Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 AM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Off subject, but these things seem crazy to me.

In Fort Collins' Co. the city is not putting up any red and green lights for Christmas because it is offensive to some religions.

In another state a school has banned hugging of the students. Susan had to sat down and talk to Devin about this because he hugs everybody. When I ask him who his best friend was in school. He said he didn't have one, they all were. He's like that. So open.

In another school they are handing out birth control pills to 11 year olds. The pills might help pregnancy but it doesn't help STD's.

Do any of you think some of these things are just crazy like I do. Do people have nothing better to do then to sit around and make these crazy rules and laws.

In my Grandson's school, they can't wear red, white, nor blue, because it represents gangs, I guess it doesn't matter that it also represents the flag.

The kids can't wear hoodies because they can put a gun in the hood.

Girls can color their hair but boys can't.

I don't think there is a day goes by anymore that the news doesn't tell of another one of these crazy issues.

What's your thought on this?

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-09-2007, 12:11 PM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ada

Hi Ada,
I live in the UK but I totally understand what you mean, it is the same UK.

In my school we can wear black trainers but we can't have any other colour on them.

We can't sing Baa Baa Black Sheep to young children because it is racist to Africans etc.

Boys can colour their hair but girls can't

Girls can only wear bobbles/headbands etc that are green, black or white, to represent our schools uniform

Boys can't wear tracksuit bottoms

Girls can't wear skirts

It is just stupid
Pain free hugs
Alison
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ali,

Those rules sound so ignorant. Why can you not wear a skirt? I can understand if it were a mini but longer hemlines should be ok'd.

In the school Devin goes to, a petition has been signed to get the principal out. This is his last year. We live in a small close knit town and I think people just thought the man was nuts.

I am really attached to my Grandson's, so I am involved in their school life. I have had a round with their principal already. They were hoping to get him out this school year but apparently there was a contract but thankfully he will be gone after this year. He came in and started throwing out rules like he was an army officer. His last name is Strubel but everyone calls him screwball. Even the teachers.

I think they have their priorites wrong. With things as trivial as colors, I guess the next thing the country will do is to ask Crayola to quit making certain colors of crayons. LOL

I notice in the state where they are giving away birth control pills, there is a group getting together to fight it. I would be right in there if I had an 11 year old child. I would want to teach the kids not to have casual sex and not to hand them a card to have it anytime they want. This is my feelings anyway.

I hope you start feeling better so you can get back into school soon.

Ada
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Ada,
I know it is stupid with schools etc.
I totally agree, 11 year olds shold not be given birth control pills, that is just allowing them to have sex because they can't get pregnant which is just stupid - most 11 year olds are not having sex anyway!
I feel so sorry for your grandson, people should not pick on him just because of his surname, the teachers should not call him that either, it must upset him a lot. Send him my love
I agree Crayola will start banning certian colours lol. I bet people from another country/background pick on us but they don't get into trouble for it.
I hope things are looking better for you.
My pain is terrible today, I have not slept for 3 days now. Although I could only get to sleep for 2 hours before because of pain etc
Pain free hugs
Alison
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ali,

You misunderstood what I was saying about the name. The principal's last name is Strubel and everyone calls him screwball including the teachers. When I talked to him, he was so rude and so nutty. I do feel that a lot of people have book knowledge and no book sense and he is one of those.

I know what you mean about the sleep. I just tried to lay down and take a nap and I can't even sleep in the daytime.

Are any of your meds helping your pain at all? I do think you need to find another Dr. Your Mother had mentioned it and I do think it's a good ideal.

Ada
Old 11-10-2007, 06:41 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Unfortunately Ada the world is going crazy with 'political correctness'
We are no longer allowed to have "Carol's Nights at the schools",The Nativity Play at Kindergarden, Easter Egg Hunts, Religious Instruction in school unless ALL religions are covered (crazy stuff seeing the school is 97% Christian)
I am totally respectful of the rights of every person to be able to celebrate which ever religion they choose, but I can not imagine any country where Islam, Judaism, Buddhism etc is the majority religion followed, that would cease all their Religious festivals so as to not "insult" those who are Christian.
Where will it end?
Love Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 AM #7
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Tayla,

I am wondering when and where it will end.

My thing with the schools is they are so busy worrying about what colors not to wear or who to hug that in this state the kids aren't getting the best education they can get.

