NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Admitted to the hospital, argh (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/88558-admitted-hospital-argh.html)

Jodylee 06-02-2009 05:13 PM

Admitted to the hospital, argh

This is a continuation of the ON thread I started earlier.

I am pumped full of dilaudid so please forgive me for being a bit incoherent.

I had an mri done and it didn't show anything definitive which is a good thing. The er doc believes it probably ON. The mri machine here is not the greatest according to the doc. All my other ms sx are really acting up. I am probably starting a flare up. They are keeping me here because morphine doesn't even help the pain in my head. I think someone said something about PT?? I'm not sure. DH is with me so when I come out of this fog he can tell me what's going on.

Thanks so much RW :hug:. If it weren't for you I don't think I would have come to the er at all.

Kitty 06-02-2009 05:23 PM

Oh, honey! :hug: I'm so sorry you're in the hospital.....but at least they can help with the pain. Once you're coherent please come back and update us on what's going on.

You're in my prayers......I wish I was closer so I could come visit you. :(

Bearygood 06-02-2009 05:35 PM

Sorry, Joelle. I posted in the other thread before I saw this one. Did they do an MRI of the orbits or just of the brain? When it's ON, my neuro-op says there will always be a lesion that shows on the optic nerve.

So glad you went to the ER! Feel better!

Erin524 06-02-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearygood (Post 518321)
Sorry, Joelle. I posted in the other thread before I saw this one. Did they do an MRI of the orbits or just of the brain? When it's ON, my neuro-op says there will always be a lesion that shows on the optic nerve.

So glad you went to the ER! Feel better!

If the lesions causing ON always show, I wonder why my MRI of the orbits that I had in 2006 had no sign at all of a lesion...I had a flaming case of ON at the time.

SallyC 06-02-2009 06:10 PM

:circlelove:(((((((((((Joelle))))))))))))))

Dejibo 06-02-2009 06:26 PM

awww, drug hugs for you missy! :hug:

pud's friend 06-02-2009 06:41 PM

Get stronger quickly. Thoughts are with you and everyone who is suffering...

NurseNancy 06-02-2009 06:55 PM

i hope you're better soon.
please take it easy and rest.
i'm glad your dh is with you.

barb02 06-02-2009 06:56 PM

Joelle, Hope the pain takes a permanent hike. Take care!:hug:

Bearygood 06-02-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 518329)
If the lesions causing ON always show, I wonder why my MRI of the orbits that I had in 2006 had no sign at all of a lesion...I had a flaming case of ON at the time.

Erin, I'm really glad you wrote this because I ALMOST wrote "almost" always. Unless I misunderstood at the time, my neuro-op told me this is the case and one other person I know said what you did, that there was no sign of a lesion. However, that other person is not very trustworthy and now that you brought it up, I will definitely ask again tomorrow!

The two questions on my list that I've collected from the forum so far are this and also the other one concerning any value of doing steroids for ON other than to hasten recovery.

Okay, back to Joelle. :hug: :hug: