NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I Used to Belong Here.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/53467-belong.html)

Blessings2You 09-02-2008 04:33 PM

I Used to Belong Here....

I used to belong here,
Here in the world of normal people,
Here where people simply live
And come and go and do and are.

I look around and marvel
At people striding along, arms swinging,
At people standing on tiptoe,
At people driving cars at night.
Did I really live here once?

I listen to judgmental comments,
And wonder if I used to say that.
I explain into blank expressions,
And wonder if I used to stare that way.
I cringe at magic cures and good intentions
And wonder why no one strangled me
Back when I belonged
In the world of normal people.

I accuse,
I accuse
Those outsiders without MS,
The ones that don’t get it and never will
But truly I am the one on the outside,
Looking in at the world of normal people.
I almost can’t remember
When I used to belong here.

Kitty 09-02-2008 05:22 PM

Me, too. :(

barb02 09-02-2008 05:49 PM

I can definitely relate. And I think of how many things regarding "being normal" that I took for granted.

dmplaura 09-02-2008 06:06 PM

Well said B2Y. However, I am liking our little world we have established. :grouphug:

Not everyone can say they can relate as we can to one another and the parallels in our lives living with a disease.

SallyC 09-02-2008 06:38 PM

Excellent Poetry, Blessings...I love it.:)
Thank You..:hug:

But, who's to say that we are not the normal people and those idiots, out there, doing all that *stuff*, are all nuts.:D

I've had MS for more than half my life, so, Yeah, it is normal.:rolleyes::p

weegot5kiz 09-02-2008 07:47 PM

wow bty, I have tried a few times to capture MS in words, just cant seem to get it done correctly, that was really good, well done, rang of truths.

karousel 09-02-2008 07:55 PM

You said it so well.

DM 09-02-2008 08:04 PM

Bravo B2Y! That was well put.

But, I agree w/Sal; I think us NT members are more normal than we give ourselves credit for.

PolarExpress 09-02-2008 09:55 PM

Beautifully said, B2Y..
I honestly believe that we, who are "outside the norm" are blessed with the ability to see things from both sides. That's an extraordinary ability, and well beyond the norm.

Kitty 09-03-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 360473)
Beautifully said, B2Y..
I honestly believe that we, who are "outside the norm" are blessed with the ability to see things from both sides. That's an extraordinary ability, and well beyond the norm.

You know, Polar, that is so true. I never thought about it that way but you're right.

Since becoming one that is considered "outside the norm" I have become way more sensitive to other people's feelings. I always try to put myself in their shoes before jumping to conclusions about whatever their situation is. And for that I am thankful.

MS may have slowed me down some but that has it's benefits, too. Now I actually can take the time to smell the roses, or coffee or whatever it is that only I can smell!! Those with sensory sensitivity know what I mean!! :D

So, now that I've had a chance to really think about it I think I like where I fit in now. :)