Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In Jan 28-Feb 3, 2006

Hi everyone..

Its been pretty much a do nothing week..It been very cold this week and its taking a toll on me..People have asked me if the weather affects me and untill this year I really didnt have a definite answer to that question..Now I do..It definately affects me..I feel so much better in the summer, and I have definately progressed in a years time..a little too much for my liking..I dont like when it gets cold like this because I get into that lack of motivation rut..I have got so much to do, but cant get a decent day to get outdoors to do anything..Ive made my reservations for the PAN Forum and all thats left to do is get my train tickets..To be honest, I havent been feeling that great, and the only thing thats motivating me to go is to see you folks again and to meet Carolyn, Chasmo, etc..That I look foward to!..I now feel like I officially am a parkie, whereas before when I felt better I felt like I was somewhere inbetween..What I really dislike about the way I feel is that my moods and emotions seem to have control over my mannerisms, stuttering, broken sentences, movements, even an occasional dyskentic motion to express myself, that I dont believe is even dyskenisia..I feel at times like a puppet on strings..every movement and motion controled by my pd who is holding the strings..Its getting real weird to say the least..but of course its not always like that, but I dont like it when I feel that way..it feels like my heart is on my sleeve, and it feels like if you had the ability to read my motions/gestures/body language..then you could read my mind..kinda like Pinnochio when he lies his nose grows..

So theres not much else going on..How as your week?

advertisement
Old 01-28-2007, 07:18 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Frown Miss Gloomy here...LOL

Steve, it will be great to meet you at PAN, and while I have "known" Charlie for years, it will be nice to meet him in person too!! I can't believe it is only a few days away.

Last week I did my duty and spent my three days at my daughter's house watching kids...breakfast, making sure Simon had on underwear (he hates underwear; 6yrs), packing lunches, after school snacks, meeting buses..the usual stuff...one cooking one supper. Oh yes, and in addition to that, I packed up my home into boxes and bags and more boxes.

Yesterday two guys and a truck moved me 9 miles into the "city." Gratefully, it was not horribly cold yesterday (that would be teens and less during the day), but the teens are returning tonight. Now that I have this mess all around me I am not sure what to do with it. I am too exhausted to even care. Sitting here this morning I just want to cry all day. The PAN Forum may come and go before I have all that is scattered around me in boxes and piles put away into new homes in my house.

I think Casper the cat is the only happy person this morning. I heard him all night rambling around on the hardwood floors...running and jumping around...discovering his new home.

Quote:
What I really dislike about the way I feel is that my moods and emotions seem to have control over my mannerisms, stuttering, broken sentences, movements, even an occasional dyskentic motion to express myself, that I dont believe is even dyskenisia..I feel at times like a puppet on strings
Dr. Shulman said something to me last time I saw her that I had never put together before, "You are doing that because you are OFF." (I was very symptomatic due to a harrowing, rainy 90-min drive into Baltimore.) Now why didn't I know that my stuttering, inability to find words and inability to put a sentence together where signs of off. I just thought they were PD. Yes it is, but it is also Off.

Like a puppet on a string...yep! I can agree with that one, and my dyskinesia is mild. I do hate the way dyskinesia feels. I suppose one becomes accustom to the sensation, but I don't like it.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Confused

Steve, this thread has always been something most looked forward to each week...for years now! It has always been one of those places that everyone could share the ups and downs of their weeks.

Why is no one adding updates anymore?
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 PM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Well that explains why your most excellent humor hasn't popped up in the funny thread, which I have been waiting for. Steve, I feel lack of motivated a lot of the time, but have always managed to forget about it and draw new reserves of energy when I go to a PD event and see everyone. You'll forget all about those aches and pains and all the unsettling symptoms and for awhile just laugh at them and enjoy yourself.

PAN is a much smaller event than the WPC and in one hotel. Everyone sees everyone everyday. Looking forward to seeing you.

Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Did you say humor Paula?

What you say infidel?..Man who make this lousy soup should be hanged?

Thats it!!..No soup for you one year!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
Steve, this thread has always been something most looked forward to each week...for years now! It has always been one of those places that everyone could share the ups and downs of their weeks.

Why is no one adding updates anymore?
I dont know whats up Carolyn..I still post this thread on Braintalk and hardly anyone replies..Ever since the crash nothing has returned to what it was
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve, Carolyn and everyone,
The forum you're both going to should be good. Let us all know what the topics are ok?
Nothing new here, we've had an exchange student staying with us for six months who went home last week. Her parents couldn't make it to the airport in Madrid due to snow. Hard to believe when it's so hot here!
Anyway, that's it for now.
Regards,
Lee
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:43 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Been a busy week. Have my graduation ceremony coming up for my Masters Degree at the ripe old age of 47 this coming Saturday Feb. 3rd. When I was in high school in the late 70's all I cared about was sex, drugs, and rock and roll. I never imagined that I would ever go to college, much less have a Masters Degree. It's pretty mind blowing for me and I can't wait for the ceremony to walk across that stage (slowly and stiffly!) and get that diploma. Very cool!

Other than that, continuing working on the marketing component for the PD speaking business. Lots of mailing to do!

Have gotten involved with a number of PD organizations to try and help however I can in terms of increasing awareness and helping others with PD, as well as their caregivers. Lots of work but so rewarding.

We're finally getting some cold weather and rain here in Southern California, so I'm feeling stiffer and slower than normal. I don't like the cold and I don't know how you guys do it where you live in the snow and such. Ugg.

I'm also wondering if my Sinemet "honeymoon period" is coming to an end after 9 months. I don't feel as good as I initially did when I first started taking it. Maybe it's just the weather?

Steve (and others) look for me at PAN in DC. It's my first trip and I'm looking forward to it. A good chance to learn a lot, meet new friends and some old ones too. You can't miss me. I'm 6'4" and will probably be one of the tannest people there!

Have a great week everyone!

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cold weather

and a slow increase of of my budding pd symptoms. dx six months ago , i've been reading here most every day. i realy like this check-in thread so this is my first contribution. steve, we e-mailed once, and you helped me feel welcomed here and that i had a place here if i wanted it and that i belonged.
i have a 4 year old daughter thats the light of my life, this morning i took her to preschool and sunday she flew her first kite with me at the peir on wrightsville beach. i wish everyone could have seen her face. ive been feeling a great high since then.
gotta go, oyster
oyster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
When I was in high school in the late 70's all I cared about was sex, drugs, and rock and roll. .
teve (and others) look for me at PAN in DC. It's my first trip and I'm looking forward to it. A good chance to learn a lot, meet new friends and some old ones too. You can't miss me. I'm 6'4" and will probably be one of the tannest people there!

Todd
PDTalks.com
Now all we care about is sex....LOL

I am 6'4" also, no tan however.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote