

It looks as though we might get "lucky" and avoid the worst of it up here! The humidity was wicked yesterday and today. My husband has lung problems and he's laid low. It was only 78 a little while ago, but felt oppressive. Can't wait until that promised cold front comes through. I don't think we'd survive if we lived any farther south! My brain is like soup, and we're twenty degrees cooler than some of you!

tkrik 07-12-2011 01:52 PM

Melting here too! At 10 this morning it was in the upper 90s with 61% humidity. It's gone up since then and I'm laying low. We don't have a/c, just one in the small room off the master bedroom. Evaporative coolers do not work well when the humidity is up.

Stay cool everyone!

Vonn07 07-12-2011 02:19 PM

I was melting yesterday .. WITH humidity!! yuck!! today is SO much better - it's in the 70s .. but I can breathe and move!!

my electric bill came yesterday - YOWZA!! and it was mostly from running the A/C most of the month! another bill to get under control ...

I LOVE LOVE freezer pops ... they are on sale NOW ... and I eat them during the winter, too ... but, now - I can find some cooling relief with a couple 3-4 ... :p

Dejibo 07-12-2011 02:23 PM

it hot here! hiding in the house hot. we aint used to this in NH. :(

Kitty 07-12-2011 02:45 PM

I can hear the rumble of thunder off in the distance so maybe we'll get a cooling shower. The severe t-storm warning is way south of me so we might just get the sound effects.

SallyC 07-12-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 785886)
I can hear the rumble of thunder off in the distance so maybe we'll get a cooling shower. The severe t-storm warning is way south of me so we might just get the sound effects.

We got ya both beat, it's 90 here!! UGH!!:cool:

And we had the roaring thunderstorms, last night and it didn't cool things off....just made it more humid.

mrsD 07-12-2011 04:01 PM

90 here too... I've had it ... going for the coldpack now.