Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown No SGB Today Afterall! :(

Hi Friends,

I went for my first SGB today. I was nervous, excited all at the same time. I was hoping for some relief to indicate this was the right road for me to some sort of remission.

Today after prep, the doctor met with me. She was very nice and very concerned that the doctors that I had seen did not rule out diseases that would cause some of my symptoms. So, she decided to try to contact my doctor as I waited. I guess she had no luck and told me she did not feel comfortable performing the procedure unless everything else had been ruled out. She said she has been practicing in pain management for years and has seen many people with CRPS but it's very "uncommon" to see someone who has it in 3 extremities. I was a bit confused, frustrated by this.

Since September of 2006 my symptoms started in my left arm (immediately following an attempted blood donation.) Months later after I was convinced my muscle or nerve was healing I developed stabbing, burning and swelling in that arm with ghost like pains of when I was stuck with the need during blood draw. I've had continued swelling since May of 2007 in my left arm. My left leg had swollen during the day and the doctor and I assumed it was from office work. (Sitting around at the desk too long) But now my lower legs burn if I stand too long, are red and shiny. My left leg is swollen, considerably and noticeably. My knee is bright red at times, especially when getting out of the shower and it feels stiff or difficult to bend at times. All fingers, on both hands are now swollen, shiny and red and hurt to bend. As I type they are cold and my tips are numb. I've had flair-up affecting my entire body, full body burning including the head and face. (Even my lips and teeth also eyes) My neck also is consistently burning, like a full on sun burn that never heals. I will say some of the message therapy on my C-Spine did reduce the burning for a while, which I was happy about. I'm very sensitive to temperature, cold makes my skin reddish/purplish which now all doctors are seeing. My joints are all stiff, difficulty shifting at night because of my lower back. Sometimes it get's so stiff it feels like I'm 100 years old and my husband needs to roll me over. (I'm only 34 years old)

She wants to make sure I don't have Lyme Disease and test for other similar diseases which host some of my symptoms. I don't know of any that do host these symptoms. Maybe it's a combination of things. I know CRPS can cause other diseases as well. Like Fibromyalgia and Mysofacial Pain Syndrome. I must have some Raynards in there...I just don't know.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated. I'm sick of feeling things are getting better and then feeling worse. I'm really worried as things seem to get worse and now "back to the drawing board". Very frustrating, I'm sure someone here, if not all of you can relate to my frustration. I guess that's why I'm posting.

What else could I possibly have?

She did say that I had a bone spur on my C-Spine, I know I have a joint effusion on my left elbow (discovered after my first MRI after symptoms started.)

I'm trying to continue working like a trooper, provide for my family and not get so frustrated with the kids. They don't understand, two of them are in the selfish teenager modes. They're helpful but still ask a lot of me...which is normal but I don't know how much longer I can do this. Everything is so tiring. I can't even tell you if it's mental or physical exhaustion...maybe both.

She's increased my Nuerontin to 1200mg a day from 600 in hopes it will alleviate some burning while we look for other causes.

Anyways, any thoughts friends? I'm trying all your suggestions and they did work for me. For now though, they seem to not be which might be normal but it seems whenever this thing comes back it comes back harder.

You know, I put my Christmas decorations away and I put them away with the mindset that next year someone else might have to decorate the tree and I wanted everything to be easily accessed and in order. I was nearly crying as at this thought. I can't count on anything in the future.

Oh what a downer! Sorry..