NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Tremors... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/162124-tremors.html)

Russell 12-16-2011 03:58 PM

Tremors...

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing bouts of tremors?
I every now and then just start shaking uncontrollably like Parkinson's. Each time it lasts a little longer and more stronger...:(:(

kat308 12-16-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 832944)
I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing bouts of tremors?
I every now and then just start shaking uncontrollably like Parkinson's. Each time it lasts a little longer and more stronger...:(:(

Hi... I'm new here and only was diagnosed in October. I too experience tremors. Some times worse than others. I keep forgetting to ask the dr if it is due to the meds or the crps which I have in my right arm/shoulder/hand.

LIT LOVE 12-16-2011 04:48 PM

Not for me. Is this new, though? Or getting worse?

It's a fairly common side effect of Lyrica, with 11% of patients experiencing it.

catra121 12-16-2011 04:52 PM

I get tremors too...usually when the pain reaches a level of 9/10 and whenever I do full weight bearing (which means the pain is that high I guess so same thing). They usually last as long as it takes for the pain level to go back down a bit. I've had them less often since I got the TENS unit because for 3-4 months before I got that I was at a 9-10 pain level all the time.

LIT LOVE 12-16-2011 05:10 PM

Hoooshmand talks tremors happening in the RSD effected limbs in puzzle #21.

AintSoBad 12-16-2011 07:10 PM

I have tremors, not always, but sometimes I can't write or type, hold a glass or cup. I don't know if it's meds, the rsd, or I suspect the TBI also. (head trauma). (I had rsd for a long time, before the head trauma, and that's when the tremors really started).
Sometimes, I imagine it could be my sugar.
But it certainly is annoying, and Tiring! Imagine how much energy is must take, to shake like that!?

Pete

JimsGirl 12-17-2011 12:25 AM

I've had tremors in my rsd affected hand for a long time but recently I've been having wicked bouts of them in both of my legs as well! Crazy! I don't know what that's about.

Dubious 12-17-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsGirl (Post 833080)
I've had tremors in my rsd affected hand for a long time but recently I've been having wicked bouts of them in both of my legs as well! Crazy! I don't know what that's about.

Yup, the causative surgery was 3 1/2 years ago and my deltoid and other associated muscles still transiently spasm in a staccato like fashion. Weird.

alt1268 12-17-2011 04:19 PM

Jimbo,
Sorry to here about the tremors. Always knew you were a little shaky. lol! :Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh:

LIT LOVE 12-17-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt1268 (Post 833243)
Jimbo,
Sorry to here about the tremors. Always knew you were a little shaky. lol! :Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh::Thats-Funneh:

I blame it on all that dancing he does! ;)