NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Keeping My Chin Up! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/79664-keeping-chin.html)

Kat 60 03-03-2009 09:26 AM

Keeping My Chin Up!

I was diagnosed in Mar 2007. I had been very active and suddenly I could'nt do physical activities any longer, I had strange symptons for about 7 years before facial issues sent me to a neruo. dr. I now suffer from pretty bad cognative issues, my family, friends and co-workers look at me with a puzzled look when I can not think of simple words. MS is stange in how it is different for everyone who has it, I get very aggravated when I feel bad for days and days but I keep pushing on. I try to be possitive, so many people whine about little things, I do not want to be a "Eyore".

karousel 03-03-2009 01:20 PM

:hug: Hang in there. :hug:

Kitty 03-03-2009 01:30 PM

Hi Kat......welcome to NT. I hear you about the cognitive issues. Some days I feel like I appear to be "dumb" and I know I'm not. The simplest things become monumental. The more irritated with myself I get the worse the sx become.

You're not alone and I agree with your idea about complaining. I always feel guilty after I've griped about my situation because I feel there are so many worse off than me.....and what right do I have to groan about myself when others have much more reasons to do so. But, we all have our "breaking point" and as long as we don't wallow in it a few pity parties can be good for the soul, IMHO.

Hang in there......there's good and bad days for everyone. :hug:

SallyC 03-03-2009 07:55 PM

Hi Kat and welcome to Neurotalk. I am so glad you found us. I hear you....sometimes it's hard to stay positive, when there are negative things happening to your mind and body..:mad:

Hang with us...Rant - we will listen, ask questions - we will try to get you the answer or come to the stumble Inn and have a little fun. We are all here for each other..:hug:

DM 03-03-2009 09:57 PM

Hi Kat and welcome to Neuroalk. Glad your'e with us, so please take a look around and make yourself at home. :welcome_sign::welcome_sign::welcome_sign:

Debbie D 03-04-2009 03:24 AM

Hi Kat! Welcome to NT...this place is chock full of info, laughs, tears and big shoulders to lean or cry on when needed.
The people here have helped me so much...glad you found us here!:D

MooseasaurusRex 03-04-2009 05:34 AM

Kat!

Katkatkat!

One big, warm, tight, hug, handshake and howdy, moose-size official type welcome. This place is amazing!

You are already ahead of the game and remember;

You are not alone:hug:
You are one of us:grouphug:
And we are here to help:)

azoyizes 03-04-2009 04:28 PM

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...me-bug-ag1.gif

Hi Kat, and welcome to NeuroTalk! So glad you found us!! :)

Don't worry about griping. This is a great place to do it, because on the MS forum we understand a lot of what you're going through, and we've done it ourselves from time to time.

If you haven't had a chance yet, do check out Stumble Inn. There are some topics and games on there that can take your mind off MS and make you smile and laugh, at least for awhile. :)

Jappy 03-04-2009 06:28 PM

Hi Kat :welcome_sign:

Glad that you found us. We all understand, rant and rave
all you want. It does help and make you feel a little better.

When you read some of the posts you will laugh, you will
cry. The Stumble Inn is the place to be to find friends and share.

We will help in any way we can. We all share this awful
disease and understand the problems it can cause.

Hoping to see you around. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!!!!

Jappy :hug:

the Bird 03-05-2009 08:21 PM

Hi Kat!

You found a great support system here.