NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Fully Favorable Award Letter,?? How Long Befor Back Pay Starts? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/41946-favorable-award-letter-befor-pay-starts.html)

nuttymaster1 03-23-2008 11:03 PM

Fully Favorable Award Letter,?? How Long Befor Back Pay Starts?

HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE, TO RECEIVE YOUR BACK PAY AFTER U GET YOUR AWARD LETTER? HOW DOSE THE BACK PAY WORK, FOR LARGE OR SMALL $ AMOUNTS?:confused:

#2 ?... ANYONE WHO RECEIVED THEIR BACK PAY ALREADY, HOW LONG DID THEY(YOU) HAVE TO WAIT? ANY INFO WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW. :confused: THANKS

oldsteve 03-24-2008 02:38 AM

Mine took about a month or so. But I came to find out that SSA had tried to do a direct deposit into an account that I no longer had. It just took one phone call to give them the correct routing and account numbers and it was there the next day.

HeyJoe 03-24-2008 12:40 PM

Contacting them and making sure that they have the correct account and routing numbers is a good idea to help speed along the process. Mine took about 60 days.

karousel 03-24-2008 02:50 PM

I think I waited about 2 months to get my back pay in one check. Then my monthly payments started about the same time. They had my bank account information so it was directly deposited.

bebop 05-01-2008 12:43 AM

I got my letter towards the end of october and got my first check in december. about a week after the first monthly check I got my backpay. but they told me it could take 60 days

lefthanded 05-03-2008 12:51 AM

I find that SS are about the most organized and responsive agency in our government . . . on the phone! I have not found the same quick, courteous and prompt response from the local office, but every time I have had to call with a question or information (when setting up my direct deposit, and when I had to change accounts) they have been very good to work with.

moneymaker8 05-08-2008 02:56 PM

checking in

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttymaster1 (Post 243336)
HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE, TO RECEIVE YOUR BACK PAY AFTER U GET YOUR AWARD LETTER? HOW DOSE THE BACK PAY WORK, FOR LARGE OR SMALL $ AMOUNTS?:confused:

#2 ?... ANYONE WHO RECEIVED THEIR BACK PAY ALREADY, HOW LONG DID THEY(YOU) HAVE TO WAIT? ANY INFO WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW. :confused: THANKS

Hello,

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you had received anything yet. We were approved at around the same time and I haven't gotten my benefit yet yikes I need it so bad. I did get my fully favorable letter in mail but no money yet how about you. I had a fully favorable decision at hearing Feb 25 got my letter fully favorable from judge April 18 now just waiting.

Let me know I pray god speeds your journey.

Beverley

wkikta 05-25-2008 12:38 PM

The back pay was in my account before I got the letter.:)
</IMG>

Ardell 09-30-2010 06:33 PM

Fully Favorable Decision

Do I need to open a bank acct to receive payments?

Victor H 09-30-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardell (Post 700314)
Do I need to open a bank acct to receive payments?

Yes, if you are going to use direct deposit.

Back Pay can many months. My neighbor has been waiting for eight months, and he calls them weekly for updates.

I hope your back pay arrives quicker.

-Vic