NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   How do you know if it's pneumonia? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/36116-pneumonia.html)

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-14-2008 09:32 PM

How do you know if it's pneumonia?

This is getting ridiculous! I have been sick off and on since Thanksgiving. Sinus infection, cold, congestion, general chest, head crap.

I did 21 days of antibiotics and 4 days after I finished them, bam! This stuff is back again with a venegeance! My head hurts, my chest hurts, my rib cage hurts. I have a sort throat, congestion, practically no voice, coughing, my face hurts, my hair hurts! I know I have another sinus infection, or maybe the other one never got cleared up, but I think it's more than that this time.

When do you know it's pneumonia? I just don't want to keep calling the doc...my regular doc is out on sabatical studying for his boards so I have to see the PA. He's good, but I just don't have the energy.

I've been in bed for the last week. I went to my big shindig Saturday night, but other than that, I have been NO WHERE! And I didn't even stay that long!

BTW, I looked great!

I know I am whinning...

Curious 01-14-2008 09:53 PM

:hug:

does your chest sound weezey? is any fluid coming up?

when i had pheumonia it went from the green goo..to bubbly foamy stuff. basiclly i was drowning. chest was sounding weezey and crackeling. hurt like the dickens.

( i'm sick now..same stuff. ugh. compounded with the fifth's..i'm a mess. :o)

whooping cough is going around.

this isn't anything to mess around with. you may have the flu.

don't worry about bothering a dr. GO!

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-14-2008 10:01 PM

I had pneumonia years ago and i just remember my rib cage hurting and having trouble breathing. I am not foaming at the mouth! LOL!

I know I should call the doc.

I just don't want to get dressed and go...I have no energy.

Whooping cough? I haven't heard of any cases here. That's all I need. I am not coughing like that.

shiney sue 01-14-2008 10:04 PM

Hi

Same thing Coughing,green and you can break a rib or 2 from this. You may
have been giving the wrong antibotic,it happens. Do you have humidifier's
running. Bed rest is good but please call your Dr.,he chose to be that a Dr.
Hope you get better soon,it's yucky...:hug: :eek: Sue PN

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-14-2008 10:15 PM

I do have a humidifier! And I am using a steam inhaler to keep the gook running. As for antibiotics, I am allergic to most of them, so I don't have much choice!

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-14-2008 10:20 PM

Guess I am in good company! Sorry that you two are sick as well! Let's all get better soon!

AfterMyNap 01-14-2008 10:22 PM

Just go to the doctor. If you have the energy to attend a blacktie gala, you have the energy to flop into a pair of sweats and go hork some phlegm for the doc. Just go.:mad:

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-14-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 187309)
Just go to the doctor. If you have the energy to attend a blacktie gala, you have the energy to flop into a pair of sweats and go hork some phlegm for the doc. Just go.:mad:

that was 2 days ago....

yes ma'am.

SallyC 01-14-2008 10:30 PM

I agree with Cindy. Get thee to a Doc or maybe even the ER is a good idea. I'm worried about you...enough is enough, already..:(

MSacorn 01-14-2008 11:13 PM

I agree with Sally, maybe the ER is the place to go. Just go in your pj's. If they are flannel and warm, why not. Can't look any worse then sweats. Besides it's not Ms America, you are sick, it's ok to look as sick as you feel. :D

Please get your self well. :hug: