NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   NEW NEW NEW Weather Thread (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/239498-weather-thread.html)

Mari 08-30-2016 11:54 PM

NEW NEW NEW Weather Thread

Hi, We have so much rain these days. If there is more there will be
flooding.:rain::rain:

I passed several car accidents on the way to pdoc's appt.

I hope it clears up for us.
I hope others in weird weather situations are safe.:Good-Luck:

M

Brokenfriend 08-31-2016 12:15 AM

Hi Mari I've seen the reports, and radar of your State. That tropical storm is moving over most of the State.

It looks like it's very energized around the Tampa area. That's close to where one of my cousins lives.

It will become rainy, but it will pass hopefully soon. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 08-31-2016 12:22 AM

It's just hot, and humid up here. The storm is forecast to go out to sea before it would enter my State. There is a large high pressure system over this area. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 08-31-2016 03:43 AM

I think we are getting rain from a different system -- not the tropical storm although we are expected to get rain from that storm too in a day or so.

They are warning of rip currents -- (All tourists out of the water)
What is a rip current?
Quote:

Moving at speeds of up to eight feet per second, rip currents can move faster than an Olympic swimmer.
Panicked swimmers often try to counter a rip current by swimming straight back to shore . . .
We are also under a flood warning.
NWS Flood Safety Home Page
Quote:

A Flood Warning is issued when the hazardous weather event is imminent or already happening.

M

bizi 08-31-2016 08:06 AM

So sorry mari. I hope you stay safe and dry as possible. I know that you have a storm coming your way too.
sorry for all of the funky weather.
bizi

Dmom3005 08-31-2016 11:43 AM

:hug:I'm finally get a cooler day even in the low 80's for what we have had in humidity its really nice.

Everyone stay safe.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

Brokenfriend 09-01-2016 01:11 AM

We had a powerful thunderstorm that came out of the blue Wednesday night. There was a lot of lightening.

I should have remembered that storms like this can happen at any time in hot, and humid weather like this. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 09-01-2016 05:14 AM

I'm sorry that you're getting so much rain in your area, Mari. I hope you don't get much more, and there's no substantial flooding…
I know there's a lot of storms hanging around out there causing lots of rain, particularly on the Atlantic coast.

mymorgy 09-02-2016 05:46 AM

what about the hurricane?
worried bobby

Mari 09-02-2016 11:05 AM

storm surge the worst part of Hermine

That storm hit Keaton Beach, Fl at 11:15 pm Thursday night going 80 miles an hour with a storm surge.

Marine & Natural Resources - Keaton Beach Aerial Photos -- Taylor County Extension Office

The areas in the picture are probably flooded at the moment because of the
record storm surge. The storm hit during a NEW MOON -- New and Full moons
bring the highest tides of the month.

=-=-=-=
My brother told me that he and his tug boat are safely tide up in a harbor on the East Coast.

M

Mari 09-02-2016 11:24 AM

It is not affecting us now.

We are still expecting to get some rain from other systems.

Mari

bizi 09-03-2016 12:03 AM

I am glad that you are not effected by this hurricane.
bizi

Brokenfriend 09-03-2016 04:28 AM

According to radar, the outer edge of the storm is passing by my county at around 4 AM. I went out there, and it was a cool 68 degrees, and the wind was blowing slightly. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 09-04-2016 07:00 AM

I hope everyone, their loved ones, and property stay safe :grouphug:

I live close to Boston and we're expecting some remnants of the storm up here. We won't be in any danger, and are in desperate need of the rain, though.

Brokenfriend 09-08-2016 12:10 AM

The Dew Point is so high that both of my air conditioners are leaking water. The forecast for Thursday is 95 degrees. There was a thunderstorm that moved to the East of my county on Wednesday night. It missed. Thank goodness.:) BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 09-08-2016 04:33 AM

It cooled down here for several days. It was nice to be able to sleep without the fan on, and with the windows open. Unfortunately we have had a couple of rainy days, the humidity has been on the rise, and it will be in the 90s again starting today.

For some reason we have been fortunate and have been missing most of the major thunderstorms this summer. We did have one a few weeks back that felt like it was directly over us. Until then, I'd only felt storms like that while vacationing in the mountains.

Dmom3005 09-08-2016 08:42 AM

Its been really hot, 90's and humidity puts us in low 100's. So heat advisory
has been out. Its pouring right now. And supposed to get cooler even
85 is going to feel nice.

Have a great day.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 09-08-2016 10:36 AM

weather extremes will increase with time, I believe.
bizi

Mari 10-01-2016 12:36 AM

A big hurricane is going to go past us I hope.

We have to prepare for it anyway.
I told hubby to go to Sam's Club
Saturday morning to get enough water
for the two of us for three days.

M

Brokenfriend 10-01-2016 01:06 AM

My humidity meter says 95% at 2:05 AM Saturday morning October the 1'st. It was pouring down rain a couple of hours ago. It rained so hard that my cat got scared, and moved quickly into the other room.