As far as the religion. You are right. It's a handful of people saying we can't have these things and the rest of the world is letting them do it. I am hoping the people in Fort Collins will stand up for their rights on this. I feel people just aren't getting involved enough in fighting for their rights.

I send a lot of emails to the Co. Government trying to get something done in a lot of issues. I will be writing about the light colors today. I thought it was funny when the newsmen that were telling about the Christmas lights said that they need to take a look at the red and green lights that keep traffic going? Duh. The newsmen were having such a laugh about the idiotocracy of the people who are fighting for such a trival thing. But it might be a trivial thing, but it moves up to bigger things.

I don't know what will be next around here with the colors and things in our area but I have a feeling it won't fly around here. It's sad that it is hitting everybody everywhere.

Ada
Old 11-10-2007, 09:57 AM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Dreambeliever128

Hi,
Sorry for mistaking what you said about the "screwball" situation. Many principal's are rude, they are only there for the money, just because they earn a lot of money doesn't mean that they have to be so horrible.
My headmaster/principal at my old school was so nice, but he sadly passed away and a new person took over, she was so horrible and strict. I don't know how some of them get their jobs!
None of the meds are helping my pain, I have tried Baclofen, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Lyrica, Morphine, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline, and many many more. I am sick of the pain it is horrible!
Yes, we are trying to get a new PM dcotor, my nurse emailed my mom yesterday saying that my PM doctor wants to speak to my mom on Wednesday whilst I have Physiotherapy (why wont he see me too, at the end of the day I am the patient, I am sick of not being able to see him)
My moms say that she is going to stand up for us, otherwise we will get no where. We have asked my doctor to refer us to another hospital although I don't know whethers hes had chance to .
Hows your day? Hows the pain, I really hope it is better and that you fid something that will help you.
Pain free hugs
Alison
_x_
Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 AM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ali,

My pain right now are my hands. I started wearing my hand braces last night per order of my Dr. and that helped. I have a feeling it's the CTS starting up. I try to keep it all calm in hopes I can do without surgeries on it. We wait until I can no longer wait to have them. My finger is still swollen so I don't know yet if I can bend it or not. It did help the pain.

We finally have my pelvic pain calmed down some. I had triggerpoint injections to calm down the nerves. This is the third time I have done this to calm down that pain. If I had a block on my lower half it might put it into remission but I just have to damn much going on that keeps me from doing it.

Yesterday I delt with my depression. I think it's worse now due to Bill being gone a year this month and now I have to take the people to small claims court that worked on my computer. Yesterday was a day of fighting with people on the phone. It was so frustrating.

I am glad that you might get to see another Dr. I think you do have a right to know what they are saying about you in the Drs. office. I think the more you know the more you can help yourself. I know it must be frustrating for you to be treated like a child. You are but you are knowlegable and want to learn and you should have that right.

I know what you are saying about the meds. I tried all of them you mentioned and more. I fell many times from being on meds that made me dizzy and off balanced. When I finally found out about the Methadone I was on cloud 9 and not from taking it either. LOL. I hated all of those side effects from those meds. They will finally find some that will do what you want them to. I hope you Mom does stand up to that Dr. That's what it takes to get them to listen. I think some try to intimidate us so we won't talk back to them. My Dr. doesn't do that. He treats me as if I know what he is talking about all of the time. Sometimes he gives me too much credit but at least I'm not afraid to talk to him and that's what we need. We are stuck with RSD all of our life so we have to be able to help with our care, I believe that though with any illness. The more we know the better we get.

I wrote down every time I woke up last night and I finally got 3 hours sleep in one time. I can't get to a point where I am sleeping all through the night. I guess we never do.

I am anxious to hear how things go with your next Dr.'s appt. I hope good.

Ada
Old 11-10-2007, 10:41 AM #10
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ada

Hi Ada,
Many thanks for replying, - you are so kind and understanding.
I am sorry about the pain in your hands, I am glad that the brace helped you.
My doctor says that I should not know about RSD - at the end of the day it is my illness so I have a right to know what it is. He says that my mom is scaring me - she is not, I found some information myself! I can't believe he does not want me to know about RSD.
I am so sorry about your depression - everyone suffers from it with RSD but it must be so hard for you with Bill being gone a year (((HUGS)))
I am going to start writing a pain diary to give to my mom to take to my doctor, and see what he says about it. I think that it is also a good idea for me to write down how often I am awake during the night. I hardly get any sleep, I might get about 2 hours if I'm lucky
Pain free hugs
Alison