NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   SGB & Bilateral LSB (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/203330-sgb-bilateral-lsb.html)

Vrae 04-15-2014 04:18 PM

SGB & Bilateral LSB

Okay, so my doctor rules! He let me take my music and my studio noise cancelling headphones in with me. This made ALL the difference!! Put my tunes on, they gave me sedation, went to my warm happy place… it was all good! :D This was the easiest one yet! REALLY! They couldn’t believe that I was laughing and smiling before I even left the table. I talked with the nurse before hand and said would you tell me before he does anything painful so I can brace myself and she said I will lightly rub your shoulder. That worked. I would just do a calming breath and that was enough. They couldn’t believe it either, what a different some music made.

So I have gotten some relief, but am also still pretty drugged. My eye is a little droopy but they told me to expect that. They ended up doing a bilateral Lumbar which I was a little surprised about. I thought we were only doing one side, but cool. He is getting aggressive because CRPS II is getting aggressive with me. The Neck thing, IMO, was easier than the back. Maybe it’s the steroid that goes in my back that is so darn uncomfortable. I have had a few uncomfortable moments in my neck, but NOTHING in comparison to the pain I’ve been having everywhere.

My foot has warmed up again. I’m so happy about that. Man it was FROZEN when I went in today.

I am sooooo sleepy. :Zzzz: I will update again later tonight. You guys are the best!! Thanks for holding my hand on this beachy Tuesday! :hug:

Vrae

Brambledog 04-15-2014 04:58 PM

So happy for you Vrae :)

I am sending calming, soothing, keep-going-with-the-warmth-and-nice-feelings vibes your way....

:winky::hug:

Bram.

zookester 04-15-2014 06:35 PM

Doing the happy dance for you.. and I'm not even gimpn' this time!!
Head phones 'check' for next procedure, thanks for sharing that little tidbit of gold.

Rest well my friend,
Tessa:hug:

eevo61 04-15-2014 06:44 PM

Vrae get plenty of rest!

I'm glad everything went well Just remember even if I insist too much,do not excersite or move too much,get plenty of rest and relax,you might experience some discomfort tomorrow and the following day,is normal,but as long as you rest you'll be fine,:) happy for you,blessings and take it easy ,ok! :grouphug: blessing from Jesika
Ps. You want music? Here is some to relax you,enjoy it ! :nopity:

Phaedra 04-15-2014 08:17 PM

Glad to here this went so well for you today.:)

Vrae 04-15-2014 09:04 PM

Thanks so much for the support! I really do appreciate it more than you know!

My lower back is a bit uncomfortable but I kind of expected that. I have some numbness in my .... everything.. :p lol. But I went in with my arm being at about 8.5 and it's about 2.5. My lower back is hurting a little more than when I when I went in. It's aggravated from the actual injection and well flo doesn't help things either. Maybe I'll put a patch on it if it doesn't settle down.

My eye is all better. No more drooping. yay!

Oh and I don't mean to sound like a headphone snob. I use them for work. I am a video producer, or I was, or I hope to be again some day. And I was trying to drive home that I could NOT hear all the sounds of the procedure room, that made it extra wonderful! It made it much easier to drift away and not get so amped up over what was going on. Well that and the great music I was listening to.

Well, we've splurged and ordered out for dinner and the doorbell just rang.. yay! :D Did I mention they gave me steroids? ok, ok, I know they probably haven't kicked in yet. :rolleyes:

:hug: Vrae

Lottie 04-15-2014 09:46 PM

Hey vrae, so glad it went smoothly brave girl! Be well~lottie

RSD ME 04-15-2014 10:09 PM

I'm glad your doing okay Vrae and that everything went well. I'm rooting for you to get better soon!

Nanc 04-15-2014 10:22 PM

Yay! Been thinking about you all day on this beachy Tuesday :sunchair:. So glad things went well for you. Droopy eye and warm foot = great signs!!! That means they hit the right mark! Sounds like you did so well, you should be proud of yourself! I know I am proud of you :) I tend to agree with you, the neck was a little easier on my then the back too. I am glad they gave you sedation since they were doing both SGB & LSB..

When you are finished with your dr can you send him my way?? :D I definitely need a good one.

Take it easy!
Nanc
:hug:

Vrae 04-15-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanc (Post 1063820)
Droopy eye and warm foot = great signs!!!

You crack me up! :D