Mari I'm sorry about that Category 5 hurricane that's possibly in movement in your direction. It's good to be prepared. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 10-01-2016 07:01 AM

I hope everyone is safe from that huge hurricane :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 10-01-2016 08:10 AM

I am sorry mari....that is very scary.
((((HUGS))))
be safe.
bizi

Mari 10-01-2016 10:17 AM

I am not scared but I am annoyed at Hubby.
I asked him to buy the water in May -- at the start of hurricane season.

Even today, he put off buying the water.
He took care of mail first before going to SAM's.

Next year I will get someone in the store to carry out the water to the car for me and
drive it home myself.

M

Brokenfriend 10-02-2016 12:22 AM

Mari I looked at the Noaa radar of your state a little while ago (1:21 AM Sunday Morning), and there seems to be a large storm over your state. It looks like it's raining most everywhere there.

The hurricane Matthew may miss your state, but the winds might affect the Palm beach area according to the current data, and projection maps.

I hope that it misses all land masses, islands, and all. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 10-05-2016 07:58 AM

I've been thinking a lot about the people of Haiti…
It's such a poor country, the people suffer all the time, and the island seems like a magnet for natural disasters…

I hope everyone here will be safe from the storm :hug:

Mari 10-05-2016 08:41 AM

Indeed. It is sad.

Haiti is missing infrastructure and they got hit with the worst part of the storm.
The US military and other outside forces/agencies/groups are already on the ground or on their way

M

Mari 10-05-2016 08:52 AM

I have to go into work today but hope to leave early.

Hubby and I have full tanks of gas in the cars and we are comfortable
about our supply of water and batteries.

Otherwise, we basically have what we need but I did not
buy tons of other stuff. To do so felt obsessive . . . .can't really explain my feelings.

I have listened to the news and repeatedly read updates at
Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground | Weather Underground
Somehow I find everything confusing --
. . . .Also because we are told by county officials to "Hope for the best and expect the worst." --- That encompasses a big range.

M

bizi 10-05-2016 08:56 AM

Thinking of you today.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 10-05-2016 07:59 PM

Matthew is a strange storm. It looks like it's going to affect Florida, and go up the East Coast at first, and then turn away, and make a 180 degree turn out into the Atlantic Ocean.

If this happens, I don't recall ever seeing a hurricane/Tropical storm do this.

BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-05-2016 08:26 PM

Friend,

It is weird. And just about the weirdest thing I have ever seen a hurricane
do.

The weather man on one of the channels I watch brought it up but said he could
not spend air time on it as there was an more immediate risk to deal with.

M

Brokenfriend 10-06-2016 12:54 AM

Hey Mari. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday it's forecast to make this horse shoe turn out into the Atlantic Ocean. Strange. Where is it going to end up? BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-06-2016 01:29 AM

no tropical features

It might do a complete turn BUT
it will not be a tropical storm.

In other words it will not have the features of a tropical storm -- no low pressure center, no wind rotation, . . .

What is a Tropical Storm? (with pictures)

M

OhKay 10-06-2016 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1225660)
Friend,

The weather man on one of the channels I watch brought it up but said he could
not spend air time on it as there was an more immediate risk to deal with.

M

WOW. I can't believe that! What a moronic a-hole! Matthew is going to impact so many in the US…
And its potential path must be so fascinating to weather watchers, too.

I can understand how it could be hard to strike the right balance between being prepared and going overboard. Having a large and unpredictable storm like this heading your way must provoke a lot of anxiety :hug:
I hope that you, your husband, and your property will all be safe :hug:

kiwi33 10-06-2016 06:15 AM

I have been watching the news about the cyclone with some alarm.

I hope that all of you guys stay safe.

Mari 10-06-2016 03:56 PM

Kay,

The weather man was doing his job.
There has been talk that BF mentioned probably coming from the non-local news stations about
the storm doing its thing and then coming back in a 360 degree turn to start over again.

It IS a weird to see the possible patterns in the future but that
is NOT ANYTHING that the locals are concerned about.
=-=-=-=-
They are telling us what is happening in "real time" at this exact moment and then
predicting based on satellite what will happen by 9:00 pm,
10:00 pm tonight, . . .
. . . early morning weather on Friday. . . . even being so
local as to talk about certain neighborhoods.

. . . about how many (very small number) of homes are already without power
and how the power company is working on them now.

We are getting good information.

M

Mari 10-06-2016 03:58 PM

Thank you, Kiwi, and everyone else. :grouphug:

M

bizi 10-06-2016 07:21 PM

thinking of you mari.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 10-07-2016 12:17 AM

I looked at the weather charts, and there is another hurricane out in the Atlantic, but it's not going to affect us I don't believe. It's called "Nicole"
Both Matthew, and Nicole are being hit by a large cold front coming in from the Northwest. Then a second cold front is going to affect Matthew in a day, or two, pushing it out to sea.

Matthew may be pushed down to the Bahamas, but it's only forecast to be a tropical storm then.

We'll see what they say Friday morning.

Mari I hope that you keep electricity through the whole %*"#!! thing. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-07-2016 01:34 AM

BF,

We kept electricity. :)

A few times, the computers made a blink/squeak sound when the
electricity sort of went out for less than a second.

Every thing went well.
I am glad we planned well too.

M

OhKay 10-07-2016 06:37 AM

I'm so happy you planned well, and weren't hit hard :)