NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I fell (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46814-fell.html)

Snoopy 05-29-2008 07:57 PM

I fell

I went to a newer strip mall in our area. Parked right in front of the store, got out, stepped up the curb, started walking and down I went.

Stupid developers have different colored concrete so I didn't notice the GRAY strip as a step up.

The ladies working in the store saw what happened and gave me 2 names and numbers to call which I will do tomorrow. They told me they have had employees and customers falling since they opened in Dec. 2007. :ranting:

When in the hell did GRAY become proper for steps :ranting:

Please no sympathy, I'm fine. I have two bruised knees and the palm of one hand is bruised.

My leg muscles hurt - I must have pulled them going down or getting....obviously :rolleyes:

Noidy 05-29-2008 08:05 PM

I feel ya snoopy. Sorry you fell. I know since I've lost depth perception, colour is very important in telling where things are.

SallyC 05-29-2008 08:18 PM

Dang, Snoopy, I'm sorry. I hope you won't have any risidual pain from that spill..:hug:

Doesn't it seem, like sometimes, they're out to get us, or is that just paranoia on my part...Dam shopping malls..:mad:

weegot5kiz 05-29-2008 08:26 PM

no sympathy, ok klutz:hug:, i did that a few weeks back, on some stairs the color blended, it was same as ground and never saw first step, glad you didnt break anything, seriously glad you are ok regardless if its sympathy or not:hug:

AfterMyNap 05-29-2008 08:32 PM

1-800-suethelivincrapoutofem

It's toll-free.

Feel better, snoopers! :hug:

I have bad enough pez-deception. :o

mom23angels 05-29-2008 08:57 PM

Aww snoopy, I'm sorry you got hurt. I am not an attorney but I play one on Neuro. forums.. do you want me to press charges or file briefs against them?? I am going to take a sleeping pill tonight but if it doesn't work.. I will get $30 million in punitive damages and other legal words I will look up later for you!! I do hope you feel better :)

Monique

starfish 05-29-2008 09:01 PM

So sorry Snoopy. I hope you heal fast. Grey makes no sense at all! Is that in the building code or a violation?

Snoopy 05-29-2008 09:06 PM

I have been reading the ADA website. I'm not sure who I'm going to call first tomorrow - The ADA to ask questions, the city goverment offices or the developers.

In my unprofessional opinion someone screwed up - HC parking is at one end of the section but if you can't do stairs you will need to go to the other end and back track for some business. It appears (to me) there should be HC parking at the other end as well. But, I could be wrong about this.

The area where I feel has nothing to indicate there is a step. If you have vision problems your going to fall just like I did.

This City usually does quite a good job with accessability.

DM 05-29-2008 09:09 PM

AWW sorry to hear that, LeeAnn~ Did you get the number of that bus????

Glad you didn't break anything, but sure hope you don't feel it worse tomorrow. :hug:

NurseNancy 05-29-2008 09:11 PM

sorry snoop,

go get em!
something doesn't sound right.