NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Can I be allowed to complain? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/92970-allowed-complain.html)

Natalie8 07-10-2009 04:41 PM

Can I be allowed to complain?

Where I live it is 104 degrees right now. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 106. I'm somewhat new to this area--I certainly did not grow up with this kind of heat. People look at me strange when I say this is too hot.

All you M.S.ers out there will agree that not only is this hot but UNBEARABLE if you have MS. Right? I should be able to whine?? I feel like I am trapped in my house and can't go anywhere. The A/C can't even keep up by the end of the day. And this will go on until Sept.

Aarcyn 07-10-2009 04:55 PM

Yes you are allowed to complain about the unbearable heat. We are expecting 111 degrees by the weekend here. I stay in with the A/C cranked up.

Or float in the pool.

Keep drinking plenty of fluids.:)

Kitty 07-10-2009 04:57 PM

Complain away! We're just coming out of a heat wave here in GA. It was in the high 90's for over a week with the heat index into the 100's. It was humid and miserable. I just stayed indoors and the A/C ran continuously for days. I was so afraid that it would just die from overuse! I'd seriously have to go to a hotel if that ever happened! :o

Luckily, today is much better and we're back to the 80's and low 90's. Never thought I'd consider that cool! :rolleyes: I hope you get some relief soon.

Erin524 07-10-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalie8 (Post 535569)
Where I live it is 104 degrees right now. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 106. I'm somewhat new to this area--I certainly did not grow up with this kind of heat. People look at me strange when I say this is too hot.

All you M.S.ers out there will agree that not only is this hot but UNBEARABLE if you have MS. Right? I should be able to whine?? I feel like I am trapped in my house and can't go anywhere. The A/C can't even keep up by the end of the day. And this will go on until Sept.

holy crap! yes! Complain!

Those weirdos who dont have MS are just clueless morons when it comes to the heat. They're even bigger weirdos if they say they LIKE the heat!

Dejibo 07-10-2009 05:16 PM

:holysheep::Help:

I would be in the corner sucking my thumb, and whining. I get nuts when it goes over 80 around here, and you are over 100!

I think you should drag out your soap box, and preach away! Thats HOT!

Lady 07-10-2009 05:17 PM

Hi Natalie,
Wow! That is hot. Whine away. When people are born to an area they seem to except it as their normal. To me hot is hot, no matter where you live.

Can you get out very early in the day, or late in the evening, when it perhaps cools off?

Your 100 % correct. MS hates to be heated.

Our summers are usually very hot too, high 90's and humid, but lately we have had lots of rain and cooler than normal temperatures. Unless August and September make up for this climate change.

I find our winters the worst for me, with the ice and snow, it keeps me indoors, housebound. I hate that.

Can't go out at night it's worse then, more black ice and very slippery to walk on. I can't even get to my mailbox.

SallyC 07-10-2009 05:18 PM

I hear ya Nat!!!!!:hug:

barb02 07-10-2009 05:31 PM

Please complain! You have a right too. I have thought about moving to Austin, TX when I retire to be closer to family, but I do not think I could handle the heat about six months out of the year.

Snoopy 07-10-2009 05:47 PM

Complain all you want, Natalie.

This might help get you started --- :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Natalie8 07-10-2009 05:53 PM

I just knew you guys would understand!! :D

Okay, listen to this. At 10 pm last night it was still 95. At 2 am it was 87 degrees! The lowest at night it gets down to is 80. :p

It came early this year--we've had at least 2 weeks of this already (100+ degrees). I'm going to celebrate come the third week of September!!!!

I mean, really....why do people live in this climate? (I had little choice--job brought me here).

I'm probably extra whiney because I lived in San Diego for 8 years.