NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Walley (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/86263-walley.html)

baseballfan 05-05-2009 04:09 AM

Walley

Hi,

My 13 year old cat Walley has been sneezing a lot and not keeping things down. He sees the vet Thursday at 1:30 pm. I hope my kitty is not to sick. He was the first cat I got myself from the shelter when he was 2 years old. He is one of my favorite cats I have ever had. he is an orange tabby. Will keep you all updated after he sees the vet.

Kate

Kitty 05-05-2009 05:36 AM

Hi Kate! I hope your kitty is OK, too. It's good that he's seeing the vet, though. Please let us know how the appointment goes and what the vet says. I have an orange tabby, too. His name is Tigger and he's the baby of the family! So spoiled! He's great company and I can't imagine life without him.

mrsD 05-05-2009 05:45 AM

Our cats sneeze alot when we give them dried catnip.

Also cats can have hayfever too... our middle kitty has allergies
and even reacts to vaccines. So we can no longer get even rabies for her.

But one cause of sneezing in older cats is tooth/gum infection.
So you are doing the right thing getting your kitty to the vet!

Let us know what the verdict is....

Doody 05-05-2009 08:41 AM

It could also be a virus. My elder cat doesn't do well unless she has Viralys every day. She's 18 yrs old.

I hope your baby gets well soon.

baseballfan 05-08-2009 02:53 AM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseballfan (Post 505829)
Hi,

My 13 year old cat Walley has been sneezing a lot and not keeping things down. He sees the vet Thursday at 1:30 pm. I hope my kitty is not to sick. He was the first cat I got myself from the shelter when he was 2 years old. He is one of my favorite cats I have ever had. he is an orange tabby. Will keep you all updated after he sees the vet.

Kate

Thanks Kitty, mrsD and Doody for you kind words. Walley saw the vet and he has a cold. Need to give him medicine for a week ounce a day. If not better in 2 weeks he has to go to back to the vet. Thanks for responding to my post. I also have 3 other cats and 2 gold fish. I cannot imagine life wihtout my babies.
hugs:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Kate

redtail 05-08-2009 04:02 AM

Hi Kate,

sorry to Walley has a cold, hope he is feeling better real soon!!
take care
Kate

baseballfan 05-14-2009 07:40 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to let all of you know Walley is feeling much better with his medications he is on. :hug::hug::hug:

Thanks,

Kate

Doody 05-14-2009 06:28 PM

((Kate)) that's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

baseballfan 06-02-2009 08:40 PM

Walley

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doody (Post 510289)
((Kate)) that's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you an update on Walley. He is sick again and see the vet this Friday. Will let you know what vet says.:hug::hug:

Kate

redtail 06-02-2009 11:13 PM

Sorry to hear Walley isn't well again. Will be thinking of you both.

take care