NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   What do you do well? (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/86557-what-do-you-do-well.html)

maryec 05-08-2009 06:37 AM

What do you do well?

Thought it would be fun, to share. I will start with, I am patient, most of the time exept for driving in FL. ! LOL.... I do well with plants, love to garden. I enjoy organizing things, in my home. Love to do prodjects, for accomplishment. These are things that make me feel good. What do you do well?
Mary

gardengrl 05-08-2009 07:19 AM

I do TONS of things from fixin roofs to caregiver for mom....or course not so well & never finish anything......What I do BEST?? Create Water Gardens!

Joanmarie63 05-08-2009 07:43 AM

I love well and according to my family, make the best chicken and dumplings in the south :rolleyes: I enjoy reading when I can and writing about my experiences as a volunteer {which I have given up for the time being, but will return to it asap} my first book is in process of being published now :D

stayathomemom 05-08-2009 07:54 AM

I am "jill of all trades" and a master of none...
DH says I am a pretty good cook, but then his mother does NOT cook! LOL

Jenna

mrsD 05-08-2009 08:51 AM

I am an artist and gardener. I do both pretty well. They offer me escape from chronic pain and anxiety.

Right now I am doing trays of seedlings. They take alot of care when you don't have a greenhouse. Protection from severe rain, too much moisture, not enough, too much or not enough sun, etc.

I am intending to put some of them around the rocks, left by the road crew last spring.

Here is a picture of them I took the other day-- a before shot:
This is a new fire hydrant and new rocks at the corner of my street. We live 2 houses down. I am planning on some nice
flowers--daisies, black eyed susans and sedums to make this a bit nicer. I am also working on the area directly across from us, but I don't have a pic yet of that.
Doing seed is inexpensive, but time consuming. I can't do seeds when I am working, for example.
(I have some other photos in my album on my profile)

maryec 05-08-2009 10:17 AM

Who Knew ! Amazing, lifestyles we all have, & talent !

redtail 05-08-2009 09:25 PM

I love gardening, and having moved into a unit with a tiny garden, was rather impressed that I was able to grow and supply my family with zuchinni's and paprikas this year, I also grew beetroot, salad greens. My herbs are slowing down as its autumn.

I also love to take photos, of the gorgeous wildflowers here in West Australia, and have just made a Mothers day card with one of them.

I also love to cook and hav started to have my niece round to cook with her, its great fun.

erinhermes 05-08-2009 09:26 PM

What a GREAT idea!

THanks Mary! Something positive to speak of - I love it!

I like to think I can decorate well..........I also cook fairly well and am sewing some pillows for the nuero ward @ the hospital.

When I feel well, I can garden and organize my house pretty quickly - how I miss that! My neuro gets mad at me, cuz' I move sofas, but I hate being stuck on the sofa/bed all the time so when I have the energy I like to do it all!

Big hugs
Erin:D

ras1256 05-09-2009 08:44 AM

I puzzle doctors pretty well!;) LOL.

I know I'm really good at my job (office manager, accounting and HR).

I'm not sure how well I do these, but I sure enjoy them - painting (watercolor), sewing, fishing and camping, baking and housekeeping.

My kids say I'm a good mom, and my hubby says I'm the best wife (but he wears rose colored glasses!:D)

Thanks Mary! :grouphug:

mrsD 05-09-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ras1256 (Post 507939)
I puzzle doctors pretty well!;) LOL.

Thanks Mary! :grouphug:

That's pretty funny and upbeat!