NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   My son got taken by CPS. (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/165357-son-cps.html)

SpaceCadet 02-22-2012 01:15 AM

My son got taken by CPS.

Well, talk about stress. My ex-fiance got my son taken away by CPS.

They didn't even call me first.

Jomar 02-22-2012 01:27 AM

Oh, no!!
Did they call any family members at all??
I hope you or a family member can get him back.
How old is the little guy?

SpaceCadet 02-22-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 854292)
Oh, no!!
Did they call any family members at all??
I hope you or a family member can get him back.
How old is the little guy?

Thanks....he is 8 months.

I'm not sure why they didn't call me. I had to call Child Haven myself and they told me they would call me when they were done checking him in.

Jomar 02-22-2012 02:09 AM

Good thing the NUCCA adjustments are working for you, sounds like you will be busy, good luck. Hope you can get him back soon.

Mark in Idaho 02-22-2012 03:53 AM

Sounds like it is time to request full custody. You can do it. Get your car running and get the little guy's food stamps/WIC allocated to you.

I wonder if this was from her appointment at the Welfare Office yesterday.

You can do it and it will be an effort that will change your life by giving you a focus to organize and progress in your life.

We know you can pull it together to Get R Done.

Klaus 02-22-2012 04:24 AM

It's that easy, they don't even have to do an assessment or anything, they'll just take a kid on the word of a bitter ex-partner? Wow.

Very best of luck in getting him back :mad:

I agree you can do it.

SpaceCadet 02-22-2012 04:41 AM

Okay, so here's what happened. My ex-fiance was staying with a drug addict woman that had an active CPS case. CPS showed up randomly at her house to drug test her (ex's roommate) and she tested positive for high levels of meth. Needless to say, she got her kids taken away. My ex-fiance was staying there with my son and her son (from her last relationship), so they took them too...without calling me.

So, after a lengthy conversation with the CPS worker and a long drive across town, I got my son. They wanted to drug test me on the spot before they released him to me, which I had no problem with but I guess they decided against it. They can clearly see that I'm not on drugs.

I have to drug test tomorrow, however...and I have a court date on Friday to talk about why he was removed from the home.

I'm really screwed up right now...on top of all this stress, I had my first anger outburst that I've had in months. The case worker wanted to speak with my mom (on the phone) since she's the head of the household. My mom tells the case worker that I'm recovering from a brain injury and I need to rest...she said that's why he isn't staying with me. I blew up. That's not something you tell a CPS case worker if your trying to get your son back. Then...the lady wanted to speak to my mom again. So, I knock on mom's door and she starts yelling at the top of her lunges "WHAT DO YOU WANT? IM SLEEPING!!!"...the case worker heard her yell...so yeah, I blew up again.

I'm home now, they hooked my son up with some fresh Buzz Lightyear PJ's, a big can of formula and a fresh pair of clothes (still with the tags on it) for tomorrow. He's out like a light.

I'm so mentally worn...I'm preparing myself for a huge setback.

Its okay though, my son is safe and that's all that matters.

Nick

Klaus 02-22-2012 04:48 AM

Oh I see, I thought you meant she 'got' him taken away from you deliberately. That makes more sense.

That's all great news and at least he got new PJs :winky:

SpaceCadet 02-22-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaus (Post 854341)
Oh I see, I thought you meant she 'got' him taken away from you deliberately. That makes more sense.

That's all great news and at least he got new PJs :winky:

Yeah they definitely hooked him up.

I probably should have explained it differently...I was just so upset when I made this thread, I didn't even care to proofread.

Thanks for the support.

Nick

Eowyn 02-22-2012 06:03 AM

So glad you got him back quickly!! Hope it all goes well at the courthouse. Remember, they want to keep him with you as much as you want them to. They're on your side. They just want to find a way to make it work and keep everybody safe & healthy.

You can do this!!