NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Thursday I woke up unbalanced. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/251199-thursday-woke-unbalanced.html)

Mari 03-23-2018 12:25 AM

Thursday I woke up unbalanced.

When I got out of bed I almost fell when I tried to stand up -- caught myself
from hitting the floor by grabbing a chair. Kept kind of wobbling awhile.

I tried to settle myself but I got in the car to drive aware that it was not safe
to drive. I had a mammo appointment nearby. I did not have the right paperwork with me so I came home really really upset.
=-=-=-
Back home, I looked to Google re symptoms. It said the balance issue might be caused from not drinking enough water / lack of electrolytes. Also mentioned low blood pressure.
-- I did not have any sports drinking handy so I drank tons of water and
two cans of soup for the salt and ate raisins and an orange for the sugar that might be in store-bought sports drinks.

After drinking water all day long and taking the salt and sugar described above, I feel o.k. Totally balanced :=)

M

OhKay 03-23-2018 07:29 AM

I've been there before because of all the mag. citrate I've taken. It's scary...

You did all the right things, and I'm glad that you are okay :hug:

bizi 03-23-2018 08:36 AM

Yes mari, you did all of the right things. Hubby has a hard time drinking a lot of water while at work because he sees students back to back and doesn't give himself a break, they are supposed to be 50 minute lessons but he gives them an hour.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 03-23-2018 06:32 PM

I fell down when I was dressing on the day that the house caught on fire.
This was shocking to me. I feel down on my hip. I'm okay. I don't know how this happened.

I was very tired because I threw some things into the dumpster that where outside near my air conditioner. I was tired, but still...

I've seen these things on commercials, and didn't take them seriously until after I fell.

I'm sorry that you fell Mari. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Gethprime 03-23-2018 07:43 PM

it could be orthostatic hypotension. blood pressure drops so low so fast when standing up suddenly from a sitting or a laid down position. it can cause one to faint

bizi 03-23-2018 11:19 PM

I hope you are feeling better.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Mari 03-24-2018 05:17 AM

I'm fine now. Thanks.

Drinking water.

M

Mari 03-24-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gethprime (Post 1260722)
it could be orthostatic hypotension. blood pressure drops so low so fast when standing up suddenly from a sitting or a laid down position. it can cause one to faint

I thought about the low blood pressure. But I could not find
a pulse -- not unusual because I have never been able to do the pulse thing.
I remember in 6th grade learning how to do it.

Since then I have had people show me good pulse points.
NADA.

M

OhKay 03-24-2018 06:08 AM

Dehydration/electrolyte imbalance can cause isolated episodes of orthostatic hypotension, and that's part of the reason why people feel faint, etc. Rehydrating will usually take care of the problem. If it continues to happen THAT is cause for concern.

I'm glad you're feeling fine now, Mari :)

Dmom3005 03-24-2018 01:51 PM

I can never take my own pulse either. Sometimes the nurses and
doctors have to really take mine in odd places too. So its not
odd. They already know it so its okay.

Donna :hug::grouphug: