NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   To MS or Not To MS (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/67398-ms-ms.html)

SallyC 12-24-2008 07:16 PM

To MS or Not To MS

OK, so tell me WTH this is?? all of a sudden have sores...on my tongue, my throat, on my lower left lip and my chin...my left ear aches a bit and I have diarhea ( well, that could be the bourbon balls:D)

I thought the redness on my chin was just a pimple but it is not healing and hurts. My lower lip is like I bit it in my sleep and the tongue, too. The throat and ear....I have no idea.

Could it be an MS attack of some weird kind or a bug or infection?? Anyone ever have this or want to venture a guess?

:grouphug:

Twinkletoes 12-24-2008 07:23 PM

That's really weird, Sally. :hug:

Must be some sort of nasty Christmas bug making the rounds. And of course YOU would get it!

Sorry about that, friend. :( Hope you have a joyful day tomorrow, just the same!

lady_express_44 12-24-2008 07:42 PM

Maybe canker sores. Are they kinda raised?

If so, there are lots of home remedies on the web for them. I get an rx for my daughter when she gets them, but most people just treat them with salt directly, salt washes, hydrogen peroxide (DON'T SWALLOW, just dab).

You could look up what the directions are for canker sores, and try anyway.

I used to get canker sores AND cold sores at the same time. :cool:

Cherie

CayoKay 12-24-2008 07:55 PM

aw, Sally, that's perfectly horrid !!

:hug:

hope it clears up pronto.

MSCherokee 12-24-2008 08:14 PM

Is it possible you could be having an allergic reaction to something - meds or food perhaps? I hope whatever it is goes away fast so you can enjoy your Christmas. :hug:

RedPenguins 12-24-2008 08:47 PM

Ooooh, Sally, that sounds just perfectly rotten. (well, at least you get to be perfect, right??) :p

Hope they heal and don't hurt for too long.

I can somewhat relate - my face is SOOOO broken out from the steroids. I look worse than a pizza - I've never had acne like this before.

~Keri

SallyC 12-24-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSCherokee (Post 433485)
Is it possible you could be having an allergic reaction to something - meds or food perhaps? I hope whatever it is goes away fast so you can enjoy your Christmas. :hug:

OMG, could I be alleric to the bourbon balls? Say it isn't so..:eek:

dmplaura 12-24-2008 09:42 PM

I got a cluster of what I thought were cankersores in my throat. Turned out to last about 7-10 days, and I guess it was some weird viral infection, because strep and yeast came back negative.

The closest I could find to what I experienced is called Herpangina. I had the sores and wicked sore throat (ate lots of soup!) but no fever.

Herpangina on Wikipedia

I now have a HUGE, and I do mean HUGE solitary sore in the back of my throat on the right side. It's growing daily. I've been dousing it with Anbesol, but I'm about to start the salt and warm water treatment.

If it doesn't go down in size, I'll be going in to get it burnt off with silver nitrate. Won't be the first time I've had to have a canker sore burnt off. :cool:

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-24-2008 10:02 PM

Geez Sally that sounds awful. I hope you find out what it is soon!

:hug:

Taffy 12-24-2008 10:12 PM

Dang Sally girl, who have you been kissing?:eek:

I would get myself to the Doc. Like pronto-pup!