NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   @#$% Cold! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/111595-cold.html)

cyclelops 01-02-2010 02:17 PM

@#$% Cold!

It is freaking cold. Have to wear my long johns to the movies.:eek: and one of those balaclava things or whatever you call them....and a hat, with a hood over it. I am somewhere in this bundle of clothes. What a pain to go to the bathroom.

Kitt 01-02-2010 02:55 PM

-24 degrees here this A.M.:(

mrsD 01-02-2010 04:39 PM

I have to agree.... the coldest Summer in decades and now THIS!

My legs ache when it gets cold like this. I can barely climb the stairs in front, outside when it is like this!

echoes long ago 01-02-2010 05:26 PM

and i think the 26 degrees we have here today is cold

cyclelops 01-02-2010 05:55 PM

It is currently 7, going below zero, not counting windchill. It isn't too windy right now, so it only feels like -1. Not like Bismark ND at -39.

We don't get many -22 without windchill weeks any more. Back in the early '80s the Great Lakes got hit really hard, and Rice Lake WI recorded a -60, not counting windchill. Ahhhh, the good old days.:Viking: I have Viking blood on at least two of my 4 lines, but, I am not a Viking fan, lol, go Pack. I don't blame Favre for bailing out of GB, for a dome. At his age, why deal with the cold. Anyway, Aaron Rodgers is kinda cute. Besides I am related to half of MN anyway, so I can't dis them. I like MN, but I can't leave Badgerland. Go Bucky. Yah hey der. You betcha. Hope youz guys stay warm.

I gotta go get outa my insulated tights.

(Don't you just hate it when it is so cold your boogers scratch the inside of your nose.)

Kitt 01-02-2010 05:57 PM

This global warming is something else isn't itPonder::icon_rolleyes: :Hum:

I've got Viking blood too and I am a Viking fan :) I am a Green Bay fan too - that is when they aren't playing the Vikings :)

cyclelops 01-02-2010 06:00 PM

:picknose:

cyclelops 01-02-2010 06:06 PM

It wasn't too bad. I managed to hit the Outlet Mall and a movie today. I have such bad cabin fever. Ugh. Three more months to go. Seems like a lifetime right now.:(

darlindeb25 01-02-2010 06:56 PM

I's 23 now on the island. I moved here from Michigan, so I was used to cold weather, much colder than here, but now, I am used to Long Island weather, and I don't like 23.:mad: The cold is much harder on my neuropathy too, so much aching now, and my feet are always so cold, nothing warms them.

This morning, I was leaving for work, walked over to throw some trash in the garbage can and must of hit some black ice, down I wentmy right hand, right hip, and the side of my leg. My hand burned for a long time, probably feel it more in the hip when I go to bed. Old bones hate falling.

I want summer back!!:(

jakatak 01-02-2010 09:32 PM

Oh Boy

I don't know Cycleopes.....I wonder if it is a good idea to do the "Cheesehead" thing on this forum. There are many hardcore Vikings fans that can't the green and yellow....(However...I am old enough to remember when Mn actually cheered for Greenbay....that was before Mn even had a team. We cheered for Bart Starr....Paul Hornung...Jim Taylor....Ray Nitschke and Vince Lombardi!