View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
What a bummer!!

That virus is a mean one. Hopefully he got it all otherwise it will slowly come back again. A real pain in the buttski!!

A router has a built in firewall, and your computer has one making it double duty so to speak, but it doesnt mean you cant get a virus. All the virus protection in the world wont help if a person allows the file to be downloaded to their pc.

You just have to be super critical of anything you download, and dont ever click on a antivirus pop up. Anywhere you click on it gives it permission to download to your pc. I even heard that using the task manager to close it may even not work, but it is better than clicking on the red X, or clicking anywhere really.
Melody your actually better off logging in every time. This means your computer isnt remembering anything, good or bad. You can change it, but I wouldnt change it back until you know for sure it is gone.

If you really want it to remember your passwords, go into tools then options, then to the security tab and select remember passwords of websites.

I wish you good luck on this one.
Allen, how do you close a pop up like that if you can't X it out?

Son just had this on his PC and he had to reformat his PC. He would just X out the popup so in the future I want to try to stop this before it gets in.

Thanks for any advice ya got...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote