NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Just when things look good - they go bad (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/41393-look-bad.html)

yeahbut 03-16-2008 07:02 AM

Just when things look good - they go bad

Just a little back ground.... my DBF is a Boatbuilder and a year an and a half ago (the summer this trip I am on with MS started) we had to close it down for there had been no yacht's sold in a year. Come to find out the sales man that we had had a lot to do with that but that is another story.....

so, since we closed the shop we have had serious money issues. Two weeks ago DBF found out the house is going under foreclosure and we need to move. The last week I have been calling every rental property in the local paper but there are not a lot there..... We are going to look at a house today but they do not want dogs but are willing to let us see the house. The owner is a friend of DBF's and know's he keeps the dogs clean. And then I found one last night online that sounds reasonable that we are going to call on this morning. It seems like when we find one that will take dogs when we call it is already taken.

I look around the house and wonder how we are going to get all this stuff out of here..... DBF has lived here for 10 years and myself for three. I know it is just a house - just some boards and paint but I really do love this house. The set up is wonderful and perfect for the dogs. The next month or so is going to be hell for us - but we will just have to pull our toughness up and get through it....

Thanks for listening and letting me vent..... I am sure I am going to do a lot of it in the next few months. Just let me know if and when you get sick of it.

Blessings2You 03-16-2008 07:32 AM

Vent away, my friend, and in the meantime, I'll be praying that somehow God will turn this into a "blessing in disguise". We care.

Riverwild 03-16-2008 08:25 AM

#$%^&*( Char,

This just bites! I don't even know what to say to make you feel any better. :hug:

Are you only looking up there or are you willing to look a little further south? I can send up some of the listings from this way if you like. Let me know!

We're here if you need to vent and you know that.:grouphug:

FlyFishin Momma 03-16-2008 08:49 AM

I know that this is hard to do right now in the midsts of all the pian.....start looking for the window my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know I am hare...right here if you need me!!!!!!!!!!!!

weegot5kiz 03-16-2008 08:52 AM

I am sorry to hear of your misfortune I too recently went through the same thing. it was real bad , we got down to the day before the public sale and the mortg comp agreed to rework things out,

I got lucky, might be worth a shot, one more talk with them, not sure how defiant they are being, mine was very reluctant to help in anyway.

as it is I know how scary things are for your family my families prayers and thoughts, for a positive result, go out to you,

talk to a lawyer, there are some things that can be done, just be careful of what i called the house sharks, the first class mailings u are getting or soon will be from folks who want to buy your house and help u out of things,

yeah dont believe it they are trying to make a buck see if a realtor cant at least do a quick sale and keep the foreclosure off your credit

again sorry to hear whats hapening:hug:

Frank

AfterMyNap 03-16-2008 09:16 AM

Oh dangit, Char, that does bite the big one. Is this an opportunity for you to make a new start? You are working hard to improve your life, is it possible that this is part of the Master's plan for you?

Please be careful to avoid letting the stress take hold of you, kiddo, it can't help anything. You vent here as often as you need or want to and know that many of us are praying for your answers to come post haste.:hug:

Taffy 03-16-2008 09:30 AM

Something will work and the dogs will be happy. Don't let the stress get ya! Good time to get rid of stuff you don't need anymore too!

FinLady 03-16-2008 10:15 AM

:hug: Vent away. I'm so sorry to hear you guys are going through that right now.

Hope things work out for you.

lady_express_44 03-16-2008 10:16 AM

I went through something similar last spring, and we had to move out of our home of 16 yrs. I had two months to find something (with a dog, cat and two kids), and I did, but it wasn't anything like what I had previously. It took me several months of cleaning and organizing . . . not to mention moving 13 TONS of "stuff" I had accumulated. It was a difficult time and I think I am still paying for it 10 months later.

If I wasn't so pressed for time, and didn't have youngish kids, I think I would have done things quite differently. I wish I would have opted to cull through a lot of my "stuff" before I moved, and although I didn't have much choice at the time, I should have down-sized my accommodations. I will have to do that eventually, but I certainly don't have the energy or inclination just yet.

Good luck in finding something reasonably suitable. Worst comes to worst, perhaps you can put a lot of stuff into storage (or leave it packed in the garage) in case you don't find something perfectly suitable right now. You can keep looking for something better, over time, and just not settle in to the new place as you would have normally.

Sorry about the loss of your home too. :( This must be a sad time for both of you.

Cherie

Kitty 03-16-2008 11:01 AM

:hug:Char,

Just take a deep breath - it's gonna be just fine.

I went through the same thing in October of last year. I was stressing out, looking at everything that was available and trying to find something without stairs.

I was wearing myself out and told myself that if the condo I was going to look at was nice and he would allow me to lease it then I was taking it - stairs or not. Well, it was nice - brand new but with stairs. But, no yard work which was a plus. The man was willing to lease it to me and I left with a rental application and he said he was going to take the ad out of the paper.

On my way home I passed a "for lease" sign at the front of a neighborhood and thought "what the heck, I'll take a look." Well, this house was perfect. A ranch with a flat driveway and small yard. Not a stair around. And a huge master bedroom with a bathroom that had a step in shower and separate spa tub. Enough room for a wheelchair, too, if I should ever need one. Just perfect in every way. And the man who owns it said "no dogs, but cats are just fine". What??? :eek: A man who loves cats!!! I couldn't believe it! He didn't even charge me a pet deposit! :)

And to think if I had not gone home that way I would not have seen it! God was watching out for me - like there is ever a day when He doesn't??! :)

Anyway, I called the other man back and told him thanks but I had found a place that better suited my needs. He understood and I moved in this new house the first of November.

I didn't need to wear myself out worrying. God already knew where He wanted me. And He knows where he wants you, too. I have no doubt that you will find a nice place and one that suits your needs.

I will keep you and your DBF in my prayers that God will lead you to the home He wants you in. :hug: