NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   What are those wavy lines? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/86348-wavy-lines.html)

Debbie D 05-06-2009 08:23 AM

What are those wavy lines?

Last Sunday, I was relaxing, watching friends play Bags, when I noticed that in the right part of my vision, there were wavy, translucent lines in a crescent shape. I thought maybe it was in one eye so I closed each eye, but it was in the same place in both eyes. It took about 20 min. for it to disappear.
What do you think it was? It scared me...I also had pain later in bed in my left temple to my left eye...

SallyC 05-06-2009 10:43 AM

:eek: I don't know Deb, but, please let us know, when you find out. :hug: (it must have been the Bags..:D)

Twinkletoes 05-06-2009 10:46 AM

That IS weird! Glad it went away, though. Were you tired at the time?

Ummm, what's Bags?

KajunButterfly 05-06-2009 01:05 PM

WOW Deb! I was having the same problem! Started about a year ago, about 1 episode a month...now has progressed to about 1 every day or so..mine takes about 20-45 minutes to stop. Just went to opthamologist yesterday. He told me I was having optic (optical) migraines! I'd never heard of this..anyway, have to go see my PCP. Doc didnt say if anything wil help, so I guess I'll see. I called the episodes "spinning pinwheels" only way I could describe it. I've had to pull of the road when I'm driving.

Debbie D 05-06-2009 01:56 PM

Optic migraines...hmmm. I'll have to write this down for my neuro appt. next month.
Bags is sometimes called cornhole. There's a board with a hole in it, and you have to stand several yards away and throw a beanbag into it. I wasn't playing, just watching. I was tired and my legs hurt from spasms...I just hate it when I have weird things going on with the eyes...

KajunButterfly 05-06-2009 02:30 PM

Oh Deb...forgot to say I have no headaches with these. Optho. said there is no headaches with these.

Dejibo 05-06-2009 02:52 PM

I get those with my "visual migraines"

I dont always get a headache with it, just visual stuff. They can last from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. Some folks get a bit nauseous, and others just get the visual stuff. If you lay down and rest for a few minutes it should go away.

If it keeps happening, make an appointment with the MD.

Hang in there. :hug:

marion06095 05-06-2009 03:54 PM

I’ve heard them called Optical Migraines, and Silent Migraines. I get them every other month or so. The illusion you see is called an aura. I think auras are beautiful, so when I get one I love to close my eyes, or go to a dark location and enjoy the show.

lady_express_44 05-06-2009 05:55 PM

My eye guy called them "painless migraines" . . . I guess because I wasn't in any pain at the time I got them. :confused:

Cherie

dmplaura 05-07-2009 06:41 PM

I've had them as well. Very freaky the first time it happened!

I've actually linked these to using the combo birth control pills now, in my case.

Since I stopped the pill, again... no more visual migraines! :) No more hospital visit migraines either! Whew